Mach 1 VS. GTO

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
I don't know about you guys but when I was stock (04 M6) I ran a 13.5 at Silver Dollar at 105. Then with a K&N, tune and Nittos I ran a 13.0 at 108. Now, with my bolt-ons/tune I run a 12.8 at 110 at Gainesville. On the spray I run 11.8 at 120. You must race some really bad drivers, and believe me, there are a lot of them. A lot of GTO owners are first time sports car owners and newbs at the strip. I outran an 03 Cobra with 438 rwhp last Saturday. He was talking some smack and after the race he was humbled. I've raced 2 Machs and beat them both times.

Of course, I can drive!

My view is: With equal drivers the 04 GTO is a drivers race with an 03/04 Mach. MM & FF proved that. The 05/06 GTO over the 03/04 Mach.

Now with street racing, anything can happen.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
VenomGTO said:
Yes, we are pigs out of the hole. Heavy weight, IRS, and little wheel wells are very crippling for our 60' times.

I cut a 1.81 on 245 Falkens. With my new BFG G-Force drags on my 18 inch wheels, new 60s to come. Do some suspension mods or get better tires. The stock tires are C-R-A-P. I have a buddy with an A5 that cuts high 1.7s and another Procharged 04 with MT drags that cuts 1.6Xs. Takes a few mods and some skill.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Doc GTO said:
I don't know about you guys but when I was stock (04 M6) I ran a 13.5 at Silver Dollar at 105. Then with a K&N, tune and Nittos I ran a 13.0 at 108. Now, with my bolt-ons/tune I run a 12.8 at 110 at Gainesville. On the spray I run 11.8 at 120. You must race some really bad drivers, and believe me, there are a lot of them. A lot of GTO owners are first time sports car owners and newbs at the strip. I outran an 03 Cobra with 438 rwhp last Saturday. He was talking some smack and after the race he was humbled. I've raced 2 Machs and beat them both times.

Of course, I can drive!

My view is: With equal drivers the 04 GTO is a drivers race with an 03/04 Mach. MM & FF proved that. The 05/06 GTO over the 03/04 Mach.

Glad you chimed in Doc. :beer:

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Doc GTO said:

Of course, I can drive!

Thats Cool, we would be a fun race to watch. I am just about 3 tenths ahead of you n/a and on the nitrous. I usually waste that at the tree. :)

I never went to the drag strip, to race, before owning the Mach 1. I have learned a lot over the last 2 years, and I have really enjoyed it :beer:

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
I'd rather not talk about my quarter times on this site because I know I will get flamed. I will tell you however that it puts down over 400 AWHP on pump on a Mustang dyno and this summer it will be putting out well over 500 on C16 and methanol spray. The car was set up for auto-x and the occasional street match. I bought it to run on the street and that's pretty much where she stays. Here's a pic...

tactical.gif

That has got to be a blast to drive. I drove an EVO MR around the other day, it only put down 340 AWHP and it was a lot of fun. Everybody wanted to race me though, more than when I am in the Mach 1. :thumbsup:

But I think you are off a little on your assement of the Mach 1's capabilities. I will not bother repeating most of what has been said. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread