2nd 2.00 2.07
3rd 1.32 1.43
4th 1.00 1.00
5th -0.62 0.84
6th N/A 0.57
Final Drive: 3.55:1 3.46:1
Curb Weight: 3465lbs 3725lbs
Pounds Per Hp: 10.828 9.312

Just some information I'd thought I'd share. On a dyno Machs and GTO put out about the same horsepower and to add to it, Machs are lighter, have better gears ratios-1st though 3rd and have a better rearend with the 3.55:1 gears. So if you decide to race one and he isnt completely modded you should be able to hand him his ass until 4th gear redline at about 145mph.
So start modding those Machs and kicking ass guys. :rockon:

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I actually ran a 05 GTO about two months back to about 100 mph. My car was pretty much stock except for the drop in K&N Air Filter and DynoMax Bullets. I really surprised him because I was pulling so hard and he could not pull past me.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Frankin I would like to refer you to the very first post by Ironhand. The numbers do not lie. You are correct drivers inexperienced or experienced can make the difference.

Last edited:

o3BLUEMACH1

Established Member
the sad part is last time i was at the track i had a faster time than all the 04-06 gto's there with a 13.6, they were all low 14~high 13's...its probably just too much power for stock tires IMHO

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Yes, I think you guys may need a reality check. I have taken down several Machs and when I raced my friends GTO (from a roll) we were neck and neck to the point we still don't know who won. I'd think that a 400hp GTO would beat a Mach, just common sense. And as far as the dynos comparing I have no clue how that's possible. GTOs usually put down a little less than a 03-04 Cobra so how can an N/A mustang plan to compare?

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Once again it all comes down to driving. Street racing is one thing. Running at the track is a whole different ball game. I am sure you know that. I don't care if a 06 GTO has 400 hp. I still see them turning in mid 13 1/4 times. You can get a stock Mach to turn low 13's all day long with some experience. I know that I am not the only one on here that can contest to that. Once again if you have not seen Ironheads post here are the numbers again. Numbers don't lie.

Here are the stats for both cars.

Mach 1 GTO

Engine: 32 Valve 4.6L(281) DOHC 16 Valve 6.0L(364.3) LS2
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1 10.9:1
Horsepower: 320bhp @ 6000 400bhp@ 5200
Torque: 320lb. ft. @ 4250 400lb. ft.@ 4000
Gear Ratios: 1st 3.38 2.97
2nd 2.00 2.07
3rd 1.32 1.43
4th 1.00 1.00
5th -0.62 0.84
6th N/A 0.57
Final Drive: 3.55:1 3.46:1
Curb Weight: 3465lbs 3725lbs
Pounds Per Hp: 10.828 9.312

Mach 1 Mania

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Yes, I think you guys may need a reality check. I have taken down several Machs and when I raced my friends GTO (from a roll) we were neck and neck to the point we still don't know who won. I'd think that a 400hp GTO would beat a Mach, just common sense. And as far as the dynos comparing I have no clue how that's possible. GTOs usually put down a little less than a 03-04 Cobra so how can an N/A mustang plan to compare?

I think YOUR high!

I have raced plenty to know. :loser:

They are pigs out the hole. Without spray I tear them apart. Granted im pretty modded. BUT still. :poke:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Drivers race in my opinion.

And GTO's lay down 340~ HP at the wheels, Machs are 275~. So the power at the wheels is not close. It is the 300 extra pounds, IRS, and different gears that make them a drivers race.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
All I'm saying is that if you give me a GTO and a Mach I'll post better times in the GTO every single time. This is in no way a flame but I have noticed a trend amongst SOME Mach owners where the "invincible" Machs never lose. As far as it being a drivers race, well, in most cases it always is unless one car is entirely superior to the other. On the street dyno numbers mean a whole lot less which is part of the reason new turbo 4 bangers can run with modded V8s. The GTO that I'm talking about is the 6.0 6 speed with intake, headers, exhaust, some kind of engine management(no idea what, I'm clueless on GM),aftermarket wheels and tires and ignition and I have never seen him lose to a Mustang, Cobras included.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
All I'm saying is that if you give me a GTO and a Mach I'll post better times in the GTO every single time. This is in no way a flame but I have noticed a trend amongst SOME Mach owners where the "invincible" Machs never lose. As far as it being a drivers race, well, in most cases it always is unless one car is entirely superior to the other. On the street dyno numbers mean a whole lot less which is part of the reason new turbo 4 bangers can run with modded V8s. The GTO that I'm talking about is the 6.0 6 speed with intake, headers, exhaust, some kind of engine management(no idea what, I'm clueless on GM),aftermarket wheels and tires and ignition and I have never seen him lose to a Mustang, Cobras included.

I only posted the Dynos because someone mentioned the numbers were the same, and they aren't.

Even ETs are decided by the driver (among track conditions and other things), so please don't think street racing is where driver mod only comes into play.

As for that particular GTO, he is putting down some nice numbers with with a CAI, full exhaust and TQmgt tweaking. So more power to him. Him never losing doesn't really proove anything. What is his 60's, ETs, and Trap Speed? And what are the 'tires' you refer too?

I posted a thread in smackdown asking for links to the "invincible" mach owners, and no one could give me one. I only bring it up, because I seriously would like to know how this "rep" has been so widely mentioned.

Please, don't get me wrong. I personally like the GTO's. I like the body style. I am only disappointed with the fact that GM stuck a 400HP motor into a 3700+ pound car, and it only turns high 12s at best. Heck, there aren't many Stangs that can hang with DocGto in here. But Doc puts up some very nice track numbers and can drive the hell out of his '04.

Mach 1 Mania

Established Member
"invincible" Machs never lose.
:lol:

Sounds more like a LS1 complex to me :loser:

Thats good. Anyway, When I went to buy my car I drove them both. I read everything there was to read about them both. Hell my screen name is from the article MM&FF did on the shootout of the Mach and GTO when they first came out. :read:

I know I made the right choice.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Mach 1 Mania said:
:lol:

Sounds more like a LS1 complex to me :loser:

Thats good. Anyway, When I went to buy my car I drove them both. I read everything there was to read about them both. Hell my screen name is from the article MM&FF did on the shootout of the Mach and GTO when they first came out. :read:

I know I made the right choice.

Hell no, I have never owned a GM product. Not saying I wouldn't I'm just not really brand faithful, I buy what works best for me regardless of who makes it. As far as the tires I believe they're Nitto DRs but I'm not positive. I'm pretty damn impressed with the thing personally, lowered black GTO on black wheels looks pretty damn good.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
I have a lame old 260hp GT and I was down ONE carlength at 100mph. This was from a dig, 2001 GT auto - 80K miles vs. an 06 GTO auto - not many miles. I have witnesses. And that was with me spinning. I was very proud of Ole' Bessy. :D (note to doubters - He was definately pulling me at 100.) :beer:

Last edited:

Jester

-------------
Established Member
Tonight at Houston Raceway Park a blue '05 GTO automatic raced my brother's '05 GT M5. The GTO guy said his car put down 330 to the rear wheels stock with a tune only. Both cars were on drag radials and the GTO lost: 12.88/13.50. He was nice and complimented both of our Mustangs but he was a little disappointed with his performance...

He didn't want any of the Mach I guess...

ptim

Established Member
frankin said:
hmmmm. According to this http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp?seo=ov_gto and what I have heard and read...The GTO puts out 400hp.
I would like to see this on video. I don't care for the GTO, but I still think it can spank a Mach 1. Maybe it was an inexperienced driver.

I had my mach on the dyno about 2 weeks ago, there was a 05 GTO (324 on the dyno) and a 06 GTO (342 on the dyno), all rear wheel.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Jester said:
Tonight at Houston Raceway Park a blue '05 GTO automatic raced my brother's '05 GT M5. The GTO guy said his car put down 330 to the rear wheels stock with a tune only. Both cars were on drag radials and the GTO lost: 12.88/13.50. He was nice and complimented both of our Mustangs but he was a little disappointed with his performance...

He didn't want any of the Mach I guess...

WOW!!! That guy really sucks at life then. I have slips from that GTO when it was bone stock on street tires running 13.5s. I'll get them.

Users who are viewing this thread