Mach 1 vs M3

S8ER01Z

Established Member
According to the BMW guys most E46 M3s make around 275rwhp stock. FWIW Of course I'm sure you will find the die hards that claim they all run 12s and all put down 300rwhp... every group of owners has those guys.

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Because its not the same class of car :bash:...ppl like you crack me up

We're comparing them head to head aren't we? People like you crack me up :burn: yeah, let's put BMW's performance model up against Ford's regular GT. you and all the Beemer lovers probably wanted them to make the Boss/M3 test not count for some dumb excuse like that. Nice try.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
We're comparing them head to head aren't we? People like you crack me up :burn: yeah, let's put BMW's performance model up against Ford's regular GT. you and all the Beemer lovers probably wanted them to make the Boss/M3 test not count for some dumb excuse like that. Nice try.

Lol..I love that ppl like you get so worked up about the M3 losing, just shows what a great job the ///M division have done over the years.

You are comparing the performance per dollar card and that is not what the ///M cars are about. They are not based on performance alone like the SVT brand is because they are two different class cars. I give credit where it is do and saying the new GT and Boss are amazing performing cars for the money but it is still no comparision to the overall balance of an M3. You cant say just because the GT500 and M3 are both 60k cars that they should automatically be in the same class. By your logic a 458 italia and bently couple should be compared because they are in the same price range, which is pretty moronic logic.

Ppl looking for the performance of an M3 will buy a boss and see it as they are getting the same care but at a bargain while ppl looking for an M3 understand they are getting more than performance per dollar numbers.

So to you dumb statement saying bmw fans didnt want the boss/M3 test to count is far from the truth and I cant wait to get my hands on a boss :beer:

kaz109

Established Member
According to the BMW guys most E46 M3s make around 275rwhp stock. FWIW Of course I'm sure you will find the die hards that claim they all run 12s and all put down 300rwhp... every group of owners has those guys.

This is correct...no stock E40 is putting down 300whp. 270-280whp is a fair number.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Lol..I love that ppl like you get so worked up about the M3 losing, just shows what a great job the ///M division have done over the years.

You are comparing the performance per dollar card and that is not what the ///M cars are about. They are not based on performance alone like the SVT brand is because they are two different class cars. I give credit where it is do and saying the new GT and Boss are amazing performing cars for the money but it is still no comparision to the overall balance of an M3. You cant say just because the GT500 and M3 are both 60k cars that they should automatically be in the same class. By your logic a 458 italia and bently couple should be compared because they are in the same price range, which is pretty moronic logic.

Ppl looking for the performance of an M3 will buy a boss and see it as they are getting the same care but at a bargain while ppl looking for an M3 understand they are getting more than performance per dollar numbers.

So to you dumb statement saying bmw fans didnt want the boss/M3 test to count is far from the truth and I cant wait to get my hands on a boss :beer:

You're way off. A Boss and an M3 ARE BOTH performance cars. A Bentley and a Ferrari are the same price but the Bentley is not performance based like an M3 LOL. Nice try though. If the M and Boss werent in the same class why did they compare the two? You better call up all the magazines and tell them they cant compare the two because one is a performance coupe built for the track and the other is...oh, wait. Man, you are lost. Please dont attempt any more analogies. I only care that the Boss beat the M3 because of the reaction from all the BMW peeps who thought it could never be done.
***Announcement to all M3s- you are a luxury sedan, like a Bently. Do not race on the track against a Boss 302. You two cannot be compared. That is all *** worked up? Can't you tell I'm having a field day!

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

Wait, are you saying an M3 is more balanced than a boss? Because this is not the case.....

kaz109

Established Member
You're way off. A Boss and an M3 ARE BOTH performance cars. A Bentley and a Ferrari are the same price but the Bentley is not performance based like an M3 LOL. Nice try though. If the M and Boss werent in the same class why did they compare the two? You better call up all the magazines and tell them they cant compare the two because one is a performance coupe built for the track and the other is...oh, wait. Man, you are lost. Please dont attempt any more analogies. I only care that the Boss beat the M3 because of the reaction from all the BMW peeps who thought it could never be done.

Magazine compare cars that aren't in the same class all the time man. They comapred them because the power plant is close to the same and on paper the numbers were close. They didn't compare the overall car in terms of comfort , luxury , built quality etc etc...it was based on performance which the boss won so like I said I give credit to the performance of the boss but it still isn't even close to the complete car the M3 is. Do you know why? Because it is a performance only based car was as the M3 isn't. My same anology can be used as putting a ford GT against a Maserati GT...

Ford did a great job with the boss and I love it but it is not on the same level as the M3 as a whole and given the price and the different class its in it shouldn't be. Both companies have done a great job in the class their cars are in . And since you may not get what "class" meaning I am saying boss vs the camaro and challenger and M3 vs C63 and RS5

kaz109

Established Member
Wait, are you saying an M3 is more balanced than a boss? Because this is not the case.....

Yes that is what I am saying an is the case. The boss is faster on the track but M3 has for more luxury and comfort features . The quality and detail on the M3 is far superior . I am speaking from the point of view of somebody who has driven both.

kaz109

Established Member
Xsellr8 I like the edit you did on your last post. If that is what you got from my post than reading comprehension is much worse than I thought

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Yes that is what I am saying an is the case. The boss is faster on the track but M3 has for more luxury and comfort features . The quality and detail on the M3 is far superior . I am speaking from the point of view of somebody who has driven both.

Psssst- we're in the road kill section. That's why we are comparing performance, not luxury features. Magazines compare cars that are similar, which is EXACTLY what we're doing in this section. Talking about the cars we've run that are similar. Now you're pulling the "well, mines a luxury car so it doesn't count card." You're way off. That's why a magazine would compare the two- because they are similar. On one hand you say these cars can be compared to each other because they are similar, but then contradict yourself and say they shouldn't be compared because one is more luxury based. Dude, the M3 was designed for the track, so was the Boss. One has a sun roof- I guess we can't compare them anymore

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Xsellr8 I like the edit you did on your last post. If that is what you got from my post than reading comprehension is much worse than I thought

Which part? I'm editing grammar. I never changed what I said. How is you're comprehension?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ahahah soo true :beer: The dyno I originally saw it was from a German? mag that dynoed the E92 M3, 335i and E46 M3 which was spot on for the first 2 cars. Thats how I got the 300-ish whp for the E46.

As for M3 not being in the same class as the Boss. I would say it is but its not, the track package GT would be better suited against the M3. The M3 while technically a track car is still more of a luxury first. If they re-made a CSL type of M3 or made the M3 GTS a bigger production car, I wouldve put it against the Boss. Price difference are huge on both but they're both for two different types of crowds. The Boss is probably the best bang for buck track car PERIOD. The M3 is the best bang for buck for a LUXO track car. See the difference? The M3 is the better car overall over the Boss but that comes with a price.

kaz109

Established Member
Ahahah soo true :beer: The dyno I originally saw it was from a German? mag that dynoed the E92 M3, 335i and E46 M3 which was spot on for the first 2 cars. Thats how I got the 300-ish whp for the E46.

As for M3 not being in the same class as the Boss. I would say it is but its not, the track package GT would be better suited against the M3. The M3 while technically a track car is still more of a luxury first. If they re-made a CSL type of M3 or made the M3 GTS a bigger production car, I wouldve put it against the Boss. Price difference are huge on both but they're both for two different types of crowds. The Boss is probably the best bang for buck track car PERIOD. The M3 is the best bang for buck for a LUXO track car. See the difference? The M3 is the better car overall over the Boss but that comes with a price.

I 100% agree....I never knocked the boss just saying the M3 is still a luxury car vs the boss which is a performance only car. The two aren't in the same league. M3 doesn't cut luxury for performance or cost but the same can't be said for a boss . Now if u wanna compare the boss 302 vs a E92 M3 GTS than yes that is more apples to apples as that M3 is not about luxury and is track only orentinted like the 302 LS .

I just quoted blue snake because I agree with his post but the response is meant for xsellr

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

Well said. I'll add, if I may, that the Boss legua seca would be more of a CSL contender. I think because of the price diff an M3 and a regular 302 is fair. They are different but the same, but it would only be fair to use a Boss since the M3 is more expensive and comes from the M [performance] line. I'd say a 3 series vs GT, Boss vs M3. Just my opinion. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that a Boss is a Ferrari and a M3 is a Bently so they can't be compared. Next time I race an M3 I'll pull over and let him know its ok, he still had higher quality leather and a sun roof. I thought it was a good match up due to engine layout and HP, but I guess I shouldn't pick on them.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I 100% agree....I never knocked the boss just saying the M3 is still a luxury car vs the boss which is a performance only car. The two aren't in the same league. M3 doesn't cut luxury for performance or cost but the same can't be said for a boss . Now if u wanna compare the boss 302 vs a E92 M3 GTS than yes that is more apples to apples as that M3 is not about luxury and is track only orentinted like the 302 LS .

I just quoted blue snake because I agree with his post but the response is meant for xsellr

But you said similar cars can be compared :nonono: I know the quote was for me. It's my blood you're after :burnout:

kaz109

Established Member
Psssst- we're in the road kill section. That's why we are comparing performance, not luxury features. Magazines compare cars that are similar, which is EXACTLY what we're doing in this section. Talking about the cars we've run that are similar. Now you're pulling the "well, mines a luxury car so it doesn't count card." You're way off. That's why a magazine would compare the two- because they are similar. On one hand you say these cars can be compared to each other because they are similar, but then contradict yourself and say they shouldn't be compared because one is more luxury based. Dude, the M3 was designed for the track, so was the Boss. One has a sun roof- I guess we can't compare them anymore

This whole debate started because you made the moronic comment that the M3 would be better compared to a GT500 because they are similar in price class. Thus saying your logic is cars in the same price class are in the same class as a whole.

I said performance they car be compared and the Boss wins but as a whole the boss cant hold a torch as the M3 is a better car. Like I said your comprehension as failed you. Blue snake understands exacatly what I am saying

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

Look, here is my point I'm trying to run home. Of course these cars can be compared to each other. We all know how they are different and how they are the same= makes a good race. AND when they do line up (because it is not weird to run an M3 against a Mustang like it would be to run a Ferrari against a Bently, which proves they are comparable), the loser can't pull some excuse card. You don't race cars ONLY if they are identical- you run what ya brung. If I was posting about running a stock 90s 3 series people would laugh and say move on. The fact is it was a good race. What happens on the streets happens. People run what they feel is a good race. That is what really matters [in this section]

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
This whole debate started because you made the moronic comment that the M3 would be better compared to a GT500 because they are similar in price class. Thus saying your logic is cars in the same price class are in the same class as a whole.

I said performance they car be compared and the Boss wins but as a whole the boss cant hold a torch as the M3 is a better car. Like I said your comprehension as failed you. Blue snake understands exacatly what I am saying

First off, take a deep breath and we'll sort this out. Your hands are shaking and you're not proof reading. I couldn't really make out what you were saying with how bad you slaughtered those words.
1. I said ///M should be compared to SVT. We have been talking about the Boss vs M3, so stop the name calling.
2. The only thing I have been debating with you is that the two cars can be compared to each other and how you contradict yourself saying they can't be compared because one is more luxury, but at the same time they can be compared because they have a similar layout.

kaz109

Established Member
Look, here is my point I'm trying to run home. Of course these cars can be compared to each other. We all know how they are different and how they are the same= makes a good race. AND when they do line up (because it is not weird to run an M3 against a Mustang like it would be to run a Ferrari against a Bently, which proves they are comparable), the loser can't pull some excuse card. You don't race cars ONLY if they are identical- you run what ya brung. If I was posting about running a stock 90s 3 series people would laugh and say move on. The fact is it was a good race. What happens on the streets happens. People run what they feel is a good race. That is what really matters [in this section]

I understand its run what you brung on the street etc etc..like I said in my last post, this debate only happened because of your post that an M3 should be compared to a GT500 because they are simair in price. It was a dumb comment to make so got bated into the convo we have been have been having all day ( which is OK by me as it was a good way to waste my morning lol) but in the end I love both cars as they are two completely different types to carving a track. I would choose the boss as a track toy and M3 as a daily :beer:

kaz109

Established Member
First off, take a deep breath and we'll sort this out. Your hands are shaking and you're not proof reading. I couldn't really make out what you were saying with how bad you slaughtered those words.
1. I said ///M should be compared to SVT. We have been talking about the Boss vs M3, so stop the name calling.
2. The only thing I have been debating with you is that the two cars can be compared to each other and how you contradict yourself saying they can't be compared because one is more luxury, but at the same time they can be compared because they have a similar layout.

Lol..first off, I didn't call you any names. Second ///M is a luxury and performance brand meaning balaned between the two while svt is strictly performance so yes naturally the top svt will beat the top ///M in the perfomance category. And lastly if you would read what I said I never contradicted myself because I stated performance wise you can say one is better but that doesn't make it better as a whole. Does that makes sense to you?

You can't take a 60k gt500 and compare it to a 60k M3 because the gt500 is that price strickly because of its performance vs the M3 is because u get a balance of luxury and performance. They are no where near the same class of vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread