Mach 1 vs. SRT-4

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
Originally posted by 01SVTCobraRace
B.S. I am personally against ALL DODGE SRT-4 and people who think they are fast:rollseyes. No way should that car kept up with a Mach 1. That car has the previous cobra engine basically. It should have a redline of 6800rpms. It is true you can mod those cars but it's still a 4BANGER! No mustang should have a problem with racing them. IMO

Hey buddy. . .I hate to burst your bubble but their are other cars that arnt v8's that are fast. My best friend has an srt and It rapes my 99 with 4.10 gears. Im in no way a shitty driver, but his car is damn fast and if you dont have any respect for them thats fine but if you race him hill shove a whole bunch of respect up your A**. Just the facts

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I went to the track this past saturday and ran a SRT4 that had full exhaust, air intake and a blow off valve. and he ran a [email protected] with a 2.258 60'

also my friend was there with his 04 mach bone stock with temp tags still on it, and ran a best of 13.6 at 102

didnt read this whole tread but just thought i would add some facts to the topic.

J

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Re: Re: Mach 1 vs SRT4 at the track

Originally posted by Chris_H
What does this prove? That a modded Neon with slicks can take a stock Mach on street tires?

I think that there was that guy above that was saying its impossible for a 4 cyl to beat a V-8. This vid proves otherwise.

2007 stang

Banned
Originally posted by no_slow_svt
I went to the track this past saturday and ran a SRT4 that had full exhaust, air intake and a blow off valve. and he ran a [email protected] with a 2.258 60'

also my friend was there with his 04 mach bone stock with temp tags still on it, and ran a best of 13.6 at 102

didnt read this whole tread but just thought i would add some facts to the topic.

J

http://dodgez.com/movies/FranMan_8_91.wmv STOCK no posi with slicks

2007 stang

Banned
Re: Re: Re: Mach 1 vs SRT4 at the track

Originally posted by Codes
I think that there was that guy above that was saying its impossible for a 4 cyl to beat a V-8. This vid proves otherwise.

thanks

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
Jesus Christ guys, you are being a bunch o' a-holes. No one ever said the stock srt is the fastest street machine around. JUST A COOL VIDEO. Like when you post one of your modded cobra beating a Zo6 vette. I've driven an srt and it wasn't my cup of tea after being used to the cobra, but its only 20grand for goodness sakes. Nothing else even comes close in bang for buck ratio.
Your being a bunch of hypocrites because you praise the fact that 03-04 cobra's are relatively cheap, easy to mod, and fast as hell, yet you bag on the srt-4 which is basically what the base mustang should have been years ago.
99.9999999% cars ARE beatable, NO one brand rules the road, and you all need to take your fuggin TAMPONS out and pull up your dresses. Stupid fanboys. You bag on vette and viper owners who are arrogant about their cars. LOOK IN THE MIRROR:loser:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Mach 1 vs SRT4 at the track

Originally posted by DodgeZ
yes
Wow, well I guess its takes a rocket scientist to figure out that a modded Neon on slicks can beat a Mach 1. I don't think that was really the argument that originated here. I think the stock for stock was. Then again, there is a twin engine Hyundai Tiburon around here that runs 10's. I guess we can say a modded Tiburon on slicks can beat a stock Neon? :rolleyes:

As far as proving that a 4cyl can beat an 8 cyl to the guy that says it shouldn't happen, why even try to prove that to him? If he hasn't figured it out by now, then there is no sense in trying to convince him of it. Just let him live in his fantasy world, and we can continue to live in reality.

Chris

2007 stang

Banned
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mach 1 vs SRT4 at the track

Originally posted by Chris_H
Wow, well I guess its takes a rocket scientist to figure out that a modded Neon on slicks can beat a Mach 1. I don't think that was really the argument that originated here. I think the stock for stock was. Then again, there is a twin engine Hyundai Tiburon around here that runs 10's. I guess we can say a modded Tiburon on slicks can beat a stock Neon? :rolleyes:

As far as proving that a 4cyl can beat an 8 cyl to the guy that says it shouldn't happen, why even try to prove that to him? If he hasn't figured it out by now, then there is no sense in trying to convince him of it. Just let him live in his fantasy world, and we can continue to live in reality.

Chris

You didn’t read page 1, did you?

Sum it up

“Looks like the stang let off at the endâ€

“Nice vid. Yeah, definately looked like it let off. Mach's can sure hold their own.â€

“Not bad. Mach let off at the end for sure, no way that SRT could pull that hard after the Mach started pulling away like that.â€

“what are the mods of each car??? the srt-4 had to be pretty well modded to keep with the mach 1 like that!!!â€
“is it me or was the Mach 1 not putting the pedal to the medal...it didn't sound like he was really flooring it...like if he was shifting at 4,000 RPMs or 5,000 RPMs...we should have heard their engines way reved up no?â€

“yeah i saw that vid from srt forums that a mach 1 with 4.10 gears the guy off srt4 forums says he beat em but u can definately see the front in lung down cause he lets off cause he knows he got em beat but the srt4 guy the one who was driving knows he got beatâ€

That’s what I am replying to. The first post was modded to modded. Stock for Stock I’ll go with the Mach 1, but that may not matter it is so close it’s all in the driver. The video shows an SRT with some cheap mods can run pretty strong and give one of the higher end Stang a run for their money. You to are a rocket scientist so I am sure I just pointed out the obvious to you.
The Stang may have had some mods also, something was done to his exhaust maybe more? As far as the paper tag that doesn’t mean it wasn’t modded (I am not saying it was so don’t get mad). I made my car drop a second in half a day. Exhaust, computer chip, and adjustable wastegate. Went from a 8.9 @79mph to a 8.3 @ 84mph. That’s about 500 bucks in the mods. I could have done that when it had a paper tag.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by MikeDoom
Jesus Christ guys, you are being a bunch o' a-holes. No one ever said the stock srt is the fastest street machine around. JUST A COOL VIDEO. Like when you post one of your modded cobra beating a Zo6 vette. I've driven an srt and it wasn't my cup of tea after being used to the cobra, but its only 20grand for goodness sakes. Nothing else even comes close in bang for buck ratio.
Your being a bunch of hypocrites because you praise the fact that 03-04 cobra's are relatively cheap, easy to mod, and fast as hell, yet you bag on the srt-4 which is basically what the base mustang should have been years ago.
99.9999999% cars ARE beatable, NO one brand rules the road, and you all need to take your fuggin TAMPONS out and pull up your dresses. Stupid fanboys. You bag on vette and viper owners who are arrogant about their cars. LOOK IN THE MIRROR:loser:

Wow, this is exactly what I have been saying for a while. People on this board are some of the most close minded people I have evern encountered, if its not a Cobra its not fast and shouldnt even bother being mentioned. I hate that mentality and it has pissed me off numerous times since I have been on the board, but I have usually held my tounge because trying to talk to those people is usually pointless.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I think the only thing I am closed minded about is the SRT-4. I will give it to them on the modability, and the speed they are getting with a 4cyl. I just don't like Dodge to begin with because of personal experiences. Its a Neon, and thats how I see it. Dodge IMO needs to come up with better ideas than they have recently. A Viper engine in a truck was done before that. Come up with a new engine for truck or just modify the existing motor it already has. The SRT-4 engine could have been used in a new car, or a better car they already have on the market. Its honetsly hard to take a 4 door Neon seriously. Now the new SRT-6 I think they did right. They took the existing car and worked over the engine, and its a decent looking car, and its 2 doors. Yes they did the same thing to the motor on the Neon, but again, its a Neon.

As far as other cars: Love the looks of the SS when it was around, and the WS6's. Sweet looking cars. Vette's, love the looks of them, not sure if I would own one unless it was the Z06. Love the STi's except for the ugly wing on it. Wouldn't mind having one as a 3rd vehicle. Evo's, I saw my first one the other day. Hate the spoiler, and hate the hood. At least put some kind of scoop over the vents.

What I love is the comparison of stock cars to modded cars. Thats where I start to become close minded. If people want to comapre cars, comapre them stock. If you want to know how a modded car runs to a stock car, and then brag because you beat the crap out of it, then so be it. There is always somebody faster. Yes its nice to see how you compare to a car that is known for being fast. I don't know, maybe this is all rambling and none of it makes sense.

I love cars and speed. If something is fast, great, doesn't mean I have to like it. Everybody has their own opinion, and it usually doesn't agree with others around them. Thats why there are so many different cars on the street. I will just always be closed minded to a Neon and to Dodge in general..

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread