Mach 1 vs. SRT-4

99SVTcobraVERT

the picture of it in the garage just shows it out of the sun this time lol. im not saying your car isnt cool, by all means it is. im not even REALLY doubting that you have a 94 viper, its entirely possible. but im saying i doubt the 2000 mile thing. just admit it or take a picture of your viper's mileage with a note next to it that says "svtperformance rules" and that will be the end of it

99SVTcobraVERT

2105Picture_026-med.jpg

sratch the post above, i dont need you to take a picture now. this picture def doesnt scream 2000 miles. look at the front tires that CANT be rotated...

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
lol well i guess u haventt driven it much cause those get about 8mpg...... i think their kinda cool looking but not worth it expecially since the power to engine size ratio sucks. 8L V10 400HP 465lbs torque is the specs on a 94 Viper. thats not much more then a 2003 Cobra and there's like a $20K differenceinf price and a corba gets like 15 more mpg. so a corba is better " bang for buck" car

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
Well no shit it's not the same as a GT, never said it was. I'm saying I want to do a comparison, win, lose or draw I don't care just asked someone to speak up. And stop magazine racing, I'm wanting to run a real world MACH1 and driver against my real world SRT-4 with me driving.

And you will lose, sorry.
And the you killing your buddies 03GT is just a driver's issue.
03SRT-4's dyno 215Hp 245tq, yea there lighter, but , if your 'Killing" your buddies GT, he cant drive or its a auto with a nice stereo.
Go to SRT-4 forums, there's a nice video or 2 of stock vs stock GT an SRT-4's.
It is a great car, but you guys think your the shit, it is sad really.
As far as the import scene goes, Dodge did what they wanted, made a cheap 4 banger that owns them all dollar for dollar.
Why dont you guys want to race blown/turbo'd V8's?
Oh, i know, because you lose.
Money is a ricer excuse argument as well. To that though, my buddy bought a 03SRT-4, same time as i bought my 03GT, both brand new, me 19k, him, 23k.........hm.............
So, with the 'money' issue, him 23k, me 19k, i can get a blower an install for 4k, which brings my sad slow GT to 23k, and 400hp give or take...........anywho.........have fun losing to a Mach1, and watch some vids at the worst site ever, SRT-4.com......have a nice day...........:loser:

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
Originally posted by 98 CobraSVT
I raced an '03 Mach1 2 nights ago. From a dead stop I beat him pretty bad. About a 20 roll I pulled about a Semi+trailer on him at about 120mph.

:??: :??: :??:

Definately calling bs from this alone. UNless the mach is auto, and your are farily well modded, this would definately not be true. last I saw sub-03 cobras at the track, they were low 14, high 13. If I'm not mistaken, I actually ran a 01 at the track, beat him pretty handilly. Afterwards he asked what my best so far was, which was 13.5. He responded with, "man, I can't break 13.7, I thought these cars were basically the same." Now, an 01 IS more advanced than a 98, correct? Maybe I'm not up to snuff on my cobra knowledge, but I think your story just got blown to pieces..
:loser: :lol: :burn:

kilroy

Powered by Ford/FRPP/ATS
Established Member
Originally posted by Shmirgin44
This is a timeslip I got today w/ my POS i4 FWD ricer. It cost me $19,500 new and I have put $1500 into it incl. the DR's I used at the track. What do you think about that? :kaboom:
~edit pic too frikkin big

I say you should have a few buddies hold yer SRT-4 in place while doing the burnout. Get yer 60' down a bit more :beer: Nice run!

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by greekss
its the pic i took, the tires r the same ones from factory

if hose tires are 11 years old originals from the factory buy new ones dude its bad alone to have a car set in the garage most of its life but tired will dry rot in about 5 years. so u should get some new tires unless u want tred seperation and either total the car or do some fender damage

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
i just read about 7 pages into this trying to learn about SRT-4's cuz ive heard they got some balls, i know they are underestimated hp from the factory and all, but what i got was the biggest waste of time

lets keep the srt-4's against the other 4cyl turbos (evo, sti)

and 1 more thing do you ever hear a mustang owner complain and say your car weighs 600 pounds less then mine...stop complaining about only having four cylinders (to the ricers, not the SRT KIDS on this board)

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Ok this is how it goes plain and simple. I have a 99GT with 70,000 miles on it. When i first heard about the srt4 i didnt think much of it becuase i have raced a few 1.8t GTI's with their stock turbos maxed and havent lost yet so i figured another turboed four banger wouldnt be too much for me to handle from the factory as long as it was just bolt ons. Well the first time i saw one run a 13.9 i knew they were strong runners. The 04's are much better than the 03's but both are pretty qucik. My friend has a red 04 and with an open down pipe. From a 40mph roll i hold him down low but once we get up in the rpms he starts pulling, by the time i hit the top of 3rd he has 2 to 2 1/2 cars on me, im stock. Any car that can run high 13's for 19 grand is great. When my car came out in 99 running 14.0's it was the best buy, especially since i got mine for 19 new, but now technology has caught up. My friends 04 srt4 is very fun to ride in and pulls pretty damn good and the blow off valve suprises the unaware. However i love my gt and with boltons gt's can run low to mid 13's as well. And soon i will have bassani x-pipe catback and 4.10's(installed friday hopefully) and froma stop i should be able to take him. When we race from a stop as long as i hook witht he nittos he doesnt have enough to catch me to 100 or so. They are great little cars and hopefully soon i will be able to bolt on a vortech and not have to worry about the majority of them, but they should be respected for what they are, they are the 03 cobra of sport compacts. I saw a red one the other day with black wheels and full bolt on borla exhaust and it sounded awsome, he pulled my friends srt hard from a roll by like 3 or 4 cars so im guessing hes running almost high 12's with bolt ons. still like my mustang though, let the mods begin:rockon:

2007 stang

Banned
I this is the stats, I don't know if this has been posted but here goes:

We always have a large group of friends that hang out on Saturday nights and go race each other. I was trying to get a stock Mach1 to race me but he had to leave. I ended up running a different one. Here are the mods for each car.

Mach1: 4.10 gears, TriX shifter, X pipe.
Me: Intake,Boost Controller,Downpipe,Stage 1 ECU

I knew that 4.10 gears really wake up those 4.6's so I wasnt sure how the outcome would be. Because of his gears he wanted to go from a 40mph roll which put us both in 2nd gear. You'll notice he pulls almost a car on me in fourth but because of his gears he has to shift into fifth. That's when you see me go by. We both let out after that.

Enjoy!

PLEASE RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS
http://www.bobpiesz.com/videos/04srt_vs_04mach1.wmv

05/07/04 [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread