Mach 1 vs ZX10r

Chances50

Established Member
On my way home today from a local get together I came up on a 07 zx10r (I wasn't aware of the size of the bike until we stopped to talk) I was running 70ish so I drop mine in 4th and I hear him down shift 3 honks and we are off I jump him instantly and pull him buly about a half length by 130 where I run out of gear, we ran again with the same out come then a 3rd time from a 60 I left mine in 4th which gave him a jump and I couldn't pull past him by 130. We pulled over at a store and talked and he was a real cool guy couldn't believe he got out run by a Car.lol

I don't know what my power numbers are since I'm now making 16-17lbs of boost on e85 with 10.5 compression. I just got my car going today and haven't even retuned for the added boost.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
WHOA, good chit bro. Where do you think you're at as far as power numbers since you added boost? just an estimate

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
At 60 that bike should have been in first gear, if he knew how to ride this story would be non existing . Good kill either way

mr-proper

Established Member
zx10r runs the 1/4mile with just a slip on exhaust! sorry bro but half of the riders in the US cant ride a bike! ,not gonna happen you pull on that bike with 600hp! he just sucked!,:poke:

1/4 Mile ET: 9.283
1/4 Mile MPH: 149.810

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
My first time at the track on my 05 10r I went 10.3@147 just a slip on and power commander. With stock gearing a zx10 will hit 104 in first gear, ask me how I know

Chances50

Established Member
Not saying that's what shoulda happened, just saying this is what happened.

I know he SHOULD have pulled but he didn't. Blame it on rider all you want but I went home with a 2 wins, don't worry I don't expect this to be the outcome every time.

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
No doubt, a wins a win doesn't matter how it happens. Just saying how pathetic you made him look.... A 600 whp mustang will have a hard time with new 600's let alone a zx10

16kOrBust

Established Member
Nice kills, man. The rider may have sucked horribly but like you said, it doesn't really matter because he went for it and he got beat. If he can't ride, that's not your problem. :beer:

Gladiator500

Established Member
Lol I remember racing a ZX10 with my 640rwhp c6 z06 and him walking me pretty easily every time. This guy could ride though and was very well known in the street racing world. My same C6 Z06 (without the nitrous so around 550rwhp) was neck and neck with a R6 until around 120mph where I would walk away from him.

It takes a ton of power to overcome a bike. It's cool that you were able to catch him off guard and stay ahead of him though.

Chances50

Established Member
Ran a GSXR 600 lastnight, 200ishlb rider with his girl freind on back. (for the record I was trying to run his solo buddy)

60-130 I was in 3rd I jumped him on the hit and steadily pulled to a 2 car lead. Went to go again and a boost pipe blew off on the 3-4 shift but was well on my way to the same ending as before.

Riders in my area either suck or my car is faster than I think.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Hey, a win is a win, no matter what the reasons or excuses are. While a properly ridden ZX-10R would have given the OP the "dropped bar of soap" treatment in prison, the OP was the better driver/rider on this occasion, so he took the win! Good kill, OP! Furthermore, anything can happen on the street. Stranger things have happened...

Chances50

Established Member
LMAO!

I think the biggest issue with the bikes I'm running is they are expecting mine to be "another mustang" so they don't drop to the gear they "should" be in. Of course where I'm from a high powered car isn't something you see very often.

mattstang85

Established Member
LMAO!

I think the biggest issue with the bikes I'm running is they are expecting mine to be "another mustang" so they don't drop to the gear they "should" be in. Of course where I'm from a high powered car isn't something you see very often.

Ill run you on my bus chance. You might need to give me back tire though... lol

This is matt from okdhm that bought your old switch panel

Chances50

Established Member
Ill run you on my bus chance. You might need to give me back tire though... lol

This is matt from okdhm that bought your old switch panel

id like to keep my winning streak.lol

A good rider that knows what my car is will walk me hard and make me like it, but these flat bill flip flop punks on the 600's are good entertainment for me.

Last edited:

mattstang85

Established Member
id like to keep my winning streak.lol

A good rider that knows what my car is will walk me hard and make me like it, but these flat bill flip flop punks on the 600's are good entertainment for me.

I hear ya lol. I'm stuck around laredo for a while anyway.

That was one of the most fun things about my 600, everyone thought they could walk it.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
No doubt, a wins a win doesn't matter how it happens. Just saying how pathetic you made him look.... A 600 whp mustang will have a hard time with new 600's let alone a zx10

I disagree. I race bikes more then I do cars. My car makes 625hp and will destroy 600s walk 750s and put a car or two on almost every 1000 that has minor bolt ons. Its all how the car is set up. All my friends ride and so do I. We all have been to the track tons of times and they all know how to ride really well and I still smoke them and everyone else. So I believe this story. Congrats on the kill.

*** but if it was a 2013 zx10r I think he didn't know how to ride cause those bikes are insane off the factory floor

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
I disagree. I race bikes more then I do cars. My car makes 625hp and will destroy 600s walk 750s and put a car or two on almost every 1000 that has minor bolt ons. Its all how the car is set up. All my friends ride and so do I. We all have been to the track tons of times and they all know how to ride really well and I still smoke them and everyone else. So I believe this story. Congrats on the kill.

*** but if it was a 2013 zx10r I think he didn't know how to ride cause those bikes are insane off the factory floor

How much does your car weigh? I don't care how it's setup, a stockish weight 03/04 blown T56 Cobra making a legit 625 rwhp (SAE Dynojet numbers) is going to get murdered 10 ways to Sunday by a well-ridden, bolt-on 1000.

Unless your car is somehow magic and running mid-9's or quicker at close to 150 mph. I've run enough 600 rwhp Cobras on my bone stock 600 to know that unless we're talking a super lightweight car and/or strong turbo automatic setup, or maybe dyno numbers from a VERY low-reading dyno, there's no way a 625 rwhp Cobra is gonna be anywhere near a bolt-on liter bike if the rider has a clue.

What type of dyno are your numbers from and what's the correction factor? What are your track numbers?

Also keep in mind, a "well setup" car to you may not be what 95% of the Cobra owners out there have in mind for their street cars, the same way 95% of the riders out there don't have a clue about how to get the most out of their bikes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread