Mach 1 vs ZX10r

Sticks n Stones

Goat Rider
Established Member
Chi-town huh? That happen to be Chinatown in Seattle? I can meet you anywhere in Puget Sound you would like to get that race. I'm a heavy weight at 380lbs, so it should be no problem right? PM me a time and place, or we can use my groups "Seattle Spot" to run. Dig, 60 roll, 120 roll, whatever you want.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Chi-town huh? That happen to be Chinatown in Seattle? I can meet you anywhere in Puget Sound you would like to get that race. I'm a heavy weight at 380lbs, so it should be no problem right? PM me a time and place, or we can use my groups "Seattle Spot" to run. Dig, 60 roll, 120 roll, whatever you want.

chicago

Chances50

Established Member
From what years do these bikes run that you raced OP? Some Older 2000's are a lot slower than newer ones, some by a second or more in the 1320.
And some makes are slower than others as well. I'm sure most of the riders posting here would agree on that at least.

I know the ZX10 was an 07 but the gsxr 600 I'm not sure if I had to guess I'd say 05-06 because it looked like my buddys old gsxr.

I'll try to get the next one on vid. These have all been random spur of the moment runs or else I'd have vids of them too.

16kOrBust

Established Member
This was Saturday on 18s lifting the tire 6". Waiting for video cause track photographer didn't get the wheel off pic. But yes clearly u see the car working on 18's with a Toyo r888 imagine what it does on my drag wheel set up ;-)

180e9e2e-6ba0-9a9d.jpg

Well what did you run? If you were lifting the tires 6" off the ground, it was clearly hooking up.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Out in the garage fixing a hickup with the car and got it straightened out and went for a quick ride.

I'll wait till another member chimes in that was just with me we just had a run in with a full bolt on 08' Gixxer 600. Kicking myself in the ass for not bringing a camera, but I'll let him tell his side of the story since know one believes me.

I won't say current times as I grudge race the car occasionally

Last edited:

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Oh hi. I stopped by chads house qwik01 while he was finishing up his car and he took me for a quick ride. We were just cruising and a Gixxer 600 bolt ons, power commander gears ect pulls up revving at us and we caught the next light. First gear took off like we would from a stop sign no launch and the bike was launching on us. The bike jumped out in front of us and when we got into boost game over. Halfway though second we pulled away on him hard and by the time we shut down at 120ish we had at least 6 or more car lengths on him and the guy slowed down and said "holy shit that thing is fast" was definitely something I have never seen or believed from a street car. Very cool to say the least. I know it's not a 1000 but it really put things into perspective how well his car works. I understand there's always shit faster but chads car is a beast to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Lol "slow ass KB cobra?" walking modded liter bikes? LOL What the **** do you have done to your car that lifts the front wheels up 6" on street tires? I honestly think you're full of shit.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Lol "slow ass KB cobra?" walking modded liter bikes? LOL What the **** do you have done to your car that lifts the front wheels up 6" on street tires? I honestly think you're full of shit.

Yes 99 out of 100 kb cobra STREET CARS I have seen go 11s all day. That's sad for a 600 hp car in my opinion.

As do tons of people. Seeing is believing. I witnessed a lot of street cars pulling the wheels on a good drag radial. That's old news. U gotta get out more.

Really wishing u would have video taped that run Doug

Last edited:

TERMINATED97

Established Member
I wish I would have too. It was a fun time. Dude was definitely surprised. Along with the traffic behind us lol

Sent from my iPhone

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
I think I'm done here. Lol maybe I'll get that video soon. Until then I look like an idiot lmao

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Alright I have a race set up with a heavily modded stretched R1 tomorrow night. I'll see what I can do about a vid. He should beat me tho, he runs mid 9s. well see how it works on the street

16kOrBust

Established Member
Oh hi. I stopped by chads house qwik01 while he was finishing up his car and he took me for a quick ride. We were just cruising and a Gixxer 600 bolt ons, power commander gears ect pulls up revving at us and we caught the next light. First gear took off like we would from a stop sign no launch and the bike was launching on us. The bike jumped out in front of us and when we got into boost game over. Halfway though second we pulled away on him hard and by the time we shut down at 120ish we had at least 6 or more car lengths on him and the guy slowed down and said "holy shit that thing is fast" was definitely something I have never seen or believed from a street car. Very cool to say the least. I know it's not a 1000 but it really put things into perspective how well his car works. I understand there's always shit faster but chads car is a beast to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone

So a modded, sprocketed GSXR 600 launched on you but you didn't launch the car at all, just pulled away like you would from a stop sign....and when you decided to get on it, you still put 6+ cars on him to only 120 mph?

Clearly this guy knew how to ride and was going all out. :lol:

qwik01cobra, PM me your track numbers. I don't live anywhere near Chicago, I don't know anyone who races out there, and I won't post them up. Just curious. :beer:

I don't doubt your car is very fast for the power it makes and takes out plenty of bikes, but what I ALWAYS doubt is the skill of the riders. I've seen too many "experienced" riders who have been racing for a while - both road course and drags - make fools of themselves at the drag strip and on the street. Consistency is tough thing on bikes, even for experienced riders.

And again, there's a big difference between a regular street car like the ones originally discussed in the thread vs a car like yours that has significant weight reduction (and lighter than an 03/04 to begin with), drag wheel/tire setups, etc. Plus I noticed your "625 hp" was still climbing a VERY steep hill on the graph when you let out. I wouldn't be surprised if you're making a significant amount more than that. All these little things add up when comparing one car vs another. That's just my personal take on it. We all have our own experiences.

EDIT: and another note is that the original OP was talking about roll racing that bike. From what I gather, you run all these bikes from a dig. Quite a difference there.

Last edited:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
So a modded, sprocketed GSXR 600 launched on you but you didn't launch the car at all, just pulled away like you would from a stop sign....and when you decided to get on it, you still put 6+ cars on him to only 120 mph?

Clearly this guy knew how to ride and was going all out. :lol:

qwik01cobra, PM me your track numbers. I don't live anywhere near Chicago, I don't know anyone who races out there, and I won't post them up. Just curious. :beer:

I don't doubt your car is very fast for the power it makes and takes out plenty of bikes, but what I ALWAYS doubt is the skill of the riders. I've seen too many "experienced" riders who have been racing for a while - both road course and drags - make fools of themselves at the drag strip and on the street. Consistency is tough thing on bikes, even for experienced riders.

And again, there's a big difference between a regular street car like the ones originally discussed in the thread vs a car like yours that has significant weight reduction (and lighter than an 03/04 to begin with), drag wheel/tire setups, etc. Plus I noticed your "625 hp" was still climbing a VERY steep hill on the graph when you let out. I wouldn't be surprised if you're making a significant amount more than that. All these little things add up when comparing one car vs another. That's just my personal take on it. We all have our own experiences.

EDIT: and another note is that the original OP was talking about roll racing that bike. From what I gather, you run all these bikes from a dig. Quite a difference there.

Well said.

And yes I run them all from a dig where my car shines with 4.10s. My car goes through the traps almost at the rev limiter in 4th in the mid 130s.

That's the biggest thing like u said tho. That bikes are not consistent especially on the street and that's why I usually always win. I never once said that a well ridden 1000 with the right mods wouldn't beat me I'm just saying theyre few and far

Also with my graph climbing the way it did. I wouldn't doubt if the car doesn't make 650-660 at 7200rpm. It made 624.9 @ 6800 rpm @ 15 psi and at 7200 rpm it makes 17 psi. Also the car makes 21hp per lb of boost.

Last edited:

burnzilla

Established Member
No doubt, a wins a win doesn't matter how it happens. Just saying how pathetic you made him look.... A 600 whp mustang will have a hard time with new 600's let alone a zx10

Yep sorry, but this one is a little silly.
A 700whp Mustang would get sloshed by a properly driven ZX10R.

Nothing against you OP, nice whip ya go thur.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, well everyone has different experiences BUT, I have ridden for years and I would take a properly ridden 1000 over a 600hp Cobra 9 out of 10 times (keep in mind I've had both) Just to give an example of how fast a newer 1000 is. I raced an 07 GSXR 1K in my 99 FRC with 750whp. Me and a passenger in the car (probably 350-360lbs between us) and I still had the GSXR come around me at about 140. I held him off for a while then he put maybe 2 cars on me before I started reeling him in again. I was at his rear tire and going by at 170 before we let off. Newer bikes are no joke, when you have a bike bone stock trapping 140+ it's going a FAST car to beat it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread