Mach1 vs 99/01 Cobra

CY98Cobra

Established Member
32VMACH1 said:
I have to dissagree with you on the seats. Even the 03-04 Cobras with the suede leather seats say the Machs seats are more comfortable.

No offence to Mach owners, but I'd much rather have an uncomfortable Cobra seat than the Mach seat. The Mach has the ugliest seats I've ever seen in a mustang. The Cobra seats on the other hand look great and make the interior look much more classy.

But that wouldn't stop me from getting a Mach. If I were to purchase a new stang it would be a Mach. I'd take one over an 03/4 Cobra even.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
No offence to Mach owners, but I'd much rather have an uncomfortable Cobra seat than the Mach seat. The Mach has the ugliest seats I've ever seen in a mustang. The Cobra seats on the other hand look great and make the interior look much more classy.

But that wouldn't stop me from getting a Mach. If I were to purchase a new stang it would be a Mach. I'd take one over an 03/4 Cobra even.

I like my Mach 1 seats.. they don't look cheesy to me, but I'd trade for the 03/04 Cobra seats simply for the increased bolstering.

So why would you take a Mach 1 over the Terminator? I'm very happy with my Mach 1, but I'd have to take the Terminator if price wasn't an issue.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
-Mach looks much better, Terminator looks fat and heavy.
-I'd rather have N/A over FI any day of the week.
-Terminator's have many problems and seem to be built poorly.
-Terminators weight is rediculous.
-And, I don't want or need a big HP car. All it's good for is breaking parts and costing you a fortune in gas. I don't want the fastest car in town, just one that will get up and go when I want it to. The NA 4V's fit that bill perfect. Especially the Mach, with it's beautiful shaker hood and superior (compared to earlier 4V's) bolt on power.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
I wouldn't trade my 01 Cobra for a Mach I. A Cobra is a Cobra, the king of the Mustangs :rockon:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
CobraG said:
I wouldn't trade my 01 Cobra for a Mach I. A Cobra is a Cobra, the king of the Mustangs :rockon:

Typical Cobra owner ignorance. That is what makes people hate Cobra owners. It's funny that the Cobra is king but the Mach is superior to every Cobra but the 03/4.

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
why cant yall all just live in harmony?? Supposed to be hatin f-bodies ya know.

CobraG

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Typical Cobra owner ignorance. That is what makes people hate Cobra owners. It's funny that the Cobra is king but the Mach is superior to every Cobra but the 03/4.

Cobra owner ignorance, ha! I quit posting on Stangnet due to the Mach I owners ignorance, and you are showing your ignorance, Mach I is superior, um, no, I'll say even but I will not say the Mach is superior.
I still say the Cobra, but do what you want, it's your money, and the Mach I rode in wasn't overly impressive

CY98Cobra

Established Member
CobraG said:
Cobra owner ignorance, ha! I quit posting on Stangnet due to the Mach I owners ignorance, and you are showing your ignorance, Mach I is superior, um, no, I'll say even but I will not say the Mach is superior.
I still say the Cobra, but do what you want, it's your money, and the Mach I rode in wasn't overly impressive

There is no denying the Mach is quicker stock and with bolt ons. It has superior heads to the B or C heads found in the 96-01 Cobra's. Just because it says SVT Cobra on it doesn't mean it's the best.

CobraG

Established Member
Okay okay, the Mach is the best car in the world, get the Mach it cannot be beat :bowdown:

CobraG

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
OK, so who is showing ignorance now?

Thought so.

Oooohhh, wow, did you think of that all by yourself???
There is no point in arguing with Mach owners, you guys are so full of yourselves.
So to the person who started this thread, get the mack, it cannot be beat, it is the best car ever built, ever!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
CobraG said:
Oooohhh, wow, did you think of that all by yourself???
There is no point in arguing with Mach owners, you guys are so full of yourselves.
So to the person who started this thread, get the mack, it cannot be beat, it is the best car ever built, ever!

Sounds like someone is jealous. The 99-01 Cobra is a great car but the Mach has superior performance. The Cobra may be more refined due to it's IRS but performance wise the Mach is king. Hell, I have the slowest of the 4v but it doesn't bother me.

CobraG

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Sounds like someone is jealous. The 99-01 Cobra is a great car but the Mach has superior performance. The Cobra may be more refined due to it's IRS but performance wise the Mach is king. Hell, I have the slowest of the 4v but it doesn't bother me.

I know man, the Mach is the best car ever, see above, I stated that twice, not once but twice how the Mack is the best car of all time, what was I thinking by buying a Cobra :dw:
But I'm getting tired of scrolling down to the other fast ford sections, I think I'll hang out up a little higher in the Cobra section, c-ya'll

CY98Cobra

Established Member
CobraG said:
I know man, the Mach is the best car ever, see above, I stated that twice, not once but twice how the Mack is the best car of all time, what was I thinking by buying a Cobra :dw:
But I'm getting tired of scrolling down to the other fast ford sections, I think I'll hang out up a little higher in the Cobra section, c-ya'll

If you think otherwise state why, don't just say that I'm right and the Mach is better. I stated why I think the Mach is a better car, now it's your turn to do the same for the Cobra. If you can't tell me how the Cobra is better then I'm going to take it that you don't know other than the fact that it says SVT.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
CobraG said:

Prior to that remark, you say:
CobraG said:

and then:
CobraG said:
I think I'll hang out up a little higher in the Cobra section, c-ya'll

Your definitely not full of yourself. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Wow... I figured the tantrums about a "mere" Mustang edging out some SVT's were over. Guess not. :rolleyes:

QU!CK said:
The car will be my daily driver and I drive at least 70-75mi a day so gas mileage is somewhat important to me. I had an 02 GT and typically got 22-23mpg. Would this be obtainable with the Cobra or Mach1?

Thanks!

-J
You'll be able to get better mileage than that with a Mach1 5 speed thanks to it's .62 overdrive (I was averaging mid to upper 20's highway)... about the same numbers as your GT with the auto, though. Having never owned one... I can't answer for the Cobra's.

Price wise... you should be able to find some GREAT deals on 99/01 Cobras. 03/04 Machs are still going for a bit more. The performance gap between the two isn't really all that wide so I'd say the Cobra wins bang for the buck. You should be able to buy the snake and mod it nicely with what you'd probably find a Mach1 for. Up front money not a problem? Mach1 for style and performance. :beer:

Last edited:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
CobraG said:

All this shiat talk from a guy with a stock Cobra with STRAIGHT PIPES!! Talk about GHETTO!! Go ride the coat tails of the '03-'04 Cobras "up top"... :loser:

Ironhand

Banned
Gas mileage after my tune has been 26mpg or more on the highway.
Performance wise, I havent raced an 01 or older N/A Cobra and havent won.
Looks, Shaker hood. :)
P.S. Solid axles are better from a dig
But no mater what, you are still buying a FORD product and I would be happy owner either a Mach 1 or a Cobra. But I got my Mach with 5208 miles on it for less then what most 99 or 01 Cobra go for now. It's about you peference and budget.

CobraG

Established Member
HotRodK said:
All this shiat talk from a guy with a stock Cobra with STRAIGHT PIPES!! Talk about GHETTO!! Go ride the coat tails of the '03-'04 Cobras "up top"... :loser:

It's not stock assclown, learn how to read :poke: And the straight pipes sound pretty good, do a search and listen to em before you judge. After I posted a sound clip a lot of people commented on how good, yes, good they sound.
Nice neon btw

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
01 Cobra
Laser Red
JLT RAI
Straight pipes (bought it that way)

Thats straight from your signature dillhole! Why are you back here with the lowly Mach1s again? I thought you were going to stay up top with your idols, the '03 Cobras! Your such a moron. It must suck knowing a lowly Mach1 will blow your doors off!! Blow it out your ghetto straight pipes! :burn:

PS, that cute Neon will give you a hell of a run. :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread