Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kem laughed off claims by the Attorney General's Office that the Utica gun buyback program was a large success, arguing such programs do nothing to reduce crime. "I'm sure handing over $21,000 in gift cards to some punk kid after getting a bunch of plastic junk was a rousing success," Kem said. "Gun buybacks are a fantastic way of showing, number one, that your policies don't work, and, number 2, you're creating perverse demand. You're causing people to show up to these events, and, they don't actually reduce crime whatsoever."

He makes an excellent point. Specifically that buybacks do NOT reduce crime. They do, though, provide opportunities for creative individuals.

IRS will be all over him. I would have kept quiet.
Not likely. I don't know about New York, but PA makes it clear that you don't have to identify yourself. The info below is from Philadelphia's buyback program.

WHAT KINDS OF GUNS ARE ACCEPTED?

We accept working handguns, semi-automatic weapons and "ghost" guns.

WILL I BE QUESTIONED ABOUT ANY WEAPONS I BRING TO TURN IN?

No. Our gun buybacks are no questions asked. You do not need to present ID to turn in a weapon or collect a gift card.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE GUNS COLLECTED AT GUN BUYBACK EVENTS?

The weapons are immediately turned over the Philadelphia Police Department. All weapons are checked ballistically to see if any are evidence in unsolved crimes. Crime guns are retained as evidence. All other weapons are destroyed.

HOW MUCH DO THESE GUN BUYBACKS COST PHILADELPHIA TAXPAYERS?

The gifts cards distributed at these buyback events are funded by private donations, not City funds.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't trust a word uttered by any government schmuck in the city of Filthadelphia. There recently was a buy back something to do with the professional football team and what ever you received for an arm was an absolute joke.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Kem laughed off claims by the Attorney General's Office that the Utica gun buyback program was a large success, arguing such programs do nothing to reduce crime. "I'm sure handing over $21,000 in gift cards to some punk kid after getting a bunch of plastic junk was a rousing success," Kem said. "Gun buybacks are a fantastic way of showing, number one, that your policies don't work, and, number 2, you're creating perverse demand. You're causing people to show up to these events, and, they don't actually reduce crime whatsoever."

He makes an excellent point. Specifically that buybacks do NOT reduce crime. They do, though, provide opportunities for creative individuals.

Not likely. I don't know about New York, but PA makes it clear that you don't have to identify yourself. The info below is from Philadelphia's buyback program.

WHAT KINDS OF GUNS ARE ACCEPTED?

We accept working handguns, semi-automatic weapons and "ghost" guns.

WILL I BE QUESTIONED ABOUT ANY WEAPONS I BRING TO TURN IN?

No. Our gun buybacks are no questions asked. You do not need to present ID to turn in a weapon or collect a gift card.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE GUNS COLLECTED AT GUN BUYBACK EVENTS?

The weapons are immediately turned over the Philadelphia Police Department. All weapons are checked ballistically to see if any are evidence in unsolved crimes. Crime guns are retained as evidence. All other weapons are destroyed.

HOW MUCH DO THESE GUN BUYBACKS COST PHILADELPHIA TAXPAYERS?

The gifts cards distributed at these buyback events are funded by private donations, not City funds.

I’ve also seen that most of the guns are old, broken, pieces of shit

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just noticed that Houston had their second gun buy-back day yesterday. 1,208 gun were turned in. The city of Houston stated, "We believe this the largest one-day gun buyback collection, if not the largest, in U.S. history." The mayor's office broke down the total numbers of guns collected as follows: 368 revolvers, 279 semi-automatic handguns, 243 shotguns, 227 rifles and 91 semi-automatic rifles. Of more significance is the fact that more people across the country are buying guns! I wonder what percentage of those guns turned in to Houston were non-working guns and were just gotten rid of by the owners, who probably have bought new ones.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The government sells all the guns back to the cartels so that Nancy piglosi can fund her husband to buy stock in Chinese businesses

Users who are viewing this thread