Magnaflow vs. Bassani

goodquest

Established Member
Magnaflow vs. Bassani cat-back systems

I’m trying to justify the price difference between Bassani and Maganaflow Cat-back systems. Is Bassani really worth 105% more money?

I can get both the Maganaflow cat-back and x-pipe for about the same price as just the Bassani cat-back. Its my understanding that the Bassani is a little louder than Maganaflow and has 4”’ tips vs 3 1/2 tips,other than that their seems to be No difference. They both have drone at about 2000 -2200 with the Maganaflow
Having a little less.

I promise I won’t ask another question about exhaust.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
do you plan on doing just a catback or maybe x/h pipe and/or headers? i say bassani either way, you'll love it

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Bassani has horrible customer service and does not deserve anyone's business, regardless of how expensive their product might be.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
I have never had a problem with Bassani or ever had to deal with them. I have had Bassani on 2 mustangs. I'm still adding an O/R x pipe and headers to the Cobra.

04HillzGT

Established Member
Magnaflow catback for me and I love it, looks good sounds good and got a great deal on it 367 shipped to my house for my GT

goodquest

Established Member
Originally posted by 03graygt
do you plan on doing just a catback or maybe x/h pipe and/or headers? i say bassani either way, you'll love it

I have no plans to add headers, but I will get the x-pipe with cats

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Bassani is Alright by me.

I needed some new stainless steel allen screws/washers for the baffles (cat-back) and one phone call to Bassani and the hardware showed up 2-days later, no $, no questions asked...So far so good for my experiences with them.

-pete:coolman:

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I like Magnaflow sound better-- more mellow, less blatty than Bassani, and slightly quieter.

If you're getting X-pipe with cats would definitely recommend Magnaflow over Bassani as have heard far fewer problems with the quality of the convertor used on Magnaflow.

I see no reason to spend extra money on Bassani. Magnaflow quality is excellent. You can look at all the pretty girls on the Bassani web site even if you don't buy their product!

D-Cobra

Established Member
A friend of mine had both Bassani and Magnboaflow on his car. In his opinion, both are great systems. He said that his Magnaflows actually weighs more than his Bassani does. Therefore he suspects Magnaflow uses less stainless steel than Bassani.

Don't know if it's true, but it's a reference.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
From a guy who had magnapacks on last car and Borla on this car, if I had to do all over again a full Bassani setup would be on my car in a heart beat, their stuff rocks! It is expensive, but how long do you plan on having the car, and once it's on, it's on...

03DOHC

Established Member
I'm happy with my magnaflow system. Choose your exhaust by the sound you want and the money you are willing to pay. Bassani is definitely louder.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Big Magnaflow guy here......love the way it sounds when cruising at 80 mph and above. Deafening! And last week I had the rear of the car jacked up for something else, and decided to clean and polish the exhaust pipes after they make the 90 degree turn past the differential. May sound a little anal, but it actually really looked much better from the back of the car.

stevieb

Established Member
Quality wise Magnaflows it is! If youre interested I just put on a M/F catted X pipe about 500 miles ago and I dont really care for the sound for my personal taste. I was going to try to sell it locally for $500 and if the buyer wanted to, I would include installation. Im here in South San Francisco.

2004 Culebra

Established Member
I went with the Bassani... It is the Sh!t... I was considering the maganflows at first and in the end went with the better make, quality and sound...

Users who are viewing this thread