Magnum Powers users...

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Matt,

Its fairly easy to rebuild the blowers, I am sure Charles can help you out with a how-to.

Yes, but he did say it takes a special tool to change the rear bearings. Other than that it's no problem. I just hate to have to ship it there and back if there was a way I could do that myself. Wondered if anyone had done it without said tool.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I talked to them yesterday. They want $695 and all I really need is the case clearanced and I'd like new rear bearings. I already have a perfect, low mileage rotor pack with out any teflon flaking and a brand new snout so they are a bit expensive for what I need. The good news is that Charles told me clearance is not critical where I have case contact (top of case near inlet) so it is OK to do a little work there and if I take out too much a little extra clearance will not be a problem. Now I just have to figure out if I can get the rear bearings out myself or if I have to ship the blower to him for that. Anyone ever pull rear bearings out of a MP or Eaton?

Matt

mine needed a hell of alot more than clearancing. my had rotor welded chunks welded to the case.
but steig charged me $490-500 ( forget now but it was less than your quote) to have my eaton pulled apart, rotors stripped, case machined, bearings checked, everything rebuilt and painted.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I thought their quote was too high. No way I'm willing to pay the $695 they quoted me for essentially cleaning up the case, installing rear bearings and assembling it. Especially after talking to Charles who will do the same for a fraction of that.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
does anyone know what it'll take to get the MP to push you into low 11's or high 10's, can spray be used with the MP, i know some supercharger manufactures say their stuff shouldnt be because of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, this, that and whatever.

I'D WIN

Established Member
does anyone know what it'll take to get the MP to push you into low 11's or high 10's, can spray be used with the MP, i know some supercharger manufactures say their stuff shouldnt be because of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, this, that and whatever.

Doesn't take much to get into the 11s considering what you have done already. Don't get me wrong, its not a walk in the park but it can be done.

A large part of that is tuning and having the supporting mods.

Like I mentioned, I ran mid to low 11s all day long on similar mods and nitrous. Over 500 passes and never a single problem.

The MP blowers love the juice. If you decide to do both, you need to offset the juice with a lower boost combo.

oneqkgt

Established Member
hey for the high 11 second mp guys what was your 60ft and 1/8 time i think thats wear im missing it since i run a best of a 1.65 sixty foot on my et streets.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
YES! MPs work well whan sprayed. Early on there was some talk about the MP not liking spray. I run a 2.7 upper, a custom 11" lower, and a 150 shot to great times. 1.41 60' 6.46/104.4 in the 1/8th, and 10.24/129 in the 1/4er.
Jim

I'D WIN

Established Member
Yes, he can. When I used JJ, he set me up with a street tune, a race tune (boost only), and race tune for nitrous.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I'd be sure and get pumps, maybe injectors if you plan on spinning the MP hard. JJ can answer those kinds of questions really well also when he's writing your tune.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Hard to tell but the MP just came off the truck. Here is a quick picture of it from a camera phone.

Users who are viewing this thread