Magnum Powers users...

I'D WIN

Established Member
Well I tore apart my MP I got used today so I could put on a new nose cone to replace the damaged one it came with. Rotor pack looked a bit scarred up so I planned on using another perfect one I have. Sad to say almost no oil in the snout when I took it apart and looks like the rotors were doing their best to chew their way out of the top of the case. Actually it looks more like the missing metal and teflon from the rotor tips welded itself to the case. I tried cleaning it up with a razor blade like Charles told me to do, but there is too much too stuck to the case for that to work. I guess I'll be calling him up tomorrow to see what he reccommends. Anyone know if Steig ports/rebuilds MP's?

Steig does rebuild the MP's. Charles should be able to help you out as well though.

Sorry to hear you got a lemon. Unfortunately that can happen with any product. Who did you purchase it from?

On the rotor packs and case contact, that is probably partly due to a lack of air flow and increased temps. It could be from a number of things. Otherwise, I don't think I have ever heard of a MP locking up/failing like I have others.

Last edited:

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
I'd be more than happy to buy the MP but it'll have to wait till ig et back from my month long training in Cali that i leave for in a couple days. If its still for sale when i get back, which i doubt it will,then i can pick it up no problem but right now i gotta make sure the family has enough cash while i'm away, sorry. I wish though i really do.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Is that what CC's are for?

LMAO.

Not a problem brother and I am just kidding. You covered the same interests I discussed in our PM's.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
I'm already running a larger MAF housing( 95mm ) with the stock meter, full exhaust by Dynatech, ported plenum, larger intake pipe, single blade accufab TB, i've got the basic works done to it, just about everything i could by from RPMoutlet and some stuff from LFP like the electric fan and valvebody with the deep sump transpan and all kinds of gizmos, i havent upgraded the injectors yet or the fuel pumps at the same time i was planning to do the fuel rails or would that be a waste? And what stall would be good, i never understood which one would work for me and why?

I'D WIN

Established Member
Fuel rails are good for 750+ HP. There are several 9 second trucks on the stock fuel rails.

Once you start upgrading the fuel rails and lines, your gonna be getting knee deep in your pockets. I went that route and spent much more money than I ever wanted to and knowing what I know now, I would have just left everything stock with the exception of the pumps and injectors. I spent thousands .. nuff said.

It sounds like you have everything else in order.

A stall is good to have for the track. Depending on your aspirations, you could go with or without a stall just fine.

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
sweet you just saved me thousands of dollars then! your better than geiko!
waaaay OT: i've been to North Pole, Alaska. i think i've still got the coupon saying i own 1 square inch of it. lol. i love Alaska in general, been twice.

back on-topic: bookmarking this thread for when i get some mod money.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Well I tore apart my MP I got used today so I could put on a new nose cone to replace the damaged one it came with. Rotor pack looked a bit scarred up so I planned on using another perfect one I have. Sad to say almost no oil in the snout when I took it apart and looks like the rotors were doing their best to chew their way out of the top of the case. Actually it looks more like the missing metal and teflon from the rotor tips welded itself to the case. I tried cleaning it up with a razor blade like Charles told me to do, but there is too much too stuck to the case for that to work. I guess I'll be calling him up tomorrow to see what he reccommends. Anyone know if Steig ports/rebuilds MP's?

steig rebuilt my MP...and did a god damned good job on it. I cant wait to get her bolted on

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Stock block made 488/576 with an 6lb lower stock M.P. upper and 12* and every mod I could think of. At e-town ran a 11.78 @115.7 on a M.T. e.t. street, pump gas. It's a great bang for the buck.

Tom

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
steig rebuilt my MP...and did a god damned good job on it. I cant wait to get her bolted on

I talked to them yesterday. They want $695 and all I really need is the case clearanced and I'd like new rear bearings. I already have a perfect, low mileage rotor pack with out any teflon flaking and a brand new snout so they are a bit expensive for what I need. The good news is that Charles told me clearance is not critical where I have case contact (top of case near inlet) so it is OK to do a little work there and if I take out too much a little extra clearance will not be a problem. Now I just have to figure out if I can get the rear bearings out myself or if I have to ship the blower to him for that. Anyone ever pull rear bearings out of a MP or Eaton?

Matt

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
No, I got it in trade for a stock Eaton for another member on the boards. He disclosed eveything about the damaged snout and that the rotors had some scuffing so I'm not upset with what I got or saying there was any misrepresentation of it at all. I got it for the cost of shipping one Eaton and knew I'd have some repair to do before I could use it.

Matt

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
My real next step is to rebuild my bottom end with the JDM internals package they offer for 1800 bucks then i want to pick one of these bad boys up and run low 11's. and spray it for 10's. not that i wantto run the 10's but i want to just incase i ever wanted to. what lower pulley matched with and upper would it take for that to happen and are the JDM internal packs good? i dont want to go huge down low and tiny up top right? cause of the belt slippage factor right.

Last edited:

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
the wife was looking over my shoulder, shes scared of my lightning already and has gone to the track with me in the past so she knows that 10's are faster than 11's and i finally talked her into me upgrading the L even more for 11's. I dont want to push my luck and have to listen to it again. At least that way she smirked and just rolled her eyes. lol

I'D WIN

Established Member
Matt,

Its fairly easy to rebuild the blowers, I am sure Charles can help you out with a how-to.

Users who are viewing this thread