Magnum Powers users...

I'D WIN

Established Member
who tuned you? MP might now be in my future

At the time, the tune was from Swanson.
What S/C was that and how much nitrous? Did the block hold together?

Is there any difference in the APS plenum verse the JLP Sheet metal plenum?

The truck never had one problem and never failed me. It had over 500 passes on it before I decided to go built.

IIRC, I had 150 jets on there with a fat AFR to be safe. That was with a lot of other mods though too. No MP at the time.

The APS plenum is essentially the same but the craftsmanship of the APS plenum blows JLP out of the water. The APS is also built per the customers specs/instructions each time.

My only issue was that because of (2) installed blower spacers and a stage 4 head/cam, the hood was rubbing on the plenum before I notched it. Some rub/slight scratches on the plenum but nothing to cause any worry.

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Quick comparison...

JLP ($645)

image.php

APS (Now $550 or better after my initial build)

APS_Plenum.jpg

APS_Plenum_1.jpg

APS_Plenum_2.jpg

APS_Plenum_3.jpg

APS_Plenum_4.jpg

APS_Plenum_5.jpg

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Who sells the APS plenum? I have a MP but am waiting to get my first 11.xx with my P.E. and pass an emissions inspection before installing the MP. Now I may have to look into a plenum if it will make a big difference over the C&L I have now.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Last time I talked to Bob at APS, the APS plenum is no longer made or available (business closed). You will have to find one used if possible.

I'D WIN

Established Member
The only problem with cheaper is that the price of sheetmetal keeps on rising driving the prices up. Mine will be available soon. ;)

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
i wrote the them a few days ago and asked what the best pulley combo run is? They told me a stock upper and 6# lower, does anyone else has a better combo thats safe for a stock block that yeild higher gains?

I'D WIN

Established Member
Just depends on what you want. You can run a larger upper and a larger lower as well. Numerous combinations to consider. If you run a larger upper, it will compensate for a large lower as well as reduce belt slip.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
i wrote the them a few days ago and asked what the best pulley combo run is? They told me a stock upper and 6# lower, does anyone else has a better combo thats safe for a stock block that yeild higher gains?

my setup will be a stock 2.93 upper and a 6 pound lower.
between the pulleys, the plenum and the mp i think ill be at my 430-440 horse goal safely...especially once I get her strapped down to the dyno and get a remote tuning session in with Rick :)

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
I found the MP 2.7 upper and a 6# lower to be the best performing combo. Of course I got greedy and put on an 8# lower. Performance went up measurably, but was too much for my stock block.
Jim

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
On a mild "Winter" street tune it put down 447/562. Never dynoed the "hot street" or "race" tunes. Also I never got a chance to run the 1/4 with it. I ran it for a few thousand miles, but it let go before I got a chance to hit the track.
Jim

I'D WIN

Established Member
I think Jim's block let go with the 8# lower.

My buddy ran his MP with a 2.69 upper and a 10# lower on a stock block for nearly a year without any problems. That was before he started his turbo project on the same motor. He tore it down and rebuilt it. Everything inside was as clean as a whistle.

Users who are viewing this thread