Major SVT Omission by CAR & DRIVER

65mph_Roll

Established Member
New issue asks what is best sports car (new or used) for 25K and they list the following:

NEW - Mazda MX-5 Miata and Volkswagen GTI
91-94 Acura NSX
02-06 BMW M3
01-04 Corvette Z06
04-06 Dodge Ram SRT10 pickup
99-02 Mercedes AMG E55
89-94 Porsche 911
94-98 Toyota Supra Turbo

Um, how can they miss the 03-04 Cobra!?!

They even clocked it at 12.9@112 and 0-60 in 4.6 back in 2003.

I don’t dispute any of their choices, but they certainly weren’t limited to nine cars

doczg

Established Member
guess ford doesn't advertise enough in their mag. Mags are really bad these days. Its easy to predict who will win the Motor Trend car/suv/truck of the year, because they have the most adds.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
there is another post about this. i was going through the philly airport when i saw this magazine. i was like "oh what the hell is going on around here???!!" everyone looked at me, but i was just surprised not to see the terminator on the list. most all are good pics but i can easily take out the dodge ram for a cobra or a miata...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
why would they pick the 03 Cobra?

Dated interior
handles well but not as well as the cars listed
Less refined than those listed
And oh by the way the Cobra is NOT a friggin sports car

EDIT: how the hell is the SRT10 Truck on there???? talk about a POS

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
why would they pick the 03 Cobra?

Dated interior
handles well but not as well as the cars listed
Less refined than those listed
And oh by the way the Cobra is NOT a friggin sports car

EDIT: how the hell is the SRT10 Truck on there???? talk about a POS

Really, not a sports car?
The cop that gave me a ticket yesterday morning said, "You and your sports car!"
I should have been like, "It's not a sports car!":shrug:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Really, not a sports car?
The cop that gave me a ticket yesterday morning said, "You and your sports car!"
I should have been like, "It's not a sports car!":shrug:

yes really...until the Mustang comes with only 2 seats it will not be a sports car

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
So a BMW M3 is a sports car? No I don't think so...

The Terminator to me is just a new version of the Supra Turbo (Dyno Queens :p ), there is no viable reason that the Cobra not be on the list except for the fact that the editors at Car and Driver have their heads up their asses.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yes really...until the Mustang comes with only 2 seats it will not be a sports car

well then neither are the m3 (as mentioned) the e55 (nowhere even close to a sports car) or porsche (has a back seat).

and the srt10?? wtf? talk about going fast only in a straight line?! and even a GT0 should be on that list before any ram truck :nonono:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
well then neither are the m3 (as mentioned) the e55 (nowhere even close to a sports car) or porsche (has a back seat).

touche` but i wanna say the M3 and E55 are sport sedans

BAN whoever thinks a terminator is not a sports car. You deusches.

Is my 01 Cobra a sports car ???? Nope!!!! so friggin ban me! oh yeah and it is douche...douche

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
The article was about the best new/used performance/sports cars @ 25k.
You'd be hard pressed to find a Supra @ that if you read it you'll see some of the owners paid more [ 33k for the supra] but they could be had for less. Kinda like finding a Cobra for 17k, there are out there but hard to find [ in good shape none the less].
The f**king Cobra absolutly should be one the list, since they can be had for 25k all day long.
The Miata 'bout made me puke as well as the VW. The Benz ;find an AMG for 25.
The beemer? not for 25K.
The Dodge well ok
The vette f**k yea
The 911 ok but try and maintain that sum bitch
No Firebird
No Camaro
No GTO
What Bull sh*t
One definition of a sports car is " A car that doesn't have anything on it that doesn't make it go faster"
Usually a 2 seater.
But who cares, most "sports cars" see the ass end of a Cobra anyway.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Is my 01 Cobra a sports car ???? Nope!!!! so friggin ban me! oh yeah and it is douche...douche

An '01 Cobra is not an '03 Cobra. Unlike the '01 Cobra the '03 belongs on the list.

In all honesty it doesn't matter much anyway, car and driver is for the most part a big load of bs.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
An '01 Cobra is not an '03 Cobra. Unlike the '01 Cobra the '03 belongs on the list.

In all honesty it doesn't matter much anyway, car and driver is for the most part a big load of bs.

So why doesn't the "01 belong there????

sure the 03s got a blower and a six speedbut big friggin deal...so you think that extra gear and better 1/4 mile time makes it belong on the list??? I know the 01 Cobra doesn't belong on there...but neither does the 03

fact is the 03/04 Cobra is one bad bitch from the factory but face it, it's old interior, dated chassis, less than stellar handling, and poor ergonomics kept it off that list

how that POS SRT 10 made the list however we will never know

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
They missed the boat here. Best bang for the buck, good availability, and a huge following. Just look at the number of posts for each forum! Terminators rule.

exdeath

Established Member

sure the 03s got a blower and a six speedbut big friggin deal...so you think that extra gear and better 1/4 mile time makes it belong on the list??? I know the 01 Cobra doesn't belong on there...but neither does the 03

fact is the 03/04 Cobra is one bad bitch from the factory but face it, it's old interior, dated chassis, less than stellar handling, and poor ergonomics kept it off that list

And the Supra has a plastic interior that looks like my Camry, that isn't dated?

IMO any list that has the MkIV Supra on it isn't complete without also having the 03/04 Cobra right next to it.

There are a few cars missing, though some of them aren't 25k (eg; MR2 Turbo)

Last edited:

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
BAN whoever thinks a terminator is not a sports car. You deusches.

You will receive a infraction.

so will you.

So what it's got revised heads, a blower, a 6 speed tranny...its just a little better than an 01. :dw:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
And the Supra has a plastic interior that looks like my Camry, that isn't dated?

IMO any list that has the MkIV Supra on it isn't complete without also having the 03/04 Cobra right next to it.

There are a few cars missing, though some of them aren't 25k (eg; MR2 Turbo)

the 03/04 Cobra interior was 10 years old the day it rolled off the assembly line...thats my issue there...and yeah the MR2 was cool!!!!

You will receive a infraction.

so will you.

and?

So what it's got revised heads, a blower, a 6 speed tranny...its just a little better than an 01. :dw:

Sure it's a better car than the 01...that fact in undisputed

Users who are viewing this thread