Making a Murderer - Netflix Series

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Insurance won't cover intentional misconduct.

The guy was going to receive a bounty of money regardless if it was intentional or not but proving it was intentional and not just poor police work is a different story. Maybe if this guy gets out the original case against the government can be looked at again but even if those cops made it a point to screw him and it was/is proven, they won't be able to cover millions of dollars in damages.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I was just poking a little fun at the theory I quoted. This story has so many angles any thought or theory can be countered with ease. You say you don't see any motive. Well he is supposed to have planned a killing and burning of a female during his previous visit to prison. He obviously had wood for this girl evidenced by his calling her, requesting her. He put his best moves on her and she laughed in his face. He blows up and puts plan A into operation. Motive. See it's easy. Could he have been dumb enough to leave evidence on his property? Dumb people do dumb things. Dumb panicked people do really dumb things. And I know the size of the property, I've been there.

Purely speculation on the motive.

The guy was going to receive a bounty of money regardless if it was intentional or not but proving it was intentional and not just poor police work is a different story. Maybe if this guy gets out the original case against the government can be looked at again but even if those cops made it a point to screw him and it was/is proven, they won't be able to cover millions of dollars in damages.

Hence the motive for the police to frame him.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
What isn't speculation is that the police did have motive.

Motive alone means little. Unfortunately the police weren't on trial, Steven Avery was. Even if the police did everything they are accused of it does not mean Avery didn't kill her. I am not saying he did or didn't do it. I'm not in a position to know that. Obviously the jury, whether or not they believed the police tampered with evidence, believed Avery was guilty.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Motive alone means little. Unfortunately the police weren't on trial, Steven Avery was. Even if the police did everything they are accused of it does not mean Avery didn't kill her. I am not saying he did or didn't do it. I'm not in a position to know that. Obviously the jury, whether or not they believed the police tampered with evidence, believed Avery was guilty.

Beyond a reasonable doubt though?

hoamskilet

Established Member
Just finished 8 & 9. How in the hell can they return a verdict of guilty for murder, but not guilty for mutilating the body?

That Ken Kratz just has the voice and face of a complete shit bag

hoamskilet

Established Member
It's hard to get a real bead on the Dassey kid, but one thing is certain....his first lawyer Len Kachinsky ****ed him so hard it's unbelievable

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Just finished 8 & 9. How in the hell can they return a verdict of guilty for murder, but not guilty for mutilating the body?

That Ken Kratz just has the voice and face of a complete shit bag

What til you find out the dirt about Kratz in episode 10, the guy is a pervy demon...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Motive is actually important. Maybe he was involved in her death. No way to know for certain one way or the other, but the evidence laid out about police tampering is easily enough to bring up reasonable doubt.

sdoo500

Established Member
Radio show I listen to every morning here in Boston gave all the people on the show until today to watch the docu-series so they could discuss it. Had Avery's mother on, and Brendan Dassey's step brother who actually was pretty interesting to listen to talk. Didn't get much out of Delores besides "yeah" and nothing of substance came from the other kid other than both of them firmly believe Hallbach is still alive.

Next week they are having Ken Kratz, and Dassey's first "lawyer" on the show which is streamed on their website for anyone interested. Not typically an interview show, just a morning talk show about whatever.

Despite all the evidence, I still do think he is innocent. They simply can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. I do think its funny/sad however to see how many people are asking the president to pardon a murderer based of one documentary on a case they had never heard about a week before.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Radio show I listen to every morning here in Boston gave all the people on the show until today to watch the docu-series so they could discuss it. Had Avery's mother on, and Brendan Dassey's step brother who actually was pretty interesting to listen to talk. Didn't get much out of Delores besides "yeah" and nothing of substance came from the other kid other than both of them firmly believe Hallbach is still alive.

Next week they are having Ken Kratz, and Dassey's first "lawyer" on the show which is streamed on their website for anyone interested. Not typically an interview show, just a morning talk show about whatever.

Despite all the evidence, I still do think he is innocent. They simply can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. I do think its funny/sad however to see how many people are asking the president to pardon a murderer based of one documentary on a case they had never heard about a week before.

The phone calls were funny. Yeah... yeah... Yeah... yeah. She's still alive?! That's the first time I've heard that one. She must be living in the same condo complex as Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa and JFK. They did prove it to the 12 people that matter. We the other 300,000,000 people don't get a vote. The President cannot pardon Avery, it's a state case. Well, there is the executive order thing I guess.

Rios302

Established Member
I don't even know were to begin with this case. The more I read about it, the more obvious it gets. Even if Steven Avery was guilty, the amount of evidence that was planted or tampered with is just ridiculous. This alone should be investigated.

Steven Avery was the number one and only one suspect of Teresa's murder from the very beginning. If Lenk and Colborn would of stay away perhaps none of this would of happen and the true subject that killed Teresa or the reason she died would of come out. However Colborn and Lenk could not help themselves in making sure Steven was convicted. Same goes for the idiotic prosecutor Kratz, that guy was a truly psychopath that enjoyed talking dirty and describing the way Teresa Halbach was killed simply because it satisfy his sadistic ways.

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
That is the way this jury voted. Reasonable is a personal call. What one person thinks is reasonable another may not. That's why there are multiple people on a jury and they get to discuss their verdict.

That is just not true. They were trading votes around... one juror would say "if you vote guilty on this count, ill vote not guilty on this count"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/making-a-murderer-steven-avery-852190

They thought that if they outcome of the guilty/not guilty counts would be so bizarre that it would throw everything off and make it more suspect. Obviously, that was not the case. Surprise? No. This whole case is worse than a monkey humping a football.

Users who are viewing this thread