Making a Murderer - Netflix Series

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Im sorry but that 16 year old kid was way too dumb to make up any of that stuff he told the investigators, leading me to believe that what he told them about raping and killing her likely happened. The conversation he has with his mother is pretty damning. Also they left a lot of evidence out of the documentary. The defense attorneys were doing their job, trying to introduce doubt in the jury's mind. I very highly doubt that Avery was framed; he's a violent felon (the incident with his cousin, the cat) and seems very capable of the crime. I also doubt the FBI would willingly go along with the Sheriff's department. The amount of corroboration that it would have taken to frame Avery is just highly unlikely.

I really think that they killed her somewhere else outside explaining the lack of dna evidence in the trailer.

With regards to the FBI are you talking about the EDTA test? If so what was testified to went with a range that hasn't been established as solid evidence that it was in the sample or not.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I believe the lady that did the testing at one point made reference that just because the test shows no EDTA doesn't necessarily mean it was never in there as well

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
All this is complete madness, I think you could make a case either way after watching it, but if he really did it the cops sure give plenty of reasonable doubt with there sketchy tactics.

The press conference where non of the local police department was used!!! Yea that happened they found ever piece of evidence.

The cop calling in the plates two days before?

Dispatch confirming its the missing girls car and no action taken after that

The cop on the stand cant even remember it even happening.

Avery's blood not sealed and the cap looking like it was stabbed with a syringe, why didnt they test that for DNA

No blood in the house please that place was a wreak

The key being found in plain sight after 4 searches

No blood in the garage that's laughable, there was so much stuff packed in that garage you would have never got it off everything.

Not crushing the car or using the incinerator for the body.

The kids confession, and the his lawyer working against him. This should have never seen the light of day and thrown out.

It goes on and on

Here is the problem I have, I don't doubt there were lots of evidence planted but believing police department killed her just to frame Avery is just preposterous.

I can make a good case both ways, what are the odds of having some girls bones burned in your back yard and you having a fire that night. Who could have timed all that or pulled it off.

The cop that called in her plates 2 days before she was found, could have found her dead in the back of the Rav4. Maybe thats when it could have gave them opportunity, but even that would be hard to swallow.

Finding him guilty with out a reasonable doubt, not sure I'd feel good about this case either way.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Here is the problem I have, I don't doubt there were lots of evidence planted but believing police department killed her just to frame Avery is just preposterous.

I can make a good case both ways, what are the odds of having some girls bones burned in your back yard and you having a fire that night. Who could have timed all that or pulled it off.

The cop that called in her plates 2 days before she was found, could have found her dead in the back of the Rav4. Maybe thats when it could have gave them opportunity, but even that would be hard to swallow.

I don't necessarily think the police department killed her either, but thinking its preposterous is ignoring the $36,000,000 suit against them for their previous blunder that ended up with Avery behind bars for 18 years as an innocent man for that crime. I don't think they take very kind to bring embarassed fools...

But as you mentioned, if the Sheriff found her body and felt inclined to finally put the nail in Avery's coffin, that was an opportunity to put an end to the lawsuit. I actually do think Avery killed her at this point from reading outside information from the documentary, but for the sake of an open mind think the state had a motive.

As far as the fire is concerned, my grandpa lives in the country and burns trash in a barrel nearly every evening. When late summer rolls around into fall, we usually have a bonfire in the back yard a few times each month. Its almost like clockwork that the guy down the road has buddies over for beer on Friday night, and they almost always have a bonfire in their front yard if the weather decent.

I would imagine in burning junk is pretty common around there and there probably isn't much else to do than watch it burn, so the coincidence that there was a bonfire is actually not that odd in my opinion.

Last edited:

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
Don't forget Scott Tadych lying about the fire being like 3 feet tall to 10 feet tall... mother****er just seemed to triple the height of the fire a few years later. Makes sense.

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't necessarily think the police department killed her either, but thinking its preposterous is ignoring the $36,000,000 suit against them for their previous blunder that ended up with Avery behind bars for 18 years as an innocent man for that crime. I don't think they take very kind to bring embarassed fools...

The police officers involved do not care about the money that was coming in judgement against them which would be paid through insurance, tax dollars, etc.., Their pride and being made to look like the Keystone Cops is what would, in my opinion, offer the incentive to "frame" Avery. Preposterous would be anyone thinking the cops killed this chick and burned her. The way evidence was handled and found certainly offers much reasonable doubt which is why I'd think a not guilty verdict should have been reached. If I am correct, not guilty doesn't mean he is innocent, right?

hoamskilet

Established Member
The insurance company had said they weren't going to cover the claim meaning the county was going to be on the hook for the 36 mil

97ReoCobra

Established Member
The insurance company had said they weren't going to cover the claim meaning the county was going to be on the hook for the 36 mil

Hardly unusual for an insurance company to deny a claim. Doesn't mean they'll get away with it. The suit was for 36M. Doesn't mean that is what he would have gotten. Could have been more but likely would have been less.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Right...was just correcting the previous post that insurance was gonna cover the 36 mil, so it wasn't an issue. Fact of the matter is that during all of this going on, insurance said they weren't going to cover so the county was potentially on the hook for up to 36 mil.....and low and behold they did in fact get out of it with a 400k settlement

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The police officers involved do not care about the money that was coming in judgement against them which would be paid through insurance, tax dollars, etc.., Their pride and being made to look like the Keystone Cops is what would, in my opinion, offer the incentive to "frame" Avery. Preposterous would be anyone thinking the cops killed this chick and burned her. The way evidence was handled and found certainly offers much reasonable doubt which is why I'd think a not guilty verdict should have been reached. If I am correct, not guilty doesn't mean he is innocent, right?

Insurance would not cover the level of misconduct that suit was purporting. They could very well have been found personally liable for it.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Those two sentences hold quite a bit of speculation since things went astray for this guy and never came to the fruition he expected and how insurance companies act. No one will ever know now.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
As far as the fire is concerned, my grandpa lives in the country and burns trash in a barrel nearly every evening. When late summer rolls around into fall, we usually have a bonfire in the back yard a few times each month. Its almost like clockwork that the guy down the road has buddies over for beer on Friday night, and they almost always have a bonfire in their front yard if the weather decent.

I would imagine in burning junk is pretty common around there and there probably isn't much else to do than watch it burn, so the coincidence that there was a bonfire is actually not that odd in my opinion.

If it was someone else that killed her, and they wanted to throw the police off their scent, it would make sense to setup Avery knowing that the County police would be all over him with tunnel vision.
The killer would know that the Avery's have a bonfire on a regular basis from driving by on the highway, and maybe they knew or saw that Teresa was on-site that day which added to the setup.
So if you were to have killed Teresa, and you wanted to setup Avery, it would probably be pretty easy to kill Teresa somewhere else, burn her body, plant the ashes in all of the burn locations (to make sure the police found them), and park the RAV 4 on the Avery lot late at night.

I also wonder if during the search warrant that lasted 8 days, if they searched any of the other residential properties?
That cousin or nephew (Bobby Dassey) who was going bow hunting, and mentioned seeing Teresa could also be the killer.
Also that other bow hunter (Scott Tadych) also drove by at the same time as Bobby left the property.

Last edited:

97ReoCobra

Established Member
If it was someone else that killed her, and they wanted to throw the police off their scent, it would make sense to setup Avery knowing that the County police would be all over him with tunnel vision.
The killer would know that the Avery's have a bonfire on a regular basis from driving by on the highway, and maybe they knew or saw that Teresa was on-site that day which added to the setup.
So if you were to have killed Teresa, and you wanted to setup Avery, it would probably be pretty easy to kill Teresa somewhere else, burn her body, plant the ashes in all of the burn locations (to make sure the police found them), and park the RAV 4 on the Avery lot late at night.

I also wonder if during the search warrant that lasted 8 days, if they searched any of the other residential properties?
That cousin or nephew (Bobby Dassey) who was going bow hunting, and mentioned seeing Teresa could also be the killer.
Also that other bow hunter (Scott Tadych) also drove by at the same time as Bobby left the property.

So this person drove past their junk yard often enough to establish they have a fire regularly. They must have been planning this a long time. And then they drove onto the Avery property to dump the ashes, and he knew all the places from all of his surveillance. He must have thought of some real good story to explain his being there when any of the many people that lived on the property came out with a shotgun. The same story would of course work when he drove the R4 on the property then walked home. Then after he got home his mom found the R4 keys in his pants pocket when she was doing his laundry. So he just had to go back there break into the house and put the keys next to the night stand. He would have to alter his story a bit if he was caught actually inside the house. Piece of cake!

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
So this person drove past their junk yard often enough to establish they have a fire regularly. They must have been planning this a long time. And then they drove onto the Avery property to dump the ashes, and he knew all the places from all of his surveillance. He must have thought of some real good story to explain his being there when any of the many people that lived on the property came out with a shotgun. The same story would of course work when he drove the R4 on the property then walked home. Then after he got home his mom found the R4 keys in his pants pocket when she was doing his laundry. So he just had to go back there break into the house and put the keys next to the night stand. He would have to alter his story a bit if he was caught actually inside the house. Piece of cake!

For all we know, the keys were still in the vehicle when the police searched it!?
None of it makes any sense and of course it's all speculation.

I still don't see any motive for Avery to kill a woman on his property, when he is a free man, with a new fiancee, and a cheque for 400K+ is on its way.
And even though he is stupid, I can't see him being dumb enough to leave the RAV 4 on his property and the keys in his trailer.

And remember this isn't a small residential lot, this is a 40 acre property so it wouldn't be that difficult to sneak on the property unnoticed.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Not sure if it's been posted but Kathleen Zelner is taking his case. She is considered one of the best Lawyers in the US for these particular type of cases. She has gotten 17 victims of wrongful prosecution exonerated and has made HUGE money on civil cases for these people.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
For all we know, the keys were still in the vehicle when the police searched it!?
None of it makes any sense and of course it's all speculation.

I still don't see any motive for Avery to kill a woman on his property, when he is a free man, with a new fiancee, and a cheque for 400K+ is on its way.
And even though he is stupid, I can't see him being dumb enough to leave the RAV 4 on his property and the keys in his trailer.

And remember this isn't a small residential lot, this is a 40 acre property so it wouldn't be that difficult to sneak on the property unnoticed.

I was just poking a little fun at the theory I quoted. This story has so many angles any thought or theory can be countered with ease. You say you don't see any motive. Well he is supposed to have planned a killing and burning of a female during his previous visit to prison. He obviously had wood for this girl evidenced by his calling her, requesting her. He put his best moves on her and she laughed in his face. He blows up and puts plan A into operation. Motive. See it's easy. Could he have been dumb enough to leave evidence on his property? Dumb people do dumb things. Dumb panicked people do really dumb things. And I know the size of the property, I've been there.

Users who are viewing this thread