Making a Murderer - Netflix Series

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Several news articles popping up on yahoo news about newly discovered evidence. Things should get pretty interesting over the next year.

nxhappy

Established Member
I watched the first episode last night...all I can say is W T FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Brutal Metal

Established Member
, I don't believe a word the excused juror says. To me he seems like nothing more than a limelight leach. He'll say anything that will keep a camera pointed at him.
What don't you believe? He said when they first went around the jury room it was 7 not guilty, 3 guilty and 2 undecided?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I can't get through the show, the people involved are so painfully stupid that I get too agitated watching it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Wisconsin court system is a joke. Nevermind Steven Avery, that's bad enough in itself, look at Brendan's case. The only evidence they have is a coerced confession made without the presence of his lawyer. A lawyer, mind you, that was not only not trying to defend him, but was actively trying to (and successful) get him to admit guilt. On the stand, under oath, his investigator admitted to working with the DA's office to gather evidence against Steven and use Brendan to solidify their case against Steven. That is absolutely unconscionable. It's a mockery of the justice system that he isn't retried.

To me that is the most gut wrenching part of this whole story to me. Dassey's first lawyer had just lost an election for the DA's office. That should let you know where his goals lie, and give you a clue as to his motivations for attempting to please the prosecution. Dassey would have been better off with a first year law student who has a money for his second chair.

I grew up with an older cousin who was developmentally disabled in much the same way as Dassey, but not to his degree. He was also very suggestible and would just try to tell people what they wanted to hear. How any jury could watch that interview and not see exactly what was happening is beyond me. Add to that the fact that there was no physical evidence (Dexter couldn't have cleaned that garage so well) to corroborate his story and the judge should have granted a motion for JNOV.

I'm hoping there's a lot of stuff left out of the documentary that would explain the verdicts.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Is there really that much we are not privy to that the jury heard/saw that led them to reach guilty verdicts.

I'm curious about this as well. I've seen some articles about what was left out and I have yet to see enough that would overshadow the holes the defense poked in the prosecution

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I don't know if they framed him, but Sergeant Colburn and Lenk definitely seemed suspicious, and were always together.
-Teresa was reported missing on November 3rd.
-Sergeant Colburn calls into dispatch for a license plate lookup on the same day, and he wants confirmation if its a 1999 RAV 4? (Has he found the SUV at another location?)
-Two days later on November 5th they find the RAV4 with no plates!

Also, did they ever get an answer as to why the blood vial had a hole in the cap?
And that FBI test for EDTA substance really bothered me.
The defense team should have sent the blood from Avery's vial along with another sample that was verified to have EDTA present to see if the FBI lab test could actually detect it.
Also, is it possible that the EDTA substance evaporates when in open air (RAV4), or after sitting in a vial for 18 years with a hole in it.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Also, is it possible that the EDTA substance evaporates when in open air (RAV4), or after sitting in a vial for 18 years with a hole in it.

Someone on Reddit (for whatever it is worth) commented on a Reddit thread concerning EDTA that yes, it can evaporate or burn off, and it can do so in a relatively short time. I believe they said the water in the blood would evaporate first though...but I've not yet found any resources in my limited research to conclude whether thats true or not.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm hoping there's a lot of stuff left out of the documentary that would explain the verdicts.

Without a doubt there is absent information favoring both the prosecution and defense but would any of it make you suddenly approve of how a b.s confession (by a kid who would have trouble tying his shoes) was obtained? I am still speechless how his attorney seemed to be working against him. He made him sign some b.s. confession or else he couldn't "help" the kid? Would any of the information make you lose the skepticism most have in regards to a key being found by someone who wasn't supposed to be there during the 7th (or so) search? I remember seeing stories and programs on these people that came out before the Netflix series and I had reservations back then.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Ill say this. I would rather see a guilty man go free than an innocent man stripped of his freedom. After watching the documentary, I lean more on the side of Avery being innocent rather than guilty. Brendan's conviction was absolutely absurd IMO. They need to look more closely at that family, because someone with access to that yard is probably who actually committed the murder.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
Im sorry but that 16 year old kid was way too dumb to make up any of that stuff he told the investigators, leading me to believe that what he told them about raping and killing her likely happened. The conversation he has with his mother is pretty damning. Also they left a lot of evidence out of the documentary. The defense attorneys were doing their job, trying to introduce doubt in the jury's mind. I very highly doubt that Avery was framed; he's a violent felon (the incident with his cousin, the cat) and seems very capable of the crime. I also doubt the FBI would willingly go along with the Sheriff's department. The amount of corroboration that it would have taken to frame Avery is just highly unlikely.

I really think that they killed her somewhere else outside explaining the lack of dna evidence in the trailer.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Im sorry but that 16 year old kid was way too dumb to make up any of that stuff he told the investigators, leading me to believe that what he told them about raping and killing her likely happened. The conversation he has with his mother is pretty damning. Also they left a lot of evidence out of the documentary. The defense attorneys were doing their job, trying to introduce doubt in the jury's mind. I very highly doubt that Avery was framed; he's a violent felon (the incident with his cousin, the cat) and seems very capable of the crime. I also doubt the FBI would willingly go along with the Sheriff's department. The amount of corroboration that it would have taken to frame Avery is just highly unlikely.

I really think that they killed her somewhere else outside explaining the lack of dna evidence in the trailer.

If Dassey is really confessing to the crime, why not tell them where she was murdered? As far as him being too dumb to make it up, it's simple, he was spoonfed the answers. The only statement he made without being coerced was that he got off the bus and was playing video games.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member

These two statements contradict each other.

Users who are viewing this thread