Manufacturer 84 at 0%

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
At what point will the consumer benefit in this current situation wrt new car purchases?

Manufacturers are not building new. Dealers are sitting on inventory. Buyers arent really buying anything.

So, manufacturers cant make money as they cant sell product, losing money.
Dealers are selling but at a much lower rate, not making much money, BUT, cant restock anyway.

Currently any consumer with great credit and the funds to afford it can benifit right now big time. If your willing to buy a brand new 2019 of a brand they are ready to make killer deals. For the 2020s its a hit and miss. Some dealers will work with you somethink holding on to inventory is better. Just depends what you are looking for and how far out of your area you are willing to look.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The manufacturers may wait until sales regions are out of lockdown before doing much more, especially on 20 models. Dealers are dealing on the 19's now.

1996slowbra

Established Member
The dealer I was talking to about that leftover '19 GT350R that wanted 20k over is now emailing me asking if I would buy with $3k under. Yes, that's a brand new GT350R for $68k!

Damn, I have been talking to a dealership out here that wont budge from 55k for a USED 19 GT350. Glad I told them to **** off.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The dealer I bought my Lincoln from says their GT500 customer backed out, but they had a list and did get 10k ADM.

1996slowbra

Established Member
Yeah, I think so, but I saw a new one listed on Autotrader, but I suspect it's a dead link.

Just checked, Kona blue was only available in 2016. I think you are going to have to go used or certified pre owned, if you can find one. The stripes seem to be pretty rare.

1996slowbra

Established Member
I would love a Kona blue orange Recaro fist.

That was the original combo I test drove. The problem was it had nav which was like a 2500$ option which I didn't want, I mean it was 2016 who didn't have a ****ing cell phone and sync 3 also got android auto so nav was kind of pointless. The dealership was also in an affluent area (Walnut Creek) and they would absolutely not negotiate on price so I walked, ended up getting the same optioned car out in Brentwood for 22k OTD , just no Recaros. Ended up picking up a secondhand set of Recaros in gray from some dude up in sac for 1k and my stock seats about 6 months ago.

Also got 0% full term financing on the car. I still owe on it because I cant justify making more than the base payment when there is no interest to pay.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I had the black and orange 16 I found in may of 17. Got 4K rebate and 0-72. Problem was a deer jumped in front and totaled my car.

Thought I wanted to go bigger and got my TRD or taco which I don’t like. Now looking again as prices have dropped.

1996slowbra

Established Member
I had the black and orange 16 I found in may of 17. Got 4K rebate and 0-72. Problem was a deer jumped in front and totaled my car.

Used ones are pretty affordable now. I love my car, the only thing I wished I could have gotten was a 3 door. The back seats in these things are ****ing pointless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread