Manufacturer 84 at 0%

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been months trying to buy a 550 for what it was marked at the end of the year sale price. I didn't pull the trigger then, and current discounts don't come close. I'm not going to pay near sticker for a 2019. At this point with ford at only 30 percent production, I might as well wait for 7.3 in 2020. 4th of July may be the last opportunity for me to purchase this particular truck. I may consider walking into the dodge lot.

You won’t be disappointed.

Ram has amazing trucks these days.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Established Member
There is a 19 Dodge 1500 tradesman 4 door with the 3.0 diesel. Online stories about recalls and blown motors are scary. Anyone with real world experience? They just called back and want the truck moved. I'd like some towing capacity, a bed, and milage. It checks all the boxes

C2tuck

Established Member
There is a 19 Dodge 1500 tradesman 4 door with the 3.0 diesel. Online stories about recalls and blown motors are scary. Anyone with real world experience? They just called back and want the truck moved. I'd like some towing capacity, a bed, and milage. It checks all the boxes

Their gas version actually has better towing numbers than the diesel. Just FYI

Established Member
I am looking at the milage, as I generally run 1800-2300 miles when I hit the road. Just afraid if the diesel is a lemon, I dont want to own it. I guess it all comes down to weather only people who have problems are on the internet, or the motor is a real POS

venmos1

Established Member
I am looking at the milage, as I generally run 1800-2300 miles when I hit the road. Just afraid if the diesel is a lemon, I dont want to own it. I guess it all comes down to weather only people who have problems are on the internet, or the motor is a real POS

Are you reading about last eco diesel go around or current eco diesel with problems? From what I remember they stopped making the eco diesel to address issues they were having. The new (19 and 20) should be good. I have a 14 4x4 5.7 crew cab lifted 4" on 35x12.5 and average 17 mpg. I do not drive any highway. Hilly back roads. These hemis need to be worked. Stock programming likes to keep rpms super low. Imo this combined with a lot of hot idling leads to cam and lifter issues. I switched to redline 5w30 oil shortly after I bought mine (used) and have done 2 used oil analysis. First at 7300 miles and second with 8100 miles. Both showed excellent results with very low wear numbers. It was suggested to bump up to 10k oci with what I had left for tbn. Many guys are seeing impressive results switching to 5w30 redline over on the ramforum. I as well as many others feel the recommended 5w20 is too thin. Those hemis really benefit from an oil with high molybdenum.

If you are towing a lot make sure you get a truck with the 392 rear end.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Someone asked me to give a transmission report on my wife's Lincoln Nautilus equipped with the 2.0 eco and 8 speed transmission. When it was brand spanking new, it had maybe a hint of clunky shifting at low speed. Now that we have a couple thousand miles on it, that clunkiness went away. The 2.0 works well with the 8 speed and wife is happy with the performance. The SUV is remarkably quiet and the seats are absolutely first rate, super comfy and supportive.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
EV pickups look for mainstream appeal
Jun. 29, 2020 4:38 PM ET|About: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Wedbush Securities says the question of if Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) and Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) will be major players in the pickup market with their 2022 entrance will be an intriguing one as orders continue to be tabulated.

"Investors will question if this is a mass market pickup for both Tesla and Nikola going after Ford and GM with ~3 million pickup trucks sold annually in the US, or a more niche 'wow factor' model that will be more limited in demand/production scale and scope," writes analyst Dan Ives.

Ives thinks gauging pre-order activity and the trajectory for Badger over the next 3 to 6 months will be another key data point for investors to get their arms around the potential adoption curve of the EV truck market as they consider the share price of both companies.

The biggest target for the EV upstarts is pickup leader Ford (NYSE:F), which sells roughly 1M F-150s per year.

Nikola ended the day up 6.33% after starting to take Badger reservations, while Tesla is back over $1,000 with a 5.17% gain.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Someone asked me to give a transmission report on my wife's Lincoln Nautilus equipped with the 2.0 eco and 8 speed transmission. When it was brand spanking new, it had maybe a hint of clunky shifting at low speed. Now that we have a couple thousand miles on it, that clunkiness went away. The 2.0 works well with the 8 speed and wife is happy with the performance. The SUV is remarkably quiet and the seats are absolutely first rate, super comfy and supportive.

With the 8speed and 2.0 does it feel peppy? Unfortunately ford did not give the fusion or MKZ the 8speed since there dropping both out of the line up.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Has anyone purchased or at least talked to a dealer about Raptors since COVID hit? I know one person earlier in the thread got a deal on one in Canada, but I'm curious about dealer willingness to significantly discount a Raptor in the U.S.
Granger ford in Granger Iowa has a black 20 and blue 19 raptor fairly loaded. The blue one is like 8-9 grand off sticker and the black one is like 7k off sticker. Granger is a suburb of Des Moines.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
With the 8speed and 2.0 does it feel peppy? Unfortunately ford did not give the fusion or MKZ the 8speed since there dropping both out of the line up.

It is respectable. I really wanted the 2.7, but could not find with exterior and interior color wife wanted.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It is respectable. I really wanted the 2.7, but could not find with exterior and interior color wife wanted.

Color package was big for me too, but i also would have not bought the mkz without the 3.0 either. It was a must have. I did give up the AWD drive because I could not find the color combo and price to make it work so i settle for the FWD with the 350hp/400tq.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Im guessing then there will be outrageous mark ups then?
All of the Rs are spoken for, sadly. I was offered a Heritage at MSRP. Now I am sort of regretting not getting the local '20 Kona blue gt350 when I had a chance. I got the Raptor instead.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
All of the Rs are spoken for, sadly. I was offered a Heritage at MSRP. Now I am sort of regretting not getting the local '20 Kona blue gt350 when I had a chance. I got the Raptor instead.

I say hop on it at msrp if you really like it. Not many going for msrp.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford Motor sales declined 33.3% in Q2
Jul. 2, 2020 9:41 AM ET|About: Ford Motor Company (F)|By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor

Ford Motor Company (F +2.5%) reports Q2 sales decline of 33.3% to 433,869 units vs. -35.2% forecast by Edmuds, while retail was down much less than industry at 14.3%.

Ford brand units sales fell 33.9% and Lincoln brand slipped 18% for the quarter.

Cars sales -59.5%, SUVs -29.9% and Trucks sales -26.6%.

Daily rental was down 94%, while commercial was off 78%.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Nikola founder says deposits for new pickup sold out
Jul. 2, 2020 12:09 PM ET|About: Nikola Corporation (NKLA)|By: Kim Khan, SA News Editor

Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) has sold out its package for deposits on its upcoming Badger pickup, its founder tweets.

Shares are down 7%. They popped briefly, cutting losses after the tweet by Trevor Milton (@nikolatrevor) went out, but then fell back to to the lows of the day.

The automaker began taking deposits on its electric or hydrogen fuel-cell pickup on Monday. The Badger is to be unveiled Dec. 4.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Nikola founder says deposits for new pickup sold out
Jul. 2, 2020 12:09 PM ET|About: Nikola Corporation (NKLA)|By: Kim Khan, SA News Editor

Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) has sold out its package for deposits on its upcoming Badger pickup, its founder tweets.

Shares are down 7%. They popped briefly, cutting losses after the tweet by Trevor Milton (@nikolatrevor) went out, but then fell back to to the lows of the day.

The automaker began taking deposits on its electric or hydrogen fuel-cell pickup on Monday. The Badger is to be unveiled Dec. 4.
Is anyone else tired of these billion dollar companies with zero income?

Users who are viewing this thread