Manufacturer 84 at 0%

ajaf1656

Established Member
I work for Nissan manufacturing. The new Frontier coming out is sick. I was in a meeting and viewed the upcoming models. Really good technology, 300+ HP, very cool.

Is it still a truck? I can't stand that most new mid-size trucks look like a flaccid crossover mini-suv. I'm pretty loyal to the Frontier, but if it comes out as a bubbly nerd wagon with no manual transmission, I don't know what I'll drive next.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Is it still a truck? I can't stand that most new mid-size trucks look like a flaccid crossover mini-suv. I'm pretty loyal to the Frontier, but if it comes out as a bubbly nerd wagon with no manual transmission, I don't know what I'll drive next.
Welcome to Aero Dynamics and Pedestrian Safety requirements....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Better be ready for disappointment then.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The dealers are dealing on pickups NOW guys, make your deals on your truck of choice. The programs on trucks won't get better if they are hitting their numbers NOW.

Data from J.D. Power shows that 24,500 pickups were sold in the U.S. last week, which is just one percent below pre-pandemic forecasts, while overall sales were down 38 percent. However, the big three Detroit automakers report sales quarterly, so the next round of official figures won’t be released until July.

Pickup truck sales are almost back to normal, report says

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The dealers are dealing on pickups NOW guys, make your deals on your truck of choice. The programs on trucks won't get better if they are hitting their numbers NOW.

Data from J.D. Power shows that 24,500 pickups were sold in the U.S. last week, which is just one percent below pre-pandemic forecasts, while overall sales were down 38 percent. However, the big three Detroit automakers report sales quarterly, so the next round of official figures won’t be released until July.

Pickup truck sales are almost back to normal, report says
1 caveat for this data is that a large chunk of these sales are likely due to excellent incentives.

Take away the incentives, and it might be a completely different story. Additionally, how many of these sales are with leftover 2019/2018 model year end close outs?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
1 caveat for this data is that a large chunk of these sales are likely due to excellent incentives.

Take away the incentives, and it might be a completely different story. Additionally, how many of these sales are with leftover 2019/2018 model year end close outs?

When you are hemorrhaging billions of dollars, with Q2 definitely going to be worse, "normal" and hitting your numbers ain't good enough anymore.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
When you are hemorrhaging billions of dollars, with Q2 definitely going to be worse, "normal" and hitting your numbers ain't good enough anymore.
I would also not be surprised if Ford is way off on those numbers even if Ram and GM are near normal with the current discounts. I was not looking at Ram but their trucks plus discounts plus financing make them worth a look. With Ford it’s why bother.

And as you say, if I’m saying this as a Ford homer what will that say about most buyers? Answer, is lost sales!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
And as you say, if I’m saying this as a Ford homer what will that say about most buyers? Answer, is lost sales!

Lol, all in good fun!

The latest scratch you head moment out of Ford was the recent announcement by Billy Ford in naming his daughter to the BoD's at Rivian. She has like 3 yrs of experience doing some ambiguous, B.S. corporate role at Dearborn. Now a director??????Seems like a smart decisiono_O

WTF is going on over at the Blue Oval?:eek: Even the lifelong loyalist should be very concerned. Complete shit show.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Lol, all in good fun!

The latest scratch you head moment out of Ford was the recent announcement by Billy Ford in naming his daughter to the BoD's at Rivian. She has like 3 yrs of experience doing some ambiguous, B.S. corporate role at Dearborn. Now a director??????Seems like a smart decisiono_O

WTF is going on over at the Blue Oval?:eek: Even the lifelong loyalist should be very concerned. Complete shit show.
Even DBK is lost for words...

Sirraf

Established Member

Without giving to much away, it is a blend of the Titan with the current frontier. Titan-esque headlights and grill. Interior is excellent. It is still very much a truck. Also the new Titan coming out is alot better. Getting rid of the current transmission for a much improved 9 speed. Better technology, better suspension, etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fs.aolcdn.com%2Fos%2Fab%2F_cms%2F2019%2F09%2F25230349%2F2020-Nissan-TITAN-PRO-4X-33.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I actually don’t like GM interiors. They look like bubble plastic from cartoons with their knobs and buttons. All their buttons seem to be rounded edges and big. Not precise like many other manufacturers.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Without giving to much away, it is a blend of the Titan with the current frontier. Titan-esque headlights and grill. Interior is excellent. It is still very much a truck. Also the new Titan coming out is alot better. Getting rid of the current transmission for a much improved 9 speed. Better technology, better suspension, etc.

View attachment 1639375
View attachment 1639376
Sooo

11cf63c1-2019-ford-ranger-5.jpeg

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Guys that want to tow have to be carefull. The 2500 doesn't tow anywhere near as well as the 3500. Rear coil springs v. the leafs found in the 3500.

Also you can only get the 800 ft/lb Cummins with the Dodge trans in the 2500. You have to step up to the 3500 to get the good stuff.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Also you can only get the 800 ft/lb Cummins with the Dodge trans in the 2500. You have to step up to the 3500 to get the good stuff.

Truth

I had a 2016 2500 Cummins with rear coils (yes I added air bags) and it was still too soft with my 13k 5er for my liking

If do a new ram again, it’ll be a HO dually with the aisin.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread