Marauder to race the Ford GT

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Thats right.

A fat black four door Marauder will be putting a pasting to an SVT Ford GT.

:poke: :burn:

Jerry Barnes, the creator of the Trilogy Marauder has accepted a challenge from Fords SVT guys to a race against one of their GTs. Perhaps your not aware, but Jerrys Marauder runs consistant low 11's and can do it with more than two seats!

Click here for more information:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=304944&posted=1#post304944

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Now this is awesome. I cant wait to see a video on this. Nothing is sweeter than a 4 door
Family car beating up on a super car LOL.

Joe

waldo

Established Member
My uncle has a Trilogy Motorsports supercharged Marauder. It flat out hauls A@#.

waldo

Big 8

Established Member
Well I read the thread over there guess they raced, so if they made a video post it!

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Maybe after the 1/4 mile drag race they could race around a road track too. :-D

Last edited:

MikesMerc

Established Member
Wow....that was fun!

Unfortunately the Trilogy #1 car had tranny issues, so 2 of the trilogy cars had to step up to represent....me being one of them.

After running an 11.53 @ 120 in test tune it was a long wait for my turn against the GT. Someone lifted the front end of their car on the track, lost it, and got hurt. It took almost an hour to clear the track. After waiting around for my second run of the night, and my first run against the GT, we finally staged at around 9pm.

Unfortunately I got into it a bit too heavy off the line and spun bad. My 2.0 60ft killed me. The GT and I stayed neck and neck but he edged me with a his best run of the night...an 11.916 @ 124.6 vs my traction problemed 12.05 @ 119.65.

Dennis (the GT pilot) motioned to me to do a hot lap. He knew I blew my tires off the line and that I had a lot left to give. He was well aware of my test n tune time so he was nice enough to let me have another go.

This time I made sure not to rush and stayed calm. I hole shot him in spectacular fashion with a 1.72 60ft and an incredible 7.22 1/8 mile @ 96.57 finishing with an 11.65 ET. He didn't have a chance and shut down half way down the track. I was a bit bummed he shut down, but he said he knew he couldn't catch me and was getting worried about the clutch which we could both smell in the pits after that run. He gave me the "win" and we shook hands.

All in all a fun trip. Give that GT some better tires and a new clutch and it would put the hurt on most cars. But, I also like the looks on the faces of those in the crowd when they see my 4 door sedan blow the GT into the weeds:)

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
I will say this much...It was an honor to shed first blood...Ford GT blood that is. It was intimidating to say the least. Lidio had done some tuning last week and the car felt great. The new Nittos HOOOKED like CRAZY... My burnout was spectacular, the new tires heated up real nice... The GT had done its weak burnout and was waiting at the line while my tires were still smoking doing the burnout! I didnt launch as hard as I could have, as I was still feeling out the track and new tires, but they grabbed and hooked and she launched harder than I ever remember feeling. Anyway, he ran a 12.36 @ 122 mph and I took him with my 11.94 @ 115 mph. The crowd couldnt believe it! 4600 lb 4dr sedan beating Fords flagship sports car...awesum. Have no doubts, he was pulling hard and making up ground as you can tell by the MPH, but to be honest, I launched harder than usual, but not nearly as hard as I could have.
Im going to Disney World...

oooopps...
Almost forgot, that run and my last run were new personal bests for both the car and myself, ended up with a best of 11.92 @ 115 mph.

attachment.php

- Trilogy Eaton Intercooled Supercharger #0002.
- Custom Engraved Billet Air Intake.
- Accufab Billet Throttle Body.
- Dyno tuned w/SCT by Lidio at Alternative Auto.
- Kooks Headers.
- Custom Magnaflow X-Pipe.
- MagnaFlow High Flow Cats & Mufflers.
- Badgeless Grill.
- Widened Factory Rear Rims 9.5 X 18.
- 305/45/18 Nitto Extream Drag Radials.
- SVO Differential Girdle/Cover & Stud kit.
- Motorsport 3:73 gears & Eaton Posi Kit.
- Factory Spoiler
- Pro-M 80mm MAF w/K&N cone filter.
- Autometer Pillar Gauge Pod: Boost/Vacuum & Fuel Pressure.
- Eibach front springs.
- Custom deep tinted windows.
- Sylvania Siverstar Headlights.
- Megs Pre-production Exhaust Tips.
- Kenwood speaker upgrades w/dynomat.
- Directed Audio Python amp for cabin speakers.
- Ruby Red Bob White Bumper Inserts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread