March Madness

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
UNC-Ashville got hosed, plain and simple. Some good games so far today. No class tomorrow so I may not move from the front of the television.

boostaholick

Established Member
That was a lane violation, but I've been seeing some really bad calls today. It seems like when you throw these smaller/slower teams up agaisnt big boys that are fast, it makes the big boy's look too aggressive and the refs call "anticipation" fouls. Louisville was down right getting ****ed left and right with Dieng, when the whole time Chane would have 3 ppl on his back every other off. rebound he was getting with no call.

I'm just glad we took care of business and not let the game get put in the officals hands.

KY looked real impressive again, they are gonna be hard to beat. Davis doesn't ever have a bad game, then you got Jones, GilChrist, Teague, Lamb.

I just hope the cards can meet up with Mich. St. and train wreck them for beatin us years ago.

boostaholick

Established Member
Yeah, they put down a very good wich. team. and I noticed alot of ppl picked them to come out a few rounds. But I just had to go with VCU in my bracket. I'm 11 for 13 as of now...

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
That was a lane violation, but I've been seeing some really bad calls today. It seems like when you throw these smaller/slower teams up agaisnt big boys that are fast, it makes the big boy's look too aggressive and the refs call "anticipation" fouls. Louisville was down right getting ****ed left and right with Dieng, when the whole time Chane would have 3 ppl on his back every other off. rebound he was getting with no call.

I'm just glad we took care of business and not let the game get put in the officals hands.

KY looked real impressive again, they are gonna be hard to beat. Davis doesn't ever have a bad game, then you got Jones, GilChrist, Teague, Lamb.

I just hope the cards can meet up with Mich. St. and train wreck them for beatin us years ago.

After going and reviewing the actual rule, I agree with the lane violation call. However, that wasn't the only bad call in that game. The obvious missed goal tending in the early 2nd half and out of bounds call towards the end come to mind.

You're right though, every game I've watched today has had consistently bad officiating, especially with smaller schools/teams. The NCAA tournament should have only the BEST officials, period.

Right now, Iowa State is throttling UCONN and they could make for a scary match up with UK on Saturday. No true bigs, shoot the lights out from 3, and Royce White who is the best point forward I've seen.

Planter

Banned
**** Missouri, lol. they lost to Norfolk State hahahahahahaha!

anyone who stuck those faggots in their bracket higher than the Sweet 16, got what they deserved.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Well I guess you can say "I got what I deserved" Doesn't matter though L'ville will be playing in April.

haha you serious dude? I was civil in my first post to you because I have been easy going this entire thread. But, UofL barely got past Davidson yesterday. Had it not been for Cincinnati gifting them with a loss to Syracuse you wouldn't have won the Big East.

Also, Lehigh and Ohio are to be added to the bracket buster list. Poor ole Dukies go down as well as Michigan. Crazy day today.

boostaholick

Established Member
haha you serious dude? I was civil in my first post to you because I have been easy going this entire thread. But, UofL barely got past Davidson yesterday. Had it not been for Cincinnati gifting them with a loss to Syracuse you wouldn't have won the Big East.

Also, Lehigh and Ohio are to be added to the bracket buster list. Poor ole Dukies go down as well as Michigan. Crazy day today.

Lol I can only hope, we beat up on davidson without Gieng most of the game, The score looks like we barely beat them, but we had that entire game in our hands. but thats funny that you said you were being civil, lol I was too :-D I'm not gonna lie I'm a KY hater, its just part of the whole rival thing. But they are a really good team, but I'm not gonna get into a Lville - UK dispute with a fellow SVT'er on here :beer:

But yeah I fiqured today would be kinda crazy seeing as how yesterday was kinda calm with the favorites winning. I picked Ohio over Mich. But had duke on 2 rounds, Missouri in the final game with Kansas :rolling:

But I would love to see that Kentucky vs Louisville Final Four.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I have Ohio in my sweet 16...it was more because I'm a grad from there than anything else, but this team is GOOD. They took the Ville to the wire earlier in the season.

Lehigh...totally surprised by that one. Wow Duke!

boostaholick

Established Member
yeah im shocked by they also, but im a duke hater so I think its great ! But yeah I actually forgot about Ohio taking Louisville down to the wire. I know how you played back in Dec/Jan. really doesn't reflect how a team is playing in March. I didn't get to see the game, how solid did Ohio look, what kinda style do they run ? Lol the reason I picked Ohio over mich. is b/c in football mich fans always call ohio st. "ohio" to piss off the fans, so I kinda put it in my mind that it prob. pisses ohio off that they are the joke between the rivals and would work to their advantage.

Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
yeah im shocked by they also, but im a duke hater so I think its great ! But yeah I actually forgot about Ohio taking Louisville down to the wire. I know how you played back in Dec/Jan. really doesn't reflect how a team is playing in March. I didn't get to see the game, how solid did Ohio look, what kinda style do they run ? Lol the reason I picked Ohio over mich. is b/c in football mich fans always call ohio st. "ohio" to piss off the fans, so I kinda put it in my mind that it prob. pisses ohio off that they are the joke between the rivals and would work to their advantage.

They played the same way against Louisville as they did last night against Michigan. A lot of DJ Cooper play making and 3 point hits mixed in with contributions from a handful of guys. They are all juniors and they are the same team that as freshman whooped Georgetown in the first round 2 years ago.

Since I graduated from Ohio and also have a degree from Ohio State, I hate Michigan. Brady Hoke (Michigan football coach) calls Ohio State "Ohio"...well, the joke is on the piss colored team from Ann Arbor now...doesn't matter if its Bobcats or Buckeyes, they get their asses handed to them regularly. :rolling:

boostaholick

Established Member
I hope my Cards come up big today, One of our coaches, used to be an asst. coach for new mexico, so hopefully that helps us out and hopefully they can't stop us from running our style of offense.

Users who are viewing this thread