Mass shooting at Florida high school

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Just want to know the solution if we reach a point where teachers are armed and one of them goes berserk holding his/her class hostage.

Want to know the #1 reason a CCW permit holder gets their permit revolked. I'll wait to see if anyone has the answer to this. It has to do with just a simple and overlooked mistake that most do and not catch it until it is too late.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
What if someone breaks into your house tonight while you are sleeping?
They will die unless they kill me first. After that I will officiate their funeral.

My rule really is that simple. I will protect my family, friends, and home. If you are a threat, I will remove the threat.

Same goes in a public atmosphere. If you are a threat, I will address the threat to keep others safe. I may not make it, but other innocent people will.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
RIP to the dead and condolences to their famlies. Whomever gave this underage piece of shit access to a gun needs to do life.
I would be willing to bet the weapon was stolen, or belongs to a parent that knows they have an unbalanced child.

That's judgemental of me. I honestly don't know the answers yet. I just know that as I learn more, I become more angry over the situation.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Good thing im a light sleeper and barely sleep anyways.
I'm also not anti gun. Have my own and support 2A.

Just want to know the solution if we reach a point where teachers are armed and one of them goes berserk holding his/her class hostage.
Take the teacher out ASAP. No questions asked. The children come first.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Want to know the #1 reason a CCW permit holder gets their permit revolked. I'll wait to see if anyone has the answer to this. It has to do with just a simple and overlooked mistake that most do and not catch it until it is too late.
This will very likely be state specific.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Were AR15s ever banned? Martha McAllen (Fox News) just said the AR15 was banned once before. She also asked her guest, should we ban it again?

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Florida Senator (D) just implied the AR15 should be banned and that it is only used for killing. He's already making a push to ban the AR15.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This has been interesting, and reserve judgement on some of the posts till the morning.
One that does stick out real quick, is whoever gave him the gun deserves life. Far ****ing cry as to how easy it for them to get weapons. Take them away from us, and only the bad ones will have them.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The problem is detachment from reality. Life occurs only to the outside viewer usually separated by a screen.

25 years ago, if you came upon the scene of a car crash, what would you do? Presumably you would stop, get out, check on the occupant's condition, etc. What is the first thing people do now? Pull out a cell phone and press record. Facebook live it. Over and over, every day, in almost every country in the world.

People watch passed around cell phone video of a guy raping a girl who dies of a drug overdose. He is completely ambivalent to her condition as her life drains away.

A cop shoots a man to death in his car and somehow the instinctual response of his girlfriend is to Facebook live it as he bleeds to death, gasping for air, full of holes.

A kid tweets that he's trapped in his school while another kid is shooting people to death. Immediately, NBC, CBS, ABC affiliates all begin tweeting asking if he'll follow back so they can DM him and get the scoop. It is quite literally insane. "Hi Aidan, I know you're a kid hiding under a desk trying not to get shot to death but can you follow back so we can slide in your DMs?"

Something very, very ugly is happening to "humanity." Make all the guns you want illegal. You're not curing this sickness. Obviously shit like this didn't start with the advent of the internet or the cellphone, but clearly empathy and compassion, or just the ability to experience real life as it actually exists, are taking a big hit in exchange for the prospect of views. Guarantee this dude spent an outsized portion of his time on FB or similar.

Silverstrike

Established Member
This will be state specific.

Nope the #1 reason is entering prohibited areas ie state and federal government buildings and courts, and airport terminals. If you park in the parking lot and toss your handgun in the glove box or center console that is fine and dandy. But if you have it on you and you pass through the metal detector then you just done a crime, will be arrested, handcuffed and sent to the local jail to be fingerprinted, booked and charged for a felony.

Silverstrike

Established Member
Yes, during Clinton's BS years.

yeah the 1994-2004 Crime control act that again the Democrat controlled congress passed, then wondered how they ended up being gang rushed out of power when the people rose up and voted them out.

But it didn't take long for it to still be made when all those super killing features was ommitted from the clean and safer post ban model. ie* bayonet lug removed, flash hider deleted, folding stock also removed and a non movable fixed type installed.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
This has been interesting, and reserve judgement on some of the posts till the morning.
One that does stick out real quick, is whoever gave him the gun deserves life. Far ****ing cry as to how easy it for them to get weapons. Take them away from us, and only the bad ones will have them.
From what I've seen, he was 18. So he may have been able to purchase on his own.

Nope the #1 reason is entering prohibited areas ie state and federal government buildings and courts, and airport terminals. If you park in the parking lot and toss your handgun in the glove box or center console that is fine and dandy. But if you have it on you and you pass through the metal detector then you just done a crime, will be arrested, handcuffed and sent to the local jail to be fingerprinted, booked and charged for a felony.
Post office is very common. Running errands and stop in to mail something and you're up shit creek if caught.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
If gun confiscation was to happen many would be in jail and the cemetery. That would start a big fight that no one wants.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Good point. I didn't realize my fellow CHP holders were this absent minded, or willing to roll those dice. Once you see the 10 years/$10,000 fine sign on a Federal building (and related) it lets you know the consequences are a wee bit different than getting cited at the mall.

Users who are viewing this thread