Mass shooting at Florida high school

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am going to wager that it wasn't a musket. Though, that would make things interesting. Or heck, a mass archery shooting...Not to make light of things, but if someone wants to kill people, it really isn't all that hard if they have their mind set on it.

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I am going to wager that it wasn't a muskett. Though, that would make things interesting. Or heck, a mass archery shooting...Not to make light of things, but if someone wants to kill people, it really isn't all that hard if they have their mind set on it.
Very true. A pressure cooker was proven to be a violent tool.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Gravik

Established Member
In typical fashion, republicans are to blame for this....
be94aa300b8f5d69b308eb18f81b4193.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
We have a human problem in this country. Hold onto your butts, the liberals are going to come out of the woodworks. We are going to see unprecedented virtue signalling on twitter and facebook. The liberal media is going to get another chance to attack the 2nd Amendment. This will be politicized by everyone and the rhetoric will turn vile very quickly. Fellow conservatives, we are about to be a buffet for the left.

scott_0

Established Member
Train and arm teachers.

won't happen, 90% are hardcore liberals and wouldn't think of handling a firearm, they'd rather wait to be victims, hope to survive to join the battle cry for gun control........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snakecharmer

Established Member
The shooter isn't the only one at fault. His accomplices are all the chicken shit law makers and administrators that refuse to embrace a simple and effective solution guaranteed to put this nonsense to an end. Every single school in America should have armed teachers and administrators. The more the better. Do that and post a sign outside the school warning that the school is armed, and this crap will come to a screeching halt.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

scott_0

Established Member
watching ABC coverage, they got their hands on a video, you could hear about 10 shots in about 10-12 seconds........"oh my that was a lot of shots in a short time" it was normal semi auto fire! it WAS NOT full auto like I imagine he was alluding smh

The shooter isn't the only one at fault. His accomplices are all the chicken shit law makers and administrators that refuse to embrace a simple and effective solution guaranteed to put this nonsense to an end. Every single school in America should have armed teachers and administrators. The more the better. Do that and post a sign outside the school warning that the school is armed, and this crap will come to a screeching halt.
again, not happening! have you met many teachers/professors? they are generally very timid and submissive, bleeding heart liberals, they aren't even going to handle a firearm, let alone defend themselves and students by taking a life, just not happening

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Doors that only open outward without a key provided only to first responders would be one way to keep the riff raff out. I would recommend no less than three armed security guards for schools with less than 200 students, and an additional guard for every 200 students. Based on the average size of building and footprint needed for that amount of students. Preferable a well paid well adjusted military veteran for each of those positions.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
Doors that only open outward without a key provided only to first responders would be one way to keep the riff raff out. I would recommend no less than three armed security guards for schools with less than 200 students, and an additional guard for every 200 students. Preferable a well paid well adjusted military veteran for each of those positions.

this is the only viable option I see working, I'm nearing the tail end of my law enforcement career, I'd do this sure!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Doors that only open outward without a key provided only to first responders would be one way to keep the riff raff out. I would recommend no less than three armed security guards for schools with less than 200 students, and an additional guard for every 200 students. Preferable a well paid well adjusted military veteran for each of those positions.

I dont think theres a school district out there that can budget 10-15 full time armed "guards" worth a damn at every one of their schools

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That is where the budgets would need to be reworked at the state and federal levels. The average school size in the USA is around 400 students at the secondary level.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What happened is just a typical weekend in Chicago yet we never hear a peep about it. What is different about innocent people being shot regardless of their color and location?

scott_0

Established Member
I dont think theres a school district out there that can budget 10-15 full time armed "guards" worth a damn at every one of their schools

then this will keep happening, we can outlaw all firearms, and guess what? people will still get guns, and these mass shootings will continue to happen, if they want to save lives, they'll find the money somewhere.........

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Seems like a monthly occurrence nowadays. Sad this doesn't even shock or surprise me. I guess metal detectors will be in use now but that won't stop someone from getting a gun in. more bandaids to come I'm sure.....

Unfortunately the only real solution is armed Police vs. security. No HS kid respects a square badger these days even when their armed.

Plenty of retired police that will come back to be sworn in to work security at a school.

Like everything else it comes down to cost but it seems we have little choice these days unless we wanna keep seeing kids getting their brains scattered all over chalk boards at the expense of saving a few dollars.

Board of Education makes up more Tax dollars then any other department in most towns and cities. They can surely afford it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Animals killing animals isn't quite the same when kids kill kids but I see ur point we rarely hear anything on other gun deaths unless its sensational.

What happened is just a typical weekend in Chicago yet we never hear a peep about it. What is different about innocent people being shot regardless of their color and location?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
then this will keep happening, we can outlaw all firearms, and guess what? people will still get guns, and these mass shootings will continue to happen, if they want to save lives, they'll find the money somewhere.........

Im not saying I disagree but even if they fund it

1) most police forces are already understaffed so they wont be adding more officers

2) have you met the average security guard? Even the ones with guns... then again maybe the mere presence is a sufficient deturrnet

as of now Id venture to say the resource office to student ratio is more like 1-1k

Mountie

Established Member
26,400 public schools in this country. It would take between 2-3 billion to outfit each school with 2-3 full-time armed security guards. That would seem to be a common sense step, but that's just my opinion. Pay between 45k to 60k.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Im not saying I disagree but even if they fund it

1) most police forces are already understaffed so they wont be adding more officers

2) have you met the average security guard? Even the ones with guns... then again maybe the mere presence is a sufficient deturrnet

as of now Id venture to say the resource office to student ratio is more like 1-1k

These aren't going to be mall cops...Trust me. There are plenty of well trained veterans that would jump at a chance to feel important again. Especially when it concerns children. This would have to be an added budget concern, but what is more important 3-4 billion for kids, or 3-4 billion in unused computers that the federal government orders every year. That is a factual purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread