May have found my next car.

Bates TTwins

Established Member
yeah it was nice exterior but who knows how hard the engine has been beaten on. Thanks for the help guys ill keep you updated on where it goes from here.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'll sell you my '97 Cobra for $9,500! :lol1: And it's got a build motor with a lot of (tasteful) exterior and interior mods and a clean title. Not to mention a warranty.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Nothing wrong with a rebuilt title car as long as it checks out good. Rebuilt title vehicles should be worth 60% of the kbb value. Flood cars I would not touch though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The only time you should be considering a rebuilt title car is for a racecar/weekend car that youre buying in cash and have no intention of financing or having full coverage insurance.

If I recall most places will not even cover rebuilt/salvage title cars. And if you need to finance, even tougher.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
The only time you should be considering a rebuilt title car is for a racecar/weekend car that youre buying in cash and have no intention of financing or having full coverage insurance.

If I recall most places will not even cover rebuilt/salvage title cars. And if you need to finance, even tougher.

I've financed 3 rebuilt title cars. Had full coverage on all 3. Wasnt hard at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't let the title scare you. I've owned numerous cars with rebuilt titles, from wrecked to flooded. If the repair is done right, it's no biggie if you plan on keeping it. If you plan to resale, then the title Scares a lot of people, making it harder to get rid of. Go check it out, if everything on it checks out, drives great, runs great and you want it. go for it and drive the wheels off it:rockon:

^^This

I love these threads.

Stay away, headache, etc.....

All from most who have never touched a salvage.

I've had/built more than I care to count.

Water= no problem as long as it is fresh and not salt and depends on how high.
knowing how to find a water line is a big advantage.

Wreck= body shop welds are better than the tack welds from the factory.

Knowing what you start with is the biggest part. Clearly he has no clue.
And the price is high.
So stay away form this one for these reasons.

+65,000 to these

Not a fan of flood cars though. Personal preference.

Not the case in Michigan. I have bought, fixed and sold many. No problem for buyers to get financing :shrug:

Bates TTwins

Established Member
When I first started looking at a mustang back when I was 16 I found a red v6 called the insurence they said the would cover the r title but I can't recall if that was full coverage. The car I'm looking for will be a dd till I graduate college and save up for a beater for winter and bad days. Also I'd rather buy the car right and not have to get a loan.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I wish, I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and I'm really looking for a v8

Shit, my bad man. I found that one while looking for a Mach for a buddy. Not sure how the hell that got thrown into the mix.

*Excuse Any Grammar or Spelling Errors*
Tapatalkin' on the iPhone

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Sent you a pm with the car's history. Jury is in... that's a big ole' mess. Looks like at least 4 or 5 inspections for the repair, duplicate titles, lots of shit to beware of. I'm hope I'm able to save you some headache.

It's real easy for me to check those, but I don't really do it for just anyone. It's usually just when a car has big warning signs. I hate scammers so much.

Sent from my TI-83+

Last edited:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Here's a small part of the bad shit.

yraryhep.jpg

Sent from my TI-83+

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
No problem. I'm not a dealer, but I have connections through a friend in the law field and autochecks, so I can usually find out quite a bit about cars, but I tend to only do so in situations where it looks like a shady deal.

Sent from my TI-83+

Users who are viewing this thread