Maybe my next 14 GT500.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Classy choice Steve, you know I approve!
Always heard how nice the Watts link is, and knowing Vans attention to detail on a combo, I'm sure it's done right.
I hope it's as advertised, good luck man.
-J
thanks man, I have always loved the gray and blue combo. I have never driven a car with a watts link so I'm excited to see what its like. I really hope its in perfect condition especially for the asking price.
Good luck on the trip & keep us updated..
I will for sure. If everything works out I should be picking it up in sometime in February
Yes that is a great color combo. That GT500 looks like new. How many miles on her. Hope it all works out for you on the trip and purchase.
right around 7,800 miles. It's more miles than I want but with how clean the car looks and with the mod list I don't mind the miles.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Holy moly what a great looking car and rear suspension.

Will you track the car on road courses?

Hope you are feeling better and recovered fully.

Have you already settled with the insurance company?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy moly what a great looking car and rear suspension.

Will you track the car on road courses?

Hope you are feeling better and recovered fully.

Have you already settled with the insurance company?
If I get this car i may attend some road race events, but it will mostly just be used for 1/2 mile racing.

I'm fully recovered from the accident, my old Shelby is paid off already, but I still need to settle with the other guys insurance company. Hopefully by the end of February this will be completely.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Looks like Van put some good work into that car. Real nice! Some Red pinstripes along the blue stripes could really set that color combo off. Maybe a tribute to your last two Trinities?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Is that a stock heat extractor (vent)?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yes, Van put a true forged vent in, I like it, but I have a feeling if I buy this car I will be going crazy with carbon fiber parts.
Looks like Van put some good work into that car. Real nice! Some Red pinstripes along the blue stripes could really set that color combo off. Maybe a tribute to your last two Trinities?
He put some very nice parts on this car, I need to see it in person and get the exact full list of mods, the current own says he has a book of all the mods done to the car.

Drewsky65

Established Member
7800 Miles is it bad at all! Very low honestly. Great color combo as well. Will be a good drive back ( if your gonna drive it) I honestly doubt you will hear any odd engine noise or anything. This will be your new baby. How many miles did u have on the last one ?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
7800 Miles is it bad at all! Very low honestly. Great color combo as well. Will be a good drive back ( if your gonna drive it) I honestly doubt you will hear any odd engine noise or anything. This will be your new baby. How many miles did u have on the last one ?
Yeah the mileage isn't that bad, my last Shelby had 5700 miles on it when it was crashed. I will be trailering it back. My last 14 would make a pretty noticeable tapping sound once the engine was warmed up so I want to make sure this engine is quiet.

Established Member
Beautiful car.

I am interested if you know why the torque arm wasn't installed with the Watt's link?

paluka21

Established Member
Yeah the mileage isn't that bad, my last Shelby had 5700 miles on it when it was crashed. I will be trailering it back. My last 14 would make a pretty noticeable tapping sound once the engine was warmed up so I want to make sure this engine is quiet.

Mine does the same and my motor is 100% stock and untuned with less than 6,000 miles. I've heard and spoke to quite a few owners who have experienced the same tapping noise (drivers side, seeming to source from under the car/lower motor area), and this seems to be quite common. All I'm suggesting is that this noise doesn't appear to be reflective of the health of the motor.
Hopefully Vans car will end up being your new toy and you'll be able to bring it home soon.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine does the same and my motor is 100% stock and untuned with less than 6,000 miles. I've heard and spoke to quite a few owners who have experienced the same tapping noise (drivers side, seeming to source from under the car/lower motor area), and this seems to be quite common. All I'm suggesting is that this noise doesn't appear to be reflective of the health of the motor.
Hopefully Vans car will end up being your new toy and you'll be able to bring it home soon.
Yup, it's a common issue with the 5.4/5.8's. As far as I know there isn't a fix for it. I really hope Van's old GT500 is quiet, the current owner seems pretty cool.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Yup, it's a common issue with the 5.4/5.8's. As far as I know there isn't a fix for it. I really hope Van's old GT500 is quiet, the current owner seems pretty cool.
These engines arent made to be quiet like a Honda. Alot of times people think its a noise issue but its injectors.

What internal components are the main cause of these noises that vary from car to car.

My 2010 was louder than my 2013.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
These engines arent made to be quiet like a Honda. Alot of times people think its a noise issue but its injectors.

What internal components are the main cause of these noises that vary from car to car.

My 2010 was louder than my 2013.
I know these engines aren't made to be that quiet, but my 13 GT500 engine was silent and my 14 made a noticeable metal tapping sound once the engine was warmed up. I knew nothing was wrong, but it did bug me a little.

11SVTPP

Established Member
Nice car!! I'm not sure what part of OK this car is in but I'm around Tulsa/OKC if there's anything I can do to help.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Man that’s a good looking color combo. Good luck hope it works in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearthesnake

Established Member
I know these engines aren't made to be that quiet, but my 13 GT500 engine was silent and my 14 made a noticeable metal tapping sound once the engine was warmed up. I knew nothing was wrong, but it did bug me a little.
I bet so, any idea what causes this? Why some are quiet and others arent?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I bet so, any idea what causes this? Why some are quiet and others arent?
I honestly think it's oil pressure related. But I don't have any facts to back that up. I know Ford has a TSB that says it's normal for the 5.4s to have some engine nose.

Users who are viewing this thread