Maybe my next 14 GT500.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Beautiful car.

I am interested if you know why the torque arm wasn't installed with the Watt's link?

Isnt the 14 already a 3 link setup? On a fox like mine the torque arm is used to convert it from a 4 link to 3 link where the phb centers the suspension. I would guess they went watts to avoid the arc when the suspension travels from full extend to full compression.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Isnt the 14 already a 3 link setup? On a fox like mine the torque arm is used to convert it from a 4 link to 3 link where the phb centers the suspension. I would guess they went watts to avoid the arc when the suspension travels from full extend to full compression.
Yes all 2005 to 2014 mustangs are 3 link rear suspension. The watts link attaches to the rear axle with a pivot point, then its arms bolt to the body of the car. As the body of the car moves up and down, the pivot point will move up and down, traveling in a line. Since the pivot point is traveling in a line, it keeps the axle located directly under the car.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Yes all 2005 to 2014 mustangs are 3 link rear suspension. The watts link attaches to the rear axle with a pivot point, then its arms bolt to the body of the car. As the body of the car moves up and down, the pivot point will move up and down, traveling in a line. Since the pivot point is traveling in a line, it keeps the axle located directly under the car.

Exactly, which is why the watts is technically preferred over the PHB. While the arch is minimal on a car that doesn't have a lot of travel it still moves to the side as suspension is compressed.

Do they make a torque arm (I mean like the style my car has that attaches mid body) for this body style as an upgrade or is it such a minimal improvement nobody would do it?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You go to rod end control arms on the S197 3-link and you realise how much play the factory arms have. No need for a torque arm IMO

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So I finally got to see the Shelby in person. It was everything and more I hoped it would be.
the full mod list is
JLT 123mm intake, FRPP twin 65mm T/B, BPS 2.39 upper, Gates blue belt, Billet fuel rails, Kenne Bell BIGUN intercooler, Bob's oil separator, ARH 1 7/8s LTs, OFR H pipe, Lund tuned, Batron Shifter, Stainless steel brake and clutch line, Giggs racing spider watts link, Giggs racing single adjustable lower control arm, Giggs racing lower control arm relocation brackets, H&R rear lowering springs, true forged matte black hood vent, JLT painted radiator cover. Redline hood struts.

Here are some current pics of the car today. I'll hopefully be bringer her home in a couple of works. I just need to make time to drive out and tow her home.
39040949655_d0dbc7be29_c.jpg

39939330661_9932e39881_c.jpg

25067680427_4b868382d8_c.jpg

39040949945_e8f49bd2a2_c.jpg

25067676607_27b41c03c4_c.jpg

39040956875_c253bc8e30_c.jpg

fearthesnake

Established Member
Im jealous, the Blue stripes really make that paint pop. Pictures usually dont do these cars any justice but that one it does. I can only imagine it in person.

Best part is that its already a 700+hp monster with suspension upgrades. Car is perfect and needs no other mods.

Im glad its working out for you and keep us posted, you certainly deserve it after the last couple months!

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Good list of mods, & you KNOW everything was done right. Congrats!
That'd be cool having Van's car IMO. Have fun with it, & keep your head on a swivel with this one in traffic!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That looks clean as hell. Nice mod list, as stated the blue stripes really make it pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow a beauty of a car. Killer color combo and that mod list,..............WIN-WIN!
Awesome stuff man.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking clean Steve.
I'm glad it's working out for you to get a snake back soon
-J
Thanks man, I appricate it, I just can't wait to get her home.
Im jealous, the Blue stripes really make that paint pop. Pictures usually dont do these cars any justice but that one it does. I can only imagine it in person.

Best part is that its already a 700+hp monster with suspension upgrades. Car is perfect and needs no other mods.

Im glad its working out for you and keep us posted, you certainly deserve it after the last couple months!
The Gray and blue really looks awesome together and yes the car has all the power I want, but it will need a good tire out back, he's still running the stock Goodyear tires lol.
Good list of mods, & you KNOW everything was done right. Congrats!
That'd be cool having Van's car IMO. Have fun with it, & keep your head on a swivel with this one in traffic!
I'm excited to own Van's old GT500, I would have never known about it unless he had texted me.
That looks clean as hell. Nice mod list, as stated the blue stripes really make it pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be doing a photo shoot once I get the car home. The Gray and blue looks amazing.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
So I finally got to see the Shelby in person. It was everything and more I hoped for and more.
View attachment 1461484
View attachment 1461485

Great looking car! It’s always nice when it exceeds your expectations when you travel a distance to see it in person.
Glad to see you were ok after the last one got wrecked. Hopefully the 3rd ones the charm for you.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking car! It’s always nice when it exceeds your expectations when you travel a distance to see it in person.
Glad to see you were ok after the last one got wrecked. Hopefully the 3rd ones the charm for you.
I'm doing ok, still some aches and pains but nothing I can't live with. This will be my 3rd 13/14 and my 4th GT500, I had a 08 GT500 before I got my 13. What can I say I love the Shelbys lol.

Users who are viewing this thread