Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

SVTPete83

Established Member
I can't wait to hear how they sound. The power of a 4v cammed us awesome. But the sound is epic

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The sounds should be pretty good, but I'm more interested on how the entire package performs since everything is built for the motor and not just parts thrown at it. Everything is custom taylored as you already know ;)

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I can't wait to hear how they sound. The power of a 4v cammed us awesome. But the sound is epic

cammed 2v sounds way better. for some reason 4v just doesn't put out that lope sound everyone loves- especially if they're degreed where they need to be for a FI motor. my 241/241 @.050 cams had some lope to them but my new 236/238 @ .050 cams have zero lope to them. but they're set to where they need to be and that's what cams are for and why they are chosen last when building a motor-so they enhance the combo

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
exactly.. I don't really care what they sound like.. Actually the more sleeper the better lol.. I want people to think it's just another stock 98 with a blower lol

Helomech74

Established Member
Which BBRC tank did you get? I'm using the one with the Magnafuel 4303 internal on it, excellent piece of equipment and a great company to deal with.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Which BBRC tank did you get? I'm using the one with the Magnafuel 4303 internal on it, excellent piece of equipment and a great company to deal with.

I'm getting the sumped tank, and I'll be running an external Weldon pump.. :beer:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am really interested to see how the JT Trim does on your setup. I am really thinking about switching to a JT Trim after my car is built and it has a year worth of break in on the V1 Si.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It should perform very well. With the added compression and E85 and the RPM Ill be turning it'll do good. I'm keeping the same pulley combo as before from the T-trim.. On the T-trim at 7k rpm I was seeing around 17psi.. Now I have stg 3 ported heads, and custom cams, but back to a stock 281 bore motor..

I'm HOPING that with the JT-trim I'll see around the same boost at 7k.. Since the JT pushes more CFM I shouldn't see a big drop in boost even though I have heads and cams now. But again that's only at 7k.. IF I spin the motor where I want to I'll be seeing probably 22psi, plus the E85.. lol.. :burnout:

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I cant wait to see the end results!! Been following the thread for a while. I know 4V's dont lope like 5.0's, but either way still gives an added exotic exhaust note. For the sleeper effect, maybe try to find some mufflers that not a lot of people run, that dont hint off too much??:beer:

V6 mustang single tail pipe. lol/JK

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL Thanks man. I'm running regular magnaflow mufflers dumped.. It's not to loud but it does scream WOT.. :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well here's is a awesome update!!

Custom pistons came in and they are the beefiest pistons I've ever seen.. The skirt thickness is the thickest I've ever seen!!! They are works of art.. Pretty pumped about that.. The rings, custom chains and timing equipment showed up as well..

Sorry no pics though.. Can't post em but take my word for it..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread