MGW shifter handle with T56 Mag Shifter

derockgt

Established Member
Does anyone know if the handle will swap over? I know the shifter will not fit the mag but dont know if the handle will swap over.

Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
IIRC the magnum shifter used through bolts. The MGW handle is round and is clamped in place.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't think MGW made a shifter for the Magnum. I thought they trialed one but never produced it. If they made one can someone link us

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You could always just call MGW and ask the question.
Hours of Operation
Mon thru Fri
8 AM - 4 PM EST

Phone Numbers
P: (706) 793-1770

derockgt

Established Member
You could always just call MGW and ask the question.
Hours of Operation
Mon thru Fri
8 AM - 4 PM EST

Phone Numbers
P: (706) 793-1770
I did, rep I spoke with didn’t know and was gonna “ask around” and have someone call me back.. I’m pretty sure the handle won’t fix and I found the stock shifter and handle so I may just use the stock handle and see how it feels in the magnum shifter.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I did, rep I spoke with didn’t know and was gonna “ask around” and have someone call me back.. I’m pretty sure the handle won’t fix and I found the stock shifter and handle so I may just use the stock handle and see how it feels in the magnum shifter.
Stock handle feels Like poop on the magnum. Couldn’t get the right size bolts with stock handle with or without rubber bushings in place.

I run a shortened UPR handle.

derockgt

Established Member
Stock handle feels Like poop on the magnum. Couldn’t get the right size bolts with stock handle with or without rubber bushings in place.

I run a shortened UPR handle.
Stock bolts don’t fit? Well I need something to get me by, everything is on back order. Tried ordering a steeda tri ax handle and won’t come till October. You have a link or part number on your handle you are running?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Stock bolts don’t fit? Well I need something to get me by, everything is on back order. Tried ordering a steeda tri ax handle and won’t come till October. You have a link or part number on your handle you are running?
Stock bolts are too small. Thread is different on the magnum. I run M8 thru boots with nuts on the backside of the UPR handle.

derockgt

Established Member
Thanks, I'll have to get some bots then haha. Might order the UPR handle and run the stock shifter until it comes in.

derockgt

Established Member

DCguy

Established Member
I spoke to MGW about a year ago and they said they dont have any plans to release a magnum 6 bolt shifter…..why im not sure….its only one of the most popular tuner transmissions ever….theyd be sold out for 2yrs straight. Whatever.
Do yourself a favor and get a better shifter for your Magnum…..the one they come with a prone to leak due to the rubber cone design around the shifter ball tearing….Bowler makes a good shifter but theyre not cheap. If you ever want to change the shifter out you have to drop the entire trans due to the 6 bolt design.

MG0h3

Established Member
Above is inaccurate.

Shifter has to come out before you drop the trans so not sure what you’re talking about.

After 8yrs, said seal did rupture on my magnum and I had to swap it.

Drop exhaust. Drop crossmember. Lower trans on jack. Done deal.

I like the magnum shifter. Very positive feel in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
Above is inaccurate.

Shifter has to come out before you drop the trans so not sure what you’re talking about.

After 8yrs, said seal did rupture on my magnum and I had to swap it.

Drop exhaust. Drop crossmember. Lower trans on jack. Done deal.

I like the magnum shifter. Very positive feel in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I replaced my seal in the beginning of this yr, just removed the shifter to install a bronze bushing…. The damn seal is torn again. It is a shitty design. Transmission is much better but the shifter design sucks.

With my driveshaft loop I need to remove driveshaft to lower mine enough to get the shifter out, but you are correct it can be done in the car with some patients and work to get to all 6 bolts.

03' White Snake

Established Member

Attachments

• FCDCDFE3-63F4-400C-9E01-E2359CEB504A.png
    FCDCDFE3-63F4-400C-9E01-E2359CEB504A.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
  • 8C0BCBA8-C911-4BF9-AFBB-A1B9B01CF16D.png
    8C0BCBA8-C911-4BF9-AFBB-A1B9B01CF16D.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread