MGW Shifter?

Lord Warlock

Established Member
the mgw will shorten the throw, and will adjust to give you better reach for the stick instead of throwing your shoulder out trying to find 5th or reverse. 6th is still tricky even with the MGW shifter. As far as feel goes, the mgw feels like the gate is tighter, and the spring tends to put the shifter in line with 3rd gear on the 2-3 shift, but it never fixed the horrendous feel of the t56 6spd, at least not in mine. But in my case it could just be the tranny itself....which is in the shop getting a rebuild right now.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Installin' the MGW orange is cake...very simple...took me a an hour...hardest part was takin' the trim off, lol...

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Installin' the MGW orange is cake...very simple...took me a an hour...hardest part was takin' the trim off, lol...

cobramike2003

Established Member
Im trying to buy the MGW shifter, but ther out of stock. There not sure when they will be in. I think I might go with the steeda.

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
Actually the stock shiter design is not bad. The only thing an aftermarket shifter will do is shorten the throw. It will not improve the shifter action one bit.

Ummm, not true. Surprised ^ was said.
The MGW, unlike stocker, is spring loaded to third/fourth gate. Makes for easier gear placement from second to third gear shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread