MGW shifter?

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys,

i know its been forever going with this thing but rest assured we are still in constant production.

we ran into a delay...

i tried my best to utilize the factory inner boot with my shifter but it really is not a good design with the reverse lockout feature. it binds up and even with the stock shifter in my boss302 it can bind. i have a new boot being molded now. the mold is done and they are working on getting them run. i will have them in about 3-4 weeks. i will have all the shifter parts in before then so i may just offer the first run group guys the option of getting it in and just putting the boot on later. its really not a big deal.

ALL the machined components to the shifter except for the top shaft handle are done and either at the platers or already back and getting laser engraved. pics WILL come by end of next week!!!

george

george.arnold

Established Member
Take your time George. We all know you're gonna get it perfect. Can't wait for the production models. I'll be ordering mine as soon as you get them on the website.

wbt

Banned
Hey guys,

i know its been forever going with this thing but rest assured we are still in constant production.

we ran into a delay...

i tried my best to utilize the factory inner boot with my shifter but it really is not a good design with the reverse lockout feature. it binds up and even with the stock shifter in my boss302 it can bind. i have a new boot being molded now. the mold is done and they are working on getting them run. i will have them in about 3-4 weeks. i will have all the shifter parts in before then so i may just offer the first run group guys the option of getting it in and just putting the boot on later. its really not a big deal.

ALL the machined components to the shifter except for the top shaft handle are done and either at the platers or already back and getting laser engraved. pics WILL come by end of next week!!!

george

Something has been in flux for months....

Credibility is waning based on this date and that.

Recommendation....

Never post a date and just state it is in development. When you have a solid date for RTS then post it. You are killing your own business/market here...

There are several other shifters on the market that are getting rave reviews. You need to be a differentiator and offer something never seen that changes the game otherwise it is a waste of time and money for the consumer.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Something has been in flux for months....

Credibility is waning based on this date and that.

Recommendation....

Never post a date and just state it is in development. When you have a solid date for RTS then post it. You are killing your own business/market here...

There are several other shifters on the market that are getting rave reviews. You need to be a differentiator and offer something never seen that changes the game otherwise it is a waste of time and money for the consumer.

i totally respect your opinion and i agree that this thing has taken much longer than i suspected. but i am pretty confident that our reputation is not at stake here or our business / market.

we have ALWAYS been last to the party and always take longer to bring a shifter to market. but after the dust settles we come out on top.

one of the other things that i guess has not been stated is that our gt500 market and 2005-2010 mustang shifter market is ALWAYS on backorder and we are juggling getting this new product to market while still trying to sell current offerings!!

george

JL-KA

Established Member
I'm not sure that's something I'd tell customers lol. I know it shows that there's a demand for your product because it's good but it also shows that you can't meet that demand and that they're going to have to wait for the product.

cobra1718

Established Member
you guys busting MGW lay off. There is a reason his product hasnt been produced. He and his company wanted it right with no issues. those of you making negative comments probably have never owned a MGW shifter. If so you would know that MGW makes THE best shifter period. why are they in short supply, backordered? see above

realaxed83

Established Member
I have a feeling it is going to be great, hopefully I am not wrong. I have personally never had an mgw but I have everything else so I am gonna give it a try to see what all the hype is about. I know the mustang community is pretty harsh so when so many people rant and rave over the great quality of a product that has to say something. I don't mind waiting as long as the finished product is worth it. I am pulling for you George.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Anyone who has worked in manufacturing knows how difficult it is to produce a product on the dot!!! You either get critiqued for not presenting an ETA time, or doing so and being late... I am willing to wait on a product with such high quality and willing to test the product before releasing!!!

Keep it up MGW!!

JB2012

Established Member
I actually do work in manufacturing, and know very well the PITA that scheduled dates can be. But I also know that it's often worse for you if you promise a date and miss it.

I mean no disrespect to George and MGW, I would just really love to see a picture of what he's been working on! Whet the appetite, so to speak.

JB2012

Established Member
Mid July if all goes to plan. They are waiting on some rubber boots to be molded and some design specific springs.

Makes you wonder how all the other guys started shipping product so fast...

As far as I know, the MGW is the only one that has a new shifter boot, right? That means George changed enough of the design that the stock one won't fit anymore. I'm starting to get really excited about this, sounds like a hell of a lot of engineering went into the design.

rpmr6

Established Member
Hey guys,

i tried my best to utilize the factory inner boot with my shifter

george

Inner boot being the Rubber dust boot that goes around the shifter and seals it from the elements to a degree. As for the shift boot i think it will be reusing the factory one that you see now in the awesome gray(?) leatherette look :) im just saying is all incase there was a missunderstanding of which boot you will be getting :)
Lets hope this ships SOON :)

fordrevhead

Established Member
yeah I like the stock shifter handle actually and the throw is not bad but sit in your car in the garage with it not running and the car door open, push in the clutch and run it through the gears. Holly linkage noises. That's awful! Would an aftermarket shifter void any warranty of a clutch/pressure plate/syncho issue? I can see some fights coming.

hand-filer

Established Member
Makes you wonder how all the other guys started shipping product so fast...

As far as I know, the MGW is the only one that has a new shifter boot, right? That means George changed enough of the design that the stock one won't fit anymore. I'm starting to get really excited about this, sounds like a hell of a lot of engineering went into the design.

I think it will be worth the wait; a complete engineered package rather than 1/2 of a package.

Users who are viewing this thread