MGW shifter?

Ordie

Established Member
cars been out almost 2 years.. I had to get a shifter. I decided I couldn't wait any longer for MGW to catch up..... sorry.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
honestly (and im sure ill be bitched out for this)...its a shifter. Ive had a few different mustangs and have used steeda, mgw, and pro 5.0. All are good. None was better than the other to be that much more expensive. Im sure its gonna be great....but at the same time not a big deal for the wait and cost it will probably be. no offence, im sure it sounds harsh, but this isnt a set of heads

JB2012

Established Member
honestly (and im sure ill be bitched out for this)...its a shifter. Ive had a few different mustangs and have used steeda, mgw, and pro 5.0. All are good. None was better than the other to be that much more expensive. Im sure its gonna be great....but at the same time not a big deal for the wait and cost it will probably be. no offence, im sure it sounds harsh, but this isnt a set of heads

I think you have a point...except for what we're hearing is that MGW isn't just coming out with a shifter, but a whole new shifter bowl assembly. At the moment I agree with you, but I'm willing to wait and see what they come out with because of all the transmission issues people have been having. If this works, it may be worth a little more than just a shorter shifter. Just my $0.02

mouser

Thank you George, you did it this time!!!! I just got my new MGW 2011 Mustang shifter what a piece of art and engineering!!!! I can't wait to install it. I had ordered mine on August 29th and I just got it today, November 7, 2011. It was certainly worth the wait. I had ordered type "H" from another source and had waited from April 2, 2011 to August 28th and when I saw the video and the quality that this piece had I called and cancelled immediately because of the quality difference and the application difference. Type "H" does not have a new box and comes with a telltale LED light system to tell when you are in reverse because the first and reverse gates are so close and they told me at the "H" tech line the LED light is optional. I don't need the person's bumper behind me in my trunk, "thank you" mr. "H"!!!! I will resume this again after my install and post .more info!!!! Thanks again George and also Julie at the phones for all the time and effort she put into this. mouser

phack

Established Member
Got mine installed yesterday. Love it so far. More rifle bolt, less lawn mower like transmission slop. Shift effort has increased considerably but so it seems to be par for the course with short throws. All I know is that now I can shift without worrying about missing gears!

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
paid for mine weeks ago. still hasnt showed up. it was suppose to ship out back in october

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
paid for mine weeks ago. still hasnt showed up. it was suppose to ship out back in october

i REALLY appreciate your patience!!! we will have ALL the second batch shipped by thursday i have been doing them all day since i got back.

just to clarify you said you paid for it weeks ago...we have NOT charged ANYBODY's card until the DAY it ships!!

george

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i REALLY appreciate your patience!!! we will have ALL the second batch shipped by thursday i have been doing them all day since i got back.

just to clarify you said you paid for it weeks ago...we have NOT charged ANYBODY's card until the DAY it ships!!

george

i have no problem with waiting, i passed up the Barton shifter for months waiting on the MGW piece. i was just hoping it was already shipped out a few weeks ago when i got the call about it. i'm sure it will be as good as the previous 3 MGW shifters i have owned and well worth the wait

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Update on the price? (skimmed through the thread, but didn't notice one listed.)

BRNG ITT

Established Member
George,

Any inside info on when the next batch might be ready to ship? I find myself checking my phone quite regularly everyday just to make sure I didn't miss any important calls.;-)

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread