Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association... Mid-Atlantic guys check this out...

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Mid-Atlantic Cobra guys check this out...

To all who are interested, the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association (or MACA)is now officially taking members.

For those of you who live in the Mid-Atlantic region, but haven't been keeping up with the threads in the Mid-Atlantic forum, here are some links to the past events (some threads include video and/or pictures; usually at the end of the threads):

1st Meet/Cruise
2nd Meet/Cruise
3rd Meet/Cruise/Track event at MIR

Here are a few informational threads as well, so you may track the development of the club, if you wish:

First Mid-Atlantic Cobra club meeting...
Mid-Atlantic Cobras come on in.......
Mid Atlantic Cobra Owners Club?

Every event that we have done has had an attendance level at least double of the previous event, but usually more. Events that we have done in the past have gathered as many as 35+ Cobra owners. There are currently approximately 27 official members (I receive emails every day) and we are looking to grow as much as possible.

If you are in the Mid-Atlantic region (MD, VA, DE, NJ, PA) and would like to be a member of a wonderful group of guys all tied together by our general love and enthusiasm for our Cobras, then join us! There are no membership dues and no demanding requirements... Just show up and have fun! :thumbsup:

In fact, if you want to meet us, we are having 3 informal meetings this weekend:
Friday, October 22 - Test and Tune at Capitol Raceway (Crofton, MD)
Saturday, October 23/24 - MIR Fun Ford Weekend (Mechanicsville, MD)
Sunday, October 24 - SVTOA Catoctin Mountain Cruise (Frederick, MD; this is an SVTOA event, but we are attending it as a group)

Here are just a few pictures of some of our past events...
Cruise25r.jpg

Cruise16r.jpg

Cruise24r.jpg

MACAmtg033r.jpg

MACAmtg017r.jpg

MACAmtg004r.jpg

DCP_1003r.jpg

Mirror.gif

ba58cb27.gif

mike2r.jpg

mike1r.jpg

2 videos from past events:
2nd MACA Meet/Cruise
3rd MACA Meet/Cruise/Track Video

If you would like to become a member, or would simply like to stay involved with how MACA is progressing, or keep informed on events we are planning, send your information to me at [email protected] in the following format:

Title, First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, E-mail Address, SVTPerformance Member Name

We are currently trying to secure a forum of our own (similar to that of Motor City Terminators), but until then check the "Mid-Atlantic" forum of SVTPerformance for updates and/or information.

On behalf of the other members of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association, I look forward to hearing from a few new members!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

definitely a great time Sean. Can't wait for this weekend.

It is amazing to see 30+ cobra's cruising around town and the looks on peoples faces. We need to watch out though, we might be charged for giving people whiplash. :thumbsup:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
For you Cobra owners in the Mid Atlantic region, the MACA is a great way to hang out with other Snakes for drag days, cruises, dyno days (Amazon Racing is a club sponsor) and other GTG's. Great bunch of guys/gals and some stompin Cobras!

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I def want to meet up with you guys before the year is out. Hope I can make it to one of these, but they are all like 2 hours away from DE where I am. I'll have to see... Maybe at cap

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
sorry I missed the meet, hopefully I will get a day off before the new year.

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
I can create a distribution list so if you email for example [email protected] it can copy everyone I entered into the distribution list. I have strong spam filters in place at the domain level so you won't get spammed.

If it sounds like a good idea pic a username like [email protected] or [email protected]

I can't change the domain without spending some $$ but I don't think anyone will have a problem with it?

If interested lets decide on the username and then have everyone PM me their email address or better yet I could have Sean send me the list he has.

IronTerp

Originally posted by Derek@AmazonRacing
who was the big tall goofy guy? in the blurry picture?
Finally someone bigger, taller, goofier than me.....Oh, sorry Rick.......

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yeah, and I thought Dwight was tall when I met him....

Jay, remember me from Cecil? I know from DE it is a hike to some of the previous GTG's but keep an eye out for some future GTG's we are talking about having, Amazon Racing(Dyno Day), Cecil County Dragway(track rental), just to name a few. Also, let us know when the Whipple is going on, I'd love to come hang out at the shop.

Ken

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Yeah, I remember ya. I'm gonna try to get down this friday at Cap, but never a way to know for sure. I'll post up when whipple is goin on. Hope to see some of yall there for that adventure...

Dolemite

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
Finally someone bigger, taller, goofier than me.....Oh, sorry Rick.......

Be thankful, if you guys look at me in the picture I am in the same spot that I was in my Kindergarden class picture. ( the front row)

The shortest guy in the front row

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Hey fellas...

Had 4 more people send me their information today, so we're growing pretty well. However, there are a few "original members" who still have yet to send me their information. Get it to me whenever you get the chance.

Did everyone get all the emails I sent? I especially want to make sure that everyone got the one about our signatures... Also want to make sure my list is up to date...

Again, if you would like to be kept up to date about MACA, please send me your information at [email protected] and I will be sure to add you to the mailing list. Please provide the following information:

Title, First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, E-mail Address, SVTPerformance Member Name

Thanks again guys... Keep the emails coming!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Just got quite a few more of Scott's wonderful pictures... And it's official as far as I'm concerned... Scott = Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association's Official Photographer... Until someone challenges you that is :-D

Check out the 3rd event's (MIR track event) pictures in the following slide shows:
MIR Slideshow (1024x768)
MIR Slideshow (800x600)

A few choice pictures from the day:
MACAMIR003r.jpg

MACAMIR001r.jpg

MACAMIR006r.jpg

MACAMIR011r.jpg

MACAMIR013r.jpg

MACAMIR014r.jpg

MACAMIR016r.jpg

MACAMIR019r.jpg

MACAMIR020r.jpg

MACAMIR039r.jpg

Awesome times.... Even though we had to change a half-shaft and someone broke a clutch....

Hey J.R..... Remember the MIR strobes? Haha, good times! :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Just added 25 more pictures to each slideshow, courtesy of Scott....

Here's one cool one:
MACAMIR043r.jpg

It really was an awesome time fellas :thumbsup:

IronTerp

The MIR drag day was a great event! Ended up with 28 Cobras and RAWSNK8 was able to get us our own parking area as can be seen in the above pictures. GOT to do this one again in the spring!!!

And Sniperfox...anytime you want to come up for one of our events, we'll welcome you with open arms! We have a couple of members from Fredericksburg, Va you could caravan up with!

Last edited:

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
I might take you up on that sometime. You folks should come down here to the outer banks and enjoy some southern hospitality.:beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
The MIR drag day was a great event! Ended up with 28 Cobras and RAWSNK8 was able to get us our own parking area as can be seen in the above pictures. GOT to do this one again in the spring!!!

And Sniperfox...anytime you want to come up for one of our events, we'll welcome you with open arms! We have a couple of members from Fredericksburg, Va you could caravan up with!

*cough Dwight-fix-your-sig cough*

:thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Sniperfox
You guys should expand down into NC.:idea:

Originally posted by Sniperfox
I might take you up on that sometime. You folks should come down here to the outer banks and enjoy some southern hospitality.:beer:

Sounds good to me man... I was actually thinking that we could make an entire weekend "MACA Beach Weekend" where all the guys go to the beach and hang out for the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). All our girlfriends/fiancees/wives could commiserate about our obsession (Cobras) and we could do nothing but drink and hang out on the beach all day...

Just a thought, I think it would be awesome. We'd all cruise to whichever beach we go to together and that could be anywhere from the Jersey shore to the Outer Banks, in my opinion. What do you all think? This could be one of the major events next spring/summer.

And Sniperfox, if you're not doing anything this weekend, come on up to MIR (it's pretty far south in Maryland). Fun Ford is October 23/24. Just a thought man...

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread