Midnight Madness racing.....AR meet>>memphis 24June

2000_LS1

Banned
Where/when was it? It may have been Chris' or Joseph's or maybe mine...I doubt mine unless it was about a year ago when I lived in LR.

Maybe I'll be up and running by the 24th...depends on parts and that sux

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
It was a couple months ago....nice guys.....go to the video/pics part of the fourm and do a search for little rock videos...we are all on that video....I think it was just a z28 not a ss

PS I will bring my call hauler for the LS1 group :dw:

Last edited:

OrgasmicSVT

Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
Yea...he has got an MR2 or something like that now. Maybe it's a Nissan 240. It's been awhile and can't remember.

He is my uncle and he had a 240 now it's another MR2. Also Jeff at TNC dose great rear end work :lol:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Evan, I called around today and found a place here local for me (Carlisle) that is going to set my gears up for me for $150. I have heard that he is pretty good and he used to work for Superior Springs a few years ago. He has his own shop in here now. Although, I'm not sure when I will get them set up now. My beater left me walking today. Truely a sad sad day. Gotta drive the gas drinking stang every day now. I have to get my oldsmobile fixed soon. I'm thinking fuel pump, but not sure yet.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Thanks for the info on TNC guys. I checked out the website and I'm gonna call them Friday to see what they can do for me. Hopefully the labor quote won't be so high!

Christian, sorry to hear about that man. I may be interested in possibly using the guy you'd be using for the install, if he's willing to cut me a deal on the labor like you, if you don't mind finding out for me! $325 is alot, I've already spent $280 on set and kit. I'm gonna check out TNC and see what they say. The gears/install kit/speedcal won't be in until mid next week. Can't wait!

Keep us updated on the 24th, I'm asking a sh!tload of people this weekend if they want to go, and already have some friends interested. Are we gonna try and plan something for the rest of that weekend?

:-D

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Christian, sorry to hear about that man. I may be interested in possibly using the guy you'd be using for the install, if he's willing to cut me a deal on the labor like you, if you don't mind finding out for me! $325 is alot, I've already spent $280 on set and kit. I'm gonna check out TNC and see what they say. The gears/install kit/speedcal won't be in until mid next week. Can't wait!

Thats not cutting a deal. Thats the standard price. I have learned of a couple of guys here that do pretty good work for a reasonable price. I'm hoping if all goes well with my oldsmobile, I can still afford to get the stang tricked out a little bit. I will get you his number tomorrow when I go to check on my car if you are interested.

What kind of gears did you end up getting? I got a set of motive gears (3.73) and the install kit for $167.

Last edited:

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Red35thGT said:
Thats not cutting a deal. Thats the standard price. I have learned of a couple of guys here that do pretty good work for a reasonable price. I'm hoping if all goes well with my oldsmobile, I can still afford to get the stang tricked out a little bit. I will get you his number tomorrow when I go to check on my car if you are interested.

What kind of gears did you end up getting? I got a set of motive gears (3.73) and the install kit for $167.

The IRS might run a little more anyway, i'm not sure though... :D

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Red35thGT said:

Cool, thanks. Let him know that it's a 99 cobra, if the IRS may be pricier. I'm calling TNC today and seeing what they say. I got FRPP 4.10s for $189 new and the installation kit for $89. They should both be here by mid next week, along with the speedcal. I'm going to have them put in after next week, depending on what price I find best. I don't want a crappy install.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
AzianStang said:
Cool, thanks. Let him know that it's a 99 cobra, if the IRS may be pricier. I'm calling TNC today and seeing what they say. I got FRPP 4.10s for $189 new and the installation kit for $89. They should both be here by mid next week, along with the speedcal. I'm going to have them put in after next week, depending on what price I find best. I don't want a crappy install.

Damn. I forgot all about it being IRS. I picked up my oldsmobile from him today and I asked him about doing an install for you and he did say that $150 was the price. The place is Keiths auto repair. 870-552-7300. It will be middle of next week before he can get to mine. I'm anxious about it. It will be like a new car. I will have to learn to drive all over again. (not that I was any good with what I already had) lol

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I just need to find a decent price before the stuff comes in. I didn't have time to call TNC today. I might try calling them tomorrow or Monday. I'd just hate to bring it somewhere and have a crappy install. I wouldn't have a problem spending more for an install I feel would be good.

So anyway, what are you guys doing this weekend??? :shrug:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
AzianStang said:
I just need to find a decent price before the stuff comes in. I didn't have time to call TNC today. I might try calling them tomorrow or Monday. I'd just hate to bring it somewhere and have a crappy install. I wouldn't have a problem spending more for an install I feel would be good.

So anyway, what are you guys doing this weekend??? :shrug:

Saturday, I am going to help Travis do some moving, but after we are finished, I may be up for some cruising.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Red35thGT said:
Saturday, I am going to help Travis do some moving, but after we are finished, I may be up for some cruising.

Or at least yall could meet us to eat somewhere!!! Did you ever get my pm :shrug: ??? I guess you dont need it now though. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread