Midnight Madness racing.....AR meet>>memphis 24June

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
If ya wanna save the $$$ I can still come up...for some beer...

I wish i needed gears... :burnout:

Do you do stalls??? :p

I can buy quite a bit of beer. :beer:

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Glad you guys came out last night! Can't wait till Friday.

2000_LS1, are you able to install gears pretty well? My set and install kit are coming in this week and I need to make a decision on where I'm getting everything installed.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah I dont know who those guys were but man those trucks are fast....wink..wink...

Hey this friday i think we are going to meet at 630 at the normal spot....

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I will be in north arkansas for work thursday and friday. I should be back in town on friday at around 8:00 or so, I can try to get my car and meet you guys in memphis though.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
Evan you should have come out to that place we were at....lots of fun....
I heard the cops liked it out there too... :fart: :lol: :beer:

Sorry we ran off so fast from Lubys, but i really dont need a ticket for loitering :whine: .

Evan, nice meeting you and you have an AWESOME car :rockon: .

Yall have fun in Memphis. Take some pics and VIDS. :D :pop:

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
jdrake19 said:
I heard the cops liked it out there too... :fart: :lol: :beer:

Sorry we ran off so fast from Lubys, but i really dont need a ticket for loitering :whine: .

Evan, nice meeting you and you have an AWESOME car :rockon: .

Yall have fun in Memphis. Take some pics and VIDS. :D :pop:

Thanks, man. So do you! I wish you guys could have showed up a little earlier, that parking lot was literally completely filled with about 200 people around 1030. I haven't seen that many people out yet this year.

I'm buying wheels/tires/springs this week, hopefully can get them installed next week. Who could help me out with the H&R install, and do you guys know anyone who would mount and balance these wheels and tires for cheap?

Christian, let me know about that guy doing your 3.73s and if and when he'd be available next week.

How long are we staying in Memphis anyway?

WE NEED TO PLAN SOMETHING FOR THIS SATURDAY! :beer:

Last edited:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
The State Trooper was a friend of mine...no prob......No cops showed up at the other spot ...but we left around 145 so who knows after that.....
Evan...........I can help with the springs but i dont have a place to do it.....we Can ask Michael I dont think he will mind helping us plus he has the tool to do it....on the tires there is a place in Bryant that will do it.....They only charged us 65$ to mount and blance the wheels and tires for Mirandas Z71......I think it called Fought tire....call me about details......The only thing i have planned for this week is going to searcy to get a set of traction bars for the L....I am just staying to race....coming home after the races are over......
Saturday there is acar show in Malvern..Brick Fest.....there is allways nice cars there.....we could make a trip to malvern and then come back to LR to hang out.....I think the car show is over @300 that afternoon........

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Cheyenne, I don't get off work till 11pm M-F. If you want to call me, you can anytime before 230pm. Yeah check out what tire place that was and keep me updated. I usually know someone that works in a tire shop, but not anymore... :(

Just ordered the Black Bullitts with chrome lip, 18x9 up front and 18x10 deep dish in the back. Also got the H&R Super Sports. I'm calling my tire distributor guy about getting some Nitto 555's up front and the Nitto DRs in the back. :rolling:

Speedcal came in, I'll definitely need help on that install! Still waiting on gears and installation kit... :dw:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Here is the info about the tire center.....Fought tire center brayant 501 847 4447....if you take the bryant exit....take a right on to reynolds re.....it is just past the movie gallery.......it is across from auto zone.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
AzianStang said:
Cool, thanks. Let him know that it's a 99 cobra, if the IRS may be pricier. I'm calling TNC today and seeing what they say. I got FRPP 4.10s for $189 new and the installation kit for $89. They should both be here by mid next week, along with the speedcal. I'm going to have them put in after next week, depending on what price I find best. I don't want a crappy install.

Evan, got the gears installed today. He did a really good job. they don't make any noise at all. They are a lot quieter than the ones that another guy put in for me in January. After driving the car, I am kind of wishing that I had gone with 4.10's though. But definately noticed a big difference. I'm going to be out of town until friday night, so if you have any questions, give me a call. 501.231.9256.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Cheyenne, I thought that you might like to see pics of this. I finally was able to snap a few shots of chucks work in progress. The 460 turbo in the 1990 lx body. This should be pretty crazy.

100_2215.jpg
100_2212.jpg

100_2214.gif

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Red35thGT said:
Evan, got the gears installed today. He did a really good job. they don't make any noise at all. They are a lot quieter than the ones that another guy put in for me in January. After driving the car, I am kind of wishing that I had gone with 4.10's though. But definately noticed a big difference. I'm going to be out of town until friday night, so if you have any questions, give me a call. 501.231.9256.

That's awesome, man, I was hoping this guy could do a good install. So could he do the same with my 4.10s on an IRS? Same price? If you can, ask him if he'd be able to do it next Wednesday preferably, because it's the only day I'm off. I'm also needing help installing my Speedcal, I hate dealing with wires...

How many of you would be able to help install my springs? I need to ask Travis about the shop possibly for two Fridays from now, would anyone be able to help? The wheels and springs will be in next week. I may get the wheels and tires mounted sometime middle of next week and hopefully get the springs done sometime during the weekend, provided I have help! Next week's gonna be a busy one for me...

So are we gonna see you Friday?

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
So are we gonna see you Friday?

Things are not going as planned at work, so it looks like there is a strong possibility that I will be stuck here through Saturday afternoon. Keep fingers crossed that things go better tomorrow and I am able to accomplish a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread