Mileage 2011 Shelby Gt500

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If you haven't changed tires or gear ratio from stock, there is no need to change those parameters in the user menu. Your rev per mile data and gear ratio are imbedded in the VID block. The tune is not going to change the VID block data.

OP, just how many miles do you think you should have?

This isn't always true.

On my 2008 Mustang GT 4.6L, the mpg was always too low. I discovered that I was driving more miles then the odometer was registering, and the speedometer was reading too slow.

Fast forward a few months:

I bought a CAI and Diablo tuner from Bama, properly set the rev per mile and gear ratio in the "options" menu, and everything was fixed. The digital read out and speedometer were dead on.

In the end, I discovered that Ford had shipped my car with standard tuning for the 3.31 gear, but my car had the optional 3.55 gear ratio. Ford makes mistakes.

Last edited:

sikryd

Established Member
If you haven't changed tires or gear ratio from stock, there is no need to change those parameters in the user menu. Your rev per mile data and gear ratio are imbedded in the VID block. The tune is not going to change the VID block data.

OP, just how many miles do you think you should have?

I have not changed tires or gears from the stock SVT package that came with the car. I don't know how many miles I should have, but 10,000 in 10 months in Hawaii just seems really really high. This is not my only car either, I have a truck and bike that I use as well.

Users who are viewing this thread