MileHiDyno GP II...SVT Gauges and SOS pods

mystic04

Established Member
Just as a note i just installed my oil sending unit on sunday and found i need to get a 1/8 female npt to 1/4male npt adaptor to make it fit down next to the oil filter ( when you remove the plug oil willl come out so be carefull ). hope this helps somebody out. Now all i have to do is run the wires to the pillar and make my connection under the dash quick question after i pull the pillar off has anybody had a lot trouble fishing the wires up from the floor any tips would be great.the connectors are kinda large to fish. i also use the crossover tube for the water temp sensor i got from a board member here it worked great do it cold and it take under 2 minutes to get done not water loss .pepboys number 43100 brass tite

Last edited:

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
FYI, I have responded back to everyone so far that has sent me a PM about the gauges. Let me know if I missed anyone. I will be placing the first round of orders this Wed.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Wow that is sweet, all matching. :coolman:

Factory boost 15 max? wow did ford give you a freak? :lol:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
67scstang said:
FYI, I have responded back to everyone so far that has sent me a PM about the gauges. Let me know if I missed anyone. I will be placing the first round of orders this Wed.
Get me in on that order! :pepper: Money sent to Scott (sambandit)! :thumbsup:

Thanks MileHi!

mystic04

Established Member
67scstang said:
Thanks for the info. I will work on getting those fittings in the kit as well.
No problem Paul glad i am able to help other's being they have helped me with info at times. hope to take a few pics latter today to show the gauges just have to make the wire connections in the fuse box tonight.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Just wanted to give a heads up to all:

I learned of a potential problem one can encounter when installing these Speedhut gauges in the SOS pillar. The gauges are provided with wire leads which terminate in a Molex-type connector. There is most likely NOT room for this connector between the pillar frame and the unibody. The best approach would be to leave the connector inside the gauge pod, resting behind the gauge itself. There should be plenty of room.

I haven't worked with these gauges in person, and plan to order at least one so I can experiment with it in the shop.

Paul, I know you did your install from the photographs. How did you handle this?

I know a lot of these pillars went out on the first GP and this is the only instance of this problem that has been brought to my attention. I'm glad the customer reached me and shared this. It is always good to know what *can* happen before you get started on any project.

Any questions on this or otherwise, I'm easy to find.

Alan

mystic04

Established Member
First off i was the one who had the problem trying to install the SOS pillar i broke off the top clip . Alan being the Gentleman he is is sending me another after i called him and asked about how to get the botton clip to clip in just wouldn't go for me. then movign it around i must have caught the top clip on something off it came. well one night in the bag and plenty mad too . all i had left was to install the pillar and make 2 connections and i was done, but no with my luck something has to go wrong like always (am sure i am not the only one this happens to but it sure feels like i am the only one it happens to something easy and it has to go wrong ) Anyhow i send some pics to Alan so he can see the connector on the speed hut gauges and have a better idea of how to run the wires. After i spoke to Alan i tried to put the cable and connectors inside the gauge holders it will go in but you may have to open the hole up some Dremmel works great for this by the way with small sanding pad not a round disk type.hope this helps some other and if you got some tips on how to snap the pillar back in please drop me a pm or post up . Thanks to alan he is sending me a new pillar for a few pics i owe you one alan next time your in philly it's off to pats or one of the other good places for a cheesteak or whatever you like. :beer: This is customer service at it's best. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
It's my pleasure to help, Gary. Hopefully some here can attest when there's a problem with one of our "babies", it's not taken lightly, ever.

You're right, a dremel makes quick work of opening the wire holes in the pods. I make a habit of pulling the wiring through the pod first, then fishing the wire to the appropriate locations under the dash, behind the instrument panel, or in the engine compartment. An Autometer fuel psi gauge connector is another similar example.

Hopefully some of you guys can chime in and we can get Gary fixed up and ready to go so his new pillar will be a plug-and-play affair when it arrives.

Oh, and I'm nowhere near allergic to cheesesteaks, so that's a deal! :beer:

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
We pulled the wires through first.Then, we just kept the wiring behind the gauge in the pod, plenty of room, no problems at all. Sorry to hear about your problem, it seem to always happen when your almost done!! Glad to hear Alan took care of you!!

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I'm all hooked up now! :rockon:

Alan's SOS Gauge Pod and "two" MileHi Gauges (water temp. & fuel pressure). I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

mystic04

Established Member
As a i sent a pm to alan this morning i'll take care of him in another way and No it's a not a hooker to show up at his house :) well it could be.:)
And thanks to you all for sending in ideas being a novice and new to this i was taking my time doing the install but as nomal low and behold something went wrong.but wiht all you guy's help i'll get it worked out and fixed now tha ti hav ea better idea of how to run wires. first time is always the worst live and learn for the next one.

mystic04

Established Member
alanw6 said:
It's my pleasure to help, Gary. Hopefully some here can attest when there's a problem with one of our "babies", it's not taken lightly, ever.

You're right, a dremel makes quick work of opening the wire holes in the pods. I make a habit of pulling the wiring through the pod first, then fishing the wire to the appropriate locations under the dash, behind the instrument panel, or in the engine compartment. An Autometer fuel psi gauge connector is another similar example.

Hopefully some of you guys can chime in and we can get Gary fixed up and ready to go so his new pillar will be a plug-and-play affair when it arrives.

Oh, and I'm nowhere near allergic to cheesesteaks, so that's a deal! :beer:
i can look into having a few sent down your way . sure you can reheat them .

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
mystic04 said:
As a i sent a pm to alan this morning i'll take care of him in another way and No it's a not a hooker to show up at his house :) well it could be.:)

That's awful generous, but the wife would likely blow a gasket. LOL

Your damaged pillar could probably be repaired, but we're not there to do it so a replacement makes better sense for this instance. It happens, and sucks when it does, but as you say these cars often provide many learning experiences along the way.

Thanks to all of you who offered your advice to Gary and got him squared away. We're getting his new pillar into paint/assembly today, and it's on the way to Philly. I believe the 2nd time will be a charm for him.

mystic04

Established Member
Ok well i got everything hooked up and running tonight all wired and working looks great to in the dark i'll post soem pics as soon as i get the SOS pilar installed hopefully firday. Thansk to all who helped me on this and big thanks to Alan for his great service.

mystic04

Established Member
Ok thanks to Alan and his Great service i got the new pillar today and it installed in 2
minutes after i ran a few wires The Gauges look great in the dark also .Another big thank you to Alan for his great service !!!!!!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
When are these gauges shipping? I sent you a pm but haven't heard back yet. I just wanted to get a tracking # if possible. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread