Mini Cooper S Turbo vs 2004 Cobra callout....

quik cobra

Established Member
So this guy I work with, well sorta work with has challenged me to race his Mini Cooper S......for $50. He wants to race from a dig and go 2 miles. At first I thought he was kidding but he got butt hurt at me when I started talking shit until I figured out he was serious. Don't know what year, but its got to be a newer one because its turbo, I guess I know absolutely nothing about these cars. He also said it has an upgraded turbo. Now I'm not worried about racing him (win or lose) or the $50, but this kid is annoying as all hell. Should I do it just to show him or just ignore him. Funny thing though, after a few minutes of him whinning and crying about me talking shit, I told I will drive the Cobra tomorrow and we can settle it, his car all the sudden is in the shop getting a tune up or some crap. Anyway should I waste my gas on this or just let him think his Mini is a beast of all beasts.

And yes he gave me the vampire look while working, when we first started talking about this.

stroked mach

Established Member
it better have one big ass turbo bc them cars are turds I have seen plenty with the blowers and are slow as hell, but they do handle great

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
4625503_std.jpg

Smoke 'em

Two 5.0s

Established Member
I had a Cooper S as a dd for a few months. They're not that fast. You could probably beat him in reverse. I say give him an ass whoopin.

confused

Closet Mopar guy
Established Member
Not worth the ticket.Give him a few car lengths and the hit doing a 40-120 sprint and suck the paint off of it.

dead man walkin

Established Member
2 mile race?? Wtf? What did he rent out an international airport? What does he think aerodynamics are going to help him?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Maybe he is thinking he can beat you over such a long distance if A) Your motor seizes from an extended high speed pull... in which case lol, he outsmarted you. B) You haven't tuned out your rev limiter and he is hoping to catch you after you hit it...

LOL... or he is just dumb, or he thinks you're dumb and is toying with you.

matt87

Established Member
they are 14 sec cars, even modded whats it gonna run? 13s? just pull a few bus lenghts om him, he;ll get the message way before 2 miles lol!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
2 miles should allow both cars to reach close to their top speeds? He wants a longer race in the hope he can hang for a while than his turbo gives him a higher top speed at a longer distance. 2 miles through traffic is plain dumb

Last edited:

Whippled3v

Established Member
Give him several cars from the dig, if that's what he wants, but tell him the race is over when he's deafened by the flyby
Easy $50

Users who are viewing this thread