MK2 GTi- Old School V-Dub's

Silver95

Established Member
I don't know if i'm the only one on here who loves these cars but they're becoming extremely appealing to me for reasons other than 1/4 miles times (clearly) I just love the classic look- anyone else into older VW's?

Mk2_Gti_Oak_Green_Metallic.jpg

96 cobra

Established Member
I'm not into the VW scene, but love the older GTI's; they remind you of what makes driving fun.

SnakeForce

Established Member
Nice are those real bbs or replica?i had a Montana green Gti long time they are real fun to drive?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I've had several, most with VR6 swaps. Great cars.

As recent as last year, my daily driver was a MK3 Jetta with a fully forged 2.9 VR6 and a Precision 6262. Had a Borla exhaust that was very tame and a fully stock exterior with the exception of an intercooler peeking out from behind the bumper. Full interior with heat and AC as well. That car definitely surprised a lot of Mustangs and Vettes. :D

Last edited:

Kannif

I'm that guy!
Established Member
Nice man. I'm waiting to find a blown up r and swap in the tdi out of my jetta. Awd, 6spd!!

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
Vdubs are alright until hellaflush came around. Oh and putting fixed gear bikes on the roof. Wtf is up with that? Just about everyone i see now is slammed and has some bs on the roof.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I started in air cooled VW's back home in Cali. My brother and his friends were into them and they were fun cars. He had a 65 Notchback with a 2180cc motor and that thing ripped! So much fun for a little car that weighed nearly nothing.

VR6's, Rabbitt etc, that's not old school. Air cooled type 1's and 3's is where it's at!

Shoeman 1

Established Member
I had a 74 Ghia and 2 MK1 Scirocco's a 76 & 81. The 81 I basically transformed into a GTI, interior, suspension & motor. Great cars, wish I still had both the Ghia & Rocco.

Diamond D

Smooth as Eggs!!!
Established Member
I had a VR6 Golf and a 1.8T years ago in my younger days, it was a fun little car though lol.

1ceb3745.jpg

ebay013-1.jpg

Last edited:

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
Ive built quite a few MK2s, Ive had a 16v, 1.8t swap, 3 VR6s, and a 500hp MK3 VRT

my 20v 1.8T swap from about 5 years ago

img1832t.jpg

VR6 GLI from about 3 years ago

mg7421q.jpg

VR6 coupe from 2 years ago

17833931428808199314511.jpg

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Unfortunately SVTp is more of strictly Mustang enthusiasts, rather than car enthusiasts. While I would never own or do one of these projects I can always appreciate something you don't see every day.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
had one as a daily beater. the car was fun to drive as it was small and nimble, but couldn't get out of it's own way, didn't get great gas mileage, had no features, constantly broke and replacement parts were pricey. i spent more money in fuel pumps then i did on the car itself.

not worth it, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread