MMR oil pan experience

bumsoil

Established Member
I have had the MMR oil pan on my car for about 3 months now. I got under my car for the first time in a while and I can already see lines down the pan from stuff scraping. I was pretty unhappy when I saw how low the pan hung and I have been extremely careful while driving. Yet still seem to be scraping.

Thought i would share this. Just a little warning.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To the OP, we are really sorry to hear that you have scraped your oil pan, unfortunately lowered cars with a MMR, Canton or Moroso pan can suffer from this, this is because one of the ways the manufacturers increase the capacity is by dropping the sump location. Fortunately we rarely here about this and have sold over 2000 oil pans since 2004. In regards to the person stating they had one that did not seal, you are certainly an exception as we have sold thousands of these pans with ZERO issues. We assume however it was taken care of and we apologize for any trouble. All pans are now (and have been for quite some time ) pressure tested prior to delivery to prevent any problems.

Last edited:

bumsoil

Established Member
To the OP, we are really sorry to hear that you have scraped your oil pan, unfortunately lowered cars with a MMR, Canton or Moroso pan can suffer from this, this is because one of the ways the manufacturers increase the capacity is by dropping the sump location. Fortunately we rarely here about this and have sold over 2000 oil pans since 2004. In regards to the person stating they had one that did not seal, you are certainly an exception as we have sold thousands of these pans with ZERO issues. We assume however it was taken care of and we apologize for any trouble. All pans are now (and have been for quite some time ) pressure tested prior to delivery to prevent any problems.

I will say I'm happy that it has not sprung a leak. But I still think I'm going to attempt to get a slid plate welded in soon.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I will say I'm happy that it has not sprung a leak. But I still think I'm going to attempt to get a slid plate welded in soon.

You will not have any problems with it leaking (unless you bottom it out and crack a weld!), the one person that commented he had one that leaked is the only we are aware of out of thousands sold, but like they say, the voice of an unhappy customer is heard louder than those of the happy ones. We certainly apologize that he had that problem but it is the only one we are aware of and it should be no cause for concern. :beer:

We appreciate your business! :beer:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
If it's any consolation to you I used to scrape my Canton oil pan frequently on a Cobra I used to own. Although I must admit that my front end was very low.

CJK440

Established Member
Well, the goal of a deep sump pan is to move the oil down further away from the crank. This results in a pan sump that is closer to the ground than stock. Combined with a real lowered car, its bound to happen.

Its like buying a set of DOT slicks and complaining about wet weather traction. They work great in the application designed for, and may cause issues if not used appropriately.

zpstang96

Established Member
But I still think I'm going to attempt to get a slid plate welded in soon.

I'm looking to do this with my MMR pan too. I expected it to be low so no complaints there. No leaking issues or anything for me. If you end up getting a skid plate please post up on how you got it/installed it! :beer:

Mine ended up being the lowest point on the car

zsWmOiTl.jpg

cobra20500

I have had the MMR oil pan on my car for about 3 months now. I got under my car for the first time in a while and I can already see lines down the pan from stuff scraping. I was pretty unhappy when I saw how low the pan hung and I have been extremely careful while driving. Yet still seem to be scraping.

Thought i would share this. Just a little warning.

My experience with MMR Oil pans is if your car is lowered and its hits a bump, its bound to burst or crack spewing oil. This is the second time it has happen so ive decided to go back to the stock oil pan.

Users who are viewing this thread