MMS Or Full Tilt Derlin Bushings?

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member

sassafras

Established Member
One would think since Bruce's kit is cheaper and he's a vendor here on svtp, this choice should be obvious.

Bruce's Kit = $595

MM : LCA Bushings: $345
UCA Bushings: $197
Subframe Bushings: $50
Differential Bushings: $250
Total: $842

But hey, it's your money............

Slow99x

Established Member
Bruce is a great guy and has a great product. Part of your price is a deposit for the tool needed to install the bushings. I think you get $75 back when you return it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
They will both do essentially the same thing, but Bruce's kit is quite a bit cheaper, and I think the MM doesn't have the machined in grease channels like Bruce's, which is very important for a street driven car. The only thing honestly that I don't like about Bruce's kits are the "flat rate" shipping prices. I went to order just the front and rear mounts for the diff, and The shipping got bumped up to $20, which inmo is excessive for small bushings that could easily fit in a small, flat rate usps box. I know shipping prices have really gone up, but feel that the shipping costs should be determined by "what's being shipped", rather than just by "dollar amount of the purchase". Oh well, just a personal rant...

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
Now that im finally racing my car, the next thing i buy is gonna be the full tilt bushings. all i need is that $600 and im in. Come on side jobs!!!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Bruces kit is bad azz. I installed it last May.....and extremely satisified. His stuff is top of the line, save money go with Bruce you will not be sorry!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Watch these videos of issues with MM UCA bushings before you make your final decision:

FTBR Frequently Asked Questions

MANY people have experienced this!

We will be here when you're ready!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Bruce

I have the MM delrin and noticed how sloppy the UCA bushing fit and noted how the outside of the sleeve would now act as a bearing surface on a very short outer sleeve (UCA hole) :dw: That's was screwed-up so I Gooped them in place and shouldn't turn on the outside surface. If they give up the ghoust I will be dialing 1-800-AC's-upper-bushing supply. I was a bit surprised because MM stuff is generally well engineered :shrug:

Russ

Ratchet

Established Member
Looks like I am gonna have to do this mod as well. Sounds like it does the trick. I installed a Polyurethane bushing kit on the back end of my 03 Vert. I am still getting a far amount of hop on the street and so bad once at the track I though I was going to grenade my rear end... So after the long block and clutch get here I will start saving the coin for this...

Oh, and how does shipping to Canada work for you? I would be paying by money order as well.:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce

I have the MM delrin and noticed how sloppy the UCA bushing fit and noted how the outside of the sleeve would now act as a bearing surface on a very short outer sleeve (UCA hole) :dw: That's was screwed-up so I Gooped them in place and shouldn't turn on the outside surface. If they give up the ghoust I will be dialing 1-800-AC's-upper-bushing supply. I was a bit surprised because MM stuff is generally well engineered :shrug:

Russ

Russ:

It's also very surprising to me MM would put out a product such as this. :dw:

Looks like I am gonna have to do this mod as well. Sounds like it does the trick. I installed a Polyurethane bushing kit on the back end of my 03 Vert. I am still getting a far amount of hop on the street and so bad once at the track I though I was going to grenade my rear end... So after the long block and clutch get here I will start saving the coin for this...

Oh, and how does shipping to Canada work for you? I would be paying by money order as well.:beer:

On our shopping cart there is a choice for "outside the US" shipping. But if you're sending in the order form you will have to contact us with what you want to order for a freight quote.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
MM sells good stuff, and I dealt with them, and they are good guys, they also sell good products overall, but the facts are almost everyone swears buy Bruces kit.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Bruce's kit, with the proper tools, is a breeze to install and the quality is 2nd-to-none!

You mean to tell me that was what's called a "breeze"?

...........felt more like a typhoon with golf ball hail and lightning bolts :uh oh: and that with an arbor press on site :cuss:

One of the very first mods that should be done on an IRS Cobra :banana:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
:D ^^^^

nice analogy :D

it wasnt so hard with some good drill bits & bruce`s removal tool attached to some air tools :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread