Mobile Skin Feedback

Ghostie1

Established Member
1st time user. I like the skin, good match for the full site. I wish we could see subforums without clicking an additional "show subforums" button.

Snagmaster

Established Member
I like it on my I-Phone 4S, I like the dark background/ white lettering contrast as it shows well and is easier to read.

The only problem I can find is that I'll get a pop up but only when posting that shows up and covers the lower portion of the window I'm typing in, I have to hit. "Done" and it will go away then I can keep typing.

It will show up again but I can kill it again, speak of the devil, right now a "the Award Season Event , Jeep" has just shown up, the other one I get is from Hormel chile, oh well, unfortunately I don't know how to access my phone to remove programs as I've picked up one or two that hijack me to a website now and then without warning, sucks

Snagmaster

Established Member
Just got hijacked again, only happens on this site, takes me to " DraftKings", "one day fantasy sports", at draftkings dot com.

I dont think it's your fault so no problem, it their software that's doing it, but it is pissing me off, to contact them through their website they want detailed personal info or the email won't be delivered, I'm about to find a physical address and deliver my concerns, inside a box with a dead rat lol.

BrianH87

Established Member
Not sure if this is mobile or full site, but using HTC Android, every morning at 515 am the site stops working and says "doing important stuff, be right back." I always browse the site when I get ready for work. I can't now.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Not sure if this is mobile or full site, but using HTC Android, every morning at 515 am the site stops working and says "doing important stuff, be right back." I always browse the site when I get ready for work. I can't now.

That's our automated Database back up. we have to close the forum to do it. It typically takes 8-10 mins and starts at 4:15am central.
I had it set at that time in case something went wrong, I'd be up in a short while to look into it. (early risers unite!)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
image.jpg

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I hear ya, I know it's as frustrating for you guys as it is for me. I deal with 5 different ad networks which have tens of thousands of advertisers. We serve tens of millions ads a month, so finding a bad actor is darn near impossible.

Even the screenshot you provided, doesn't really help. Odds are that the advertiser isn't associated with Draft Kings, he's likely taking advantage of an affiliate program, trying to make money for himself. And as long as the CPM cost is low enough on mobile, he can afford to do it, provided his conversion rates are decent enough.

BI plan on spending some time in the next week or two going through the ad networks and will probably eliminate one or two from the mobile inventory. I also plan on raising our CPM floor, that should weed out some of the guys that are doing shady stuff.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Like the mobile interface overall. Couple of improvements would be the small quote reply buttons, large FB icon at top is unnecessary, and it'd be nice if subforums automatically expanded. When you click on terminator the next page is just the one bar, which you have to click again to expand. There's no reason to keep it collapsed by default imo.

Like I said it is great overall and doesn't compromise much at all compared to the full site.

stangn

Established Member
I know your working on pop ups but I'm tired of fighting this every time I try to visit.

Don't know how much more before I delete this site!

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator

Users who are viewing this thread