Mod the Cobra or Sell it for 2013GT500???

dsm2cobra

Established Member
I have a 2003 DSG Cobra with 4,600 original miles, 2.8 pulley, stainless works 3" exhaust and xpipe, H&R springs, Toyo R888 315's etc. The car is like brand new and has literally seen rain one time. I am at the point where I am ready to do a full TVS or 2.9 build.

With that being said, if I sell the Cobra and my '08F250 (daily) and rock my old Expedition for the daily, I could pick up a 2013GT500. I wouldn't have a lot of cash to mod the 500 right away and it would produce less power than the TVS or whippled Cobra. What the hell would you guys do?

perry2k12

Established Member
You have a special car with very low miles. I say do a tasteful build and have a rare car (becoming more rare) that is untouchable by a lot. 2013 gt500 is the most impressive car that has come out since the terminator, however anyone can go out and buy one. Stick with the rarity for now.

Drokkers

Established Member
You have a special car with very low miles. I say do a tasteful build and have a rare car (becoming more rare) that is untouchable by a lot. 2013 gt500 is the most impressive car that has come out since the terminator, however anyone can go out and buy one. Stick with the rarity for now.

i agree with this guy.

You could always flip a coin:beer:

Comp281

Established Member
I'm torn on this one. I'd probably sell the DSG rather than do heavy modifications. Clean low mileage cars like that are hard to find. I've been struggling with the same issue. I want to do heavier mods but I know the car is hard to find the way it is and probably worth more to the right buyer.

I say sell and get the gt500. Can't go wrong either way! Terminator, or Terminator 2! That's a great dilemma to have.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Why did you mod it so much and never drive it is the real question?

Go buy the 13 GT500. This way you can keep the miles down on it and later on somebody can buy that from you and have a new car 10 years form now!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member

This is a good point. I agree.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Go out and drive a new GT500 and see if you really like it. I think I would pick the GT500 without even driving it. I have not heard one bad thing about those beasts!!

fuzion302

+1 Well said.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Get the gt500 ! times have changed the last 9 yrs, the .13 Shelby has surpassed the terminator on so many levels

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
my vote is keep the car .. you're selling two nice cars and getting only one in return

mod the cobra to spank a '13 shelby .. have the fast cobra, a truck AND a suv

and still have more money in your pocket

testorossa1989

Established Member
I think you should give your cobra a chance at mods. There will always be a latest and greatest but staying a head of the pack is what people look for these days. Besides if you have a gt500 i wouldnt touch anything on it just to keep the warranty in tack. Something to also consider, parts on a gt500 are 3x more than our car. If you buy a gt500 keep it stock but i still say mod your car and then if its not enough go to the 2013

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Keep the Terminator for now.

I sat in a GT500 at the dealer this morning. Its a great car and all but for a $60,000 car the interior just feels cheap to me. Sorry but its not worth what they are asking IMO. Wait and pick one up in 3-4 years for around $40-$45k and low miles. Let someone else take the big depreciation hit. 4 years from now your Terminator will still be worth almost what it is now.

Or buy a used Boss 302 and put a Hellion TT kit on it. I'd rather have that than a GT500.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member

Bs. I can't afford one. Lol :lol:

If you could actually sell the Cobra and your '08F250 (daily) for a '13GT500 and not need to add any $ to that transaction, then that's just a no brainer. I love Termies but a '13GT500 has astonishing performance out of the gate.

Users who are viewing this thread