Mod the Cobra or Sell it for 2013GT500???

IA Shelby

Established Member
Everybody I talk to, they say if you are looking for a 2013 gt500 and can afford it, you do it. Get rid of the terminator and do it. They say no other gt500 is worth it, but the 2013 is for sure. Take that for what it's worth, but if I could do it, I would.

I have an 11 and 04. Love them both but saying the 11-12 isn't a step up is a huge stretch.

The best solution is to have one of each because they do offer such different driving experiences.

If the choice is to only be able to drive one for a day - I would choose the terminator. If it is to choose which when to live with going forward - without question the GT500. And yes 2011/2012 would count in that as well.

dsm2cobra

Established Member
Well here is my final mod list for this spring, let me know if I'm missing anything ....

- JLT High Boost Intake painted to match car + Integrated MAF
- Accufab Throttle Body
- VMP TVS
- 60 lb/injectors
- Even flow cooling mod
- Lethal Budget return fuel system
- SW longtubes headers
- MGW shifter
- Ford Racing Diff Cover
- IRS bushing kit
- MM caster/camber plates
- CCW SP500 in Hyper Black 18 x 11” and 18 x 9” with Toyo R888 all around

jpk

Established Member
It's funny how the Terminator has aged so well. I remember when it was new I really didn't like the interior and everything was dated and cheap feeling. But I loved it anyways because you don't get a Mustang for luxury. But now it's cheap and dated interior has turned into classic Mustang charm.

I will never sell the car. I regret selling my '96 Cobra (the same interior as the Termi and that interior actually works much better on the SN95 body style than the New Edge), and so I learned my lesson about constantly upgrading and never being satisfied.

Now, me personally, I'd keep that pristine car near stock. But that is your choice. Make it drive how you want it to drive and enjoy it. Sounds like it is just a weekend/pleasure car anyways. Add another Mustang when you are ready for something different, but don't let a good one go!

Last edited:

dsm2cobra

Established Member
these post have been tremendously helpful .... i pulled the cover off the car last night when I snapped those pics for the first time in weeks and its just so clean. Think I may regret selling it down the road ...

if I keep the car mods will be

- VMP TVS
- lethal budget return
- JLT high boost intake + MAF
- head cooling mod
- injectors
- Matte Black Mono Block 19"x11" and 19" X 9" HRE P40SC's

it should look sick with this wheel set up, put down more power than a new GT500, avoid taking the big financial hit of a new car, and I get to turn some wrenches which Im dying to do, thoughts??

well I kept the car, friggin love this thing. Budget fuel system is in, Ford Racing cover is on with MM bushings. Doing SW headers to go with my SW exhaust, ID1000's and I just order a polished LC Kenne Bell Mammoth. Hope to have it all together and tuned by June.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Im so happy I just read this!!! Congrats man!!! What numbers are you looking to get? That thing is gonna be a beast

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
these post have been tremendously helpful .... i pulled the cover off the car last night when I snapped those pics for the first time in weeks and its just so clean. Think I may regret selling it down the road ...

if I keep the car mods will be

- VMP TVS
- lethal budget return
- JLT high boost intake + MAF
- head cooling mod
- injectors
- Matte Black Mono Block 19"x11" and 19" X 9" HRE P40SC's

it should look sick with this wheel set up, put down more power than a new GT500, avoid taking the big financial hit of a new car, and I get to turn some wrenches which Im dying to do, thoughts??

This 100 times over. 13 is a sweet ride but you have something a bit more rich in history, has incredibly low mileage and IMO, the best looking Mustang after 1970. I love the old muscle car feel of the 03-04 Cobra and these newer cars with electronic brakes/drive by wire, etc. drive me nuts. Mod the DSG and it will be like getting an entirely different vehicle.

dsm2cobra

Established Member
Stainless Works long tubes installed

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

TRBO VNM

I have an 11 and 04. Love them both but saying the 11-12 isn't a step up is a huge stretch.

The best solution is to have one of each because they do offer such different driving experiences.

If the choice is to only be able to drive one for a day - I would choose the terminator. If it is to choose which when to live with going forward - without question the GT500. And yes 2011/2012 would count in that as well.

It was more of option between all the gt500's. If you can afford the 2013, you get that over the previous gt500's if getting rid of the terminator. I am waiting on deposit now for my terminator and after paying some things off will be saving a little and getting a 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread