Modded '11+ GT vs C5-Z

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Curious how you think my car would run against a stock C5 Z06. I have a 2011 GT base model w/ 3.55s MT-82. Mods are:

AED Tune, Boss ITM, C&L CAI
SW LTs, off road XP, CB exhaust
DSS aluminum DS + other weight reduction (car probably weighs 3400-3450 lbs w/out driver)

Thoughts :shrug:

powerhogger

Established Member
C5Z are slow. Stock for stock you are almost on par on a straight line with a c6.
You should have no problem if you can get traction.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Hes gonna beat you. Unless you're on tires and he's not and you're going from a Dig. And/Or he can't drive. But if it's tire to tire, car to car, he's got you. Stop or Roll shouldn't matter.

You sure about that? The c5 z06's aren't that much faster than the base c5's. Nothing like the difference between the c6z's and the base c6's

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Hes gonna beat you. Unless you're on tires and he's not and you're going from a Dig. And/Or he can't drive. But if it's tire to tire, car to car, he's got you. Stop or Roll shouldn't matter.

no. Stock for stock it's close even. With his mods and tune it will be a rape if the c5z is stock

Reno Five-O

Established Member

Have you tried racing a stock c5z while your 5.0 was stock? If not you should so you can surprise yourself.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
having owned both cars, youll pull lengths on te vette. My coyote trapped the same mph in worse air as my stock 03' z06 did. With all your mods, unless you cant drive, you'll put several lengths on him.

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
There is a member on here who had a C5Z that said he hadn't run into a bolted 5.0 that could beat him. I think his name was ZYBORG

BPatterson

Established Member
Lol @the people who think the 5.0 will put several lengths on the C5Z. Unless you've actually raced one, you shouldn't be responding. I've raced my buddies 02 Z06 several times, from many different rolls, and he always pulls out on me around 100. Granted, his has longtubes, cai, and a tune. Still, running a stock one from a roll will surprise you.

13RaceRed5.0

Established Member
Damn and all this time I thought a regular c5 would be a good run with a stock 5.0. My friends uncle has a bone stock manual c5 and wants to run for $100 dollars. Now I know I can make some money.:dancenana:

Last edited:

cuzracecar

Established Member
I traded my 03 z06 for my 12 5.0 lol when I was bone stock power shifting the car like I was trying to rip the shifter outta the tranny (stock street tires) best I could muster was 12.7

Unless hes got heads/cam/intake or spray I wouldn't worry..from a dig I mean I didn't do to many roll races so can't help ya much on that

BPatterson

Established Member
12.7 out of a stock Z? Ouch. Stock Z's around here, on street tires, normally go 12.3-12.4 @115-116. Add a tune, headers, and tires, and they're going 11.6-7's @ 117-119.

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Good insight. I have a buddy looking at getting one in about a month, so we'll see soon - I'm just excited to race a new car! If he buys one that has H/C/E then I'm ****ed, lol.

cuzracecar

Established Member
Track prep wasn't the best taking off slow not to blow the tires off the launch but Im not trying to make excuses that's my best

SCalla1384

Established Member
Just for reference, my buddy's boss with exhaust intake and his car weighs about 3200-3250lbs without him. Very first video is vs a full exhaust (ARH LT's) c5Z

Boss VS The World - YouTube

From a 70 hit he instantly put about 3 cars on him probably at like 105mph.

Pretty sure a bolt on, maybe even stock coyote would beat a c5z.

Users who are viewing this thread