Modded '11+ GT vs C5-Z

jdcobra

Established Member
See the thing is a lot of these people are on Fords nuts all day long. Shit, I work for Ford but I love me a clean corvette all day long. People want to think that ford is the shit and nothing can ever touch it. Lol, news for people like that. Regardless what you drive you win some and lose some, all apart of life. I don't like people who are so biased and only have one train of thought. That's pure ignorance to me. I love ford, gm, dodge, buick, supras, skylines, it doesn't matter. If its a nice car I'm gonna like it regardless of make/model.

Last edited:

69camaro...

Established Member
I used to own chevys, owned ford trucks. Now i have the stang. No ones arguing, but no one likes a Chevy vs. Ford pissing match. Any who

02 WIFE

Established Member
It's amazing to me to see how you new 5.0 guys are so giddy about running c5z06's. They were made from 2001-2004 they are old! The 5.0 is a marvelous machine but lets see a 2001-2004 gt, mach 1 run against them, it wont be pretty. Terminators are the exception.

ccd_1606

Established Member
Exactly I love gm but I really love my mustang they are two different animals. I was just trying to give a comparison and got jumped on because of it.

These new 5.0's are impressive but people have to give credit where it is due. Ls1 was the raining champ for a long time.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Lol! Then the driver of the Z was shiet. I plan on getting one at the end of the year and ill invite the fellow coyote members around Houston out for some fun runs and then food and beer after :beer:

Watch the video. The boss left it hard. C5z's aren't that fast.

jdcobra

Established Member
Watch the video. The boss left it hard. C5z's aren't that fast.

Lol oh one video is supposed to make me change my knowledge about cars? I've seen new boss mustangs with full bolt ons get walked but full bolt on c5 Z's. Depending on the driver (most important part) and the condition of the car it could vary. If you want to think its cut and dry like that go ahead. Yea that c5 Z lost but I know more than a handful that would have eaten that's boss' lunch. That's all I'm saying

SCalla1384

Established Member
It's amazing to me to see how you new 5.0 guys are so giddy about running c5z06's. They were made from 2001-2004 they are old! The 5.0 is a marvelous machine but lets see a 2001-2004 gt, mach 1 run against them, it wont be pretty. Terminators are the exception.

Wasn't it 98-04?

Someone find me a bone stock c5Z in the New England area, and ill race in my 13 GT bone stock m6. I think it'll be a good run.

Only thing is, mines alittle heavier with the shaker1000 system but still.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Lol oh one video is supposed to make me change my knowledge about cars? I've seen new boss mustangs with full bolt ons get walked but full bolt on c5 Z's. Depending on the driver (most important part) and the condition of the car it could vary. If you want to think its cut and dry like that go ahead. Yea that c5 Z lost but I know more than a handful that would have eaten that's boss' lunch. That's all I'm saying

Lmao bench racer. Alls I'm saying is the boss instantly left that full exhaust c5z hard. The topic of this thread was a coyote (bolt ons) vs a stock c5z. My buddy's boss in that video is the closest thing to the thread subject.

Then you say "well I know plenty of cars that would kick that boss's ass" typo al bench racer comment.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
There is a member on here who had a C5Z that said he hadn't run into a bolted 5.0 that could beat him. I think his name was ZYBORG

his was also very shady with his mods. he was I/full exhaust/tune/small cam. probably 420whp-430whp and he was an above average driver.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Also, even if the driver sucked in that video, the main thing is how the boss instantly put x amount of cars on him.

Watch that video, he races an FRC c5 procharged and loses, but not by much. The FRC makes 550+ the boss makes 435rwhp.

Coyotes have a fat powerband, besides the driver that's the next most important part

jdcobra

Established Member
Lmao bench racer. Alls I'm saying is the boss instantly left that full exhaust c5z hard. The topic of this thread was a coyote (bolt ons) vs a stock c5z. My buddy's boss in that video is the closest thing to the thread subject.

Then you say "well I know plenty of cars that would kick that boss's ass" typo al bench racer comment.

You can call me whatever you want but I've already called a couple of guys out for tx2k14 so if you wanna bring your race car ill bring a full bolt on c5 Z and would be more than happy to eat your lunch and show you how much of a bench racer I'm not. Like I said, put up or shut up

Ill_W1N

Established Member
It had no a/c which just brought the weight down to something more comparable to the 3100 pound z06. Also I said turbo 350 which is a ****ing transmission you dip shit not a turbo charger. So get your shit right before you try and talk to me.

Here we go, let's resort to name calling cuz that's mature. Your the one getting bent out of shape.

This guy felt the need to make this thread a ford vs chevy argument comparing his camaro to a c5z and beating new mustangs and "gm power all day bla blah. " it's still not comparable no matter how you see it and care to point it out to the op. So instead of finding a thread to brag about your camaro stay on topic. No one gives a shit about your camaro, the question was asked about a c5z and a bolt on 5.0... Not your gutted modded 98 camaro..:rollseyes

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
See the thing is a lot of these people are on Fords nuts all day long. Shit, I work for Ford but I love me a clean corvette all day long. People want to think that ford is the shit and nothing can ever touch it. Lol, news for people like that. Regardless what you drive you win some and lose some, all apart of life. I don't like people who are so biased and only have one train of thought. That's pure ignorance to me. I love ford, gm, dodge, buick, supras, skylines, it doesn't matter. If its a nice car I'm gonna like it regardless of make/model.

You are on a FORD SVT forum, no shit people are going to be bias towards a ford vehicle.

-Thomas

SCalla1384

Established Member
You can call me whatever you want but I've already called a couple of guys out for tx2k14 so if you wanna bring your race car ill bring a full bolt on c5 Z and would be more than happy to eat your lunch and show you how much of a bench racer I'm not. Like I said, put up or shut up

My race car? Lmao. When did I ever call it that? Yea let me drive 2000 miles to Texas to race a bolt on c5z In my bone stock car. That's so worth it.

I'd be more then happy to have a friendly race with a stock/near stock c5z.

jdcobra

Established Member
You are on a FORD SVT forum, no shit people are going to be bias towards a ford vehicle.

-Thomas

Lol just cuz you're biased doesn't mean you have to be a dickhead or ignorant. My first car was on 04 cobra and I didn't go around saying gm sucked ass or dodge sucks or whatever the case may be. Half the people who are biased have never even driven a vette, camaro, or charger. They just think what they have is better. This subject is like beating a dead horse, it's not gonna change anything no matter what point I try to make.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I drove an 02 WS6 and it sucked. I almost bought it til I took it out for a test drive. Only 30k miles in it. Drove like shit, interior was hideous and uncomfortable, head light was stuck shut, felt like crap driving it.

I love c5z's I'd love to own one. Definitely one of my favorite cars. Tht being said, I want to race a stock one or lightly modded one.

ccd_1606

Established Member
Here we go, let's resort to name calling cuz that's mature. Your the one getting bent out of shape.

This guy felt the need to make this thread a ford vs chevy argument comparing his camaro to a c5z and beating new mustangs and "gm power all day bla blah. " it's still not comparable no matter how you see it and care to point it out to the op. So instead of finding a thread to brag about your camaro stay on topic. No one gives a shit about your camaro, the question was asked about a c5z and a bolt on 5.0... Not your gutted modded 98 camaro..:rollseyes

I'm sorry your to incompetent to understand that a 98 camaro comes with an ls1 and weights 3600 pounds. A c5z06 weights 3100 pounds and comes with a ls6 which is a ls1 block with updates and obviously better heads. My car had mods to increase the power a little over what a c5 z06 has and the weight reduction made it weight the same as a z06. So basically I had a camaro with the same specs as a c5z06 but a little more power.

I no longer own the camaro it is long gone and nothing to brag about. Your just not wanting to see my point of view. They are different platforms I understand but had similar power to weight ratios. And same cubic in power plants. I'm just going to drop it. But you should study up on vehicles before you make comments. I can't take someone serious who doesn't know that a turbo 350 is a transmission.

cababah

Established Member
I'm not bad mouthing the coyotes because I obviously own one but LS power is hard to beat.

Hmm, my experience has been quite the opposite. Never saw the huge deal with the "touch of god" LS motors. They make decent power and are simple to work on and fix. Lots of parts available but I still don't get the fascination :shrug:

Oh well, long live government motors, brah

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Lol just cuz you're biased doesn't mean you have to be a dickhead or ignorant. My first car was on 04 cobra and I didn't go around saying gm sucked ass or dodge sucks or whatever the case may be. Half the people who are biased have never even driven a vette, camaro, or charger. They just think what they have is better. This subject is like beating a dead horse, it's not gonna change anything no matter what point I try to make.

Ill check out any car and give props when it is due. The coyote/ roadrunners are just damn impressive for what they are.

Ive roll raced a few local c5z's with bolt on's and on the freeway 55-135mph I have put multiple car lenghts on them.

But a c6z is another story because ive had my ass handed to me by a few.

-Thomas

SCalla1384

Established Member
I'm sorry your to incompetent to understand that a 98 camaro comes with an ls1 and weights 3600 pounds. A c5z06 weights 3100 pounds and comes with a ls6 which is a ls1 block with updates and obviously better heads. My car had mods to increase the power a little over what a c5 z06 has and the weight reduction made it weight the same as a z06. So basically I had a camaro with the same specs as a c5z06 but a little more power.

I no longer own the camaro it is long gone and nothing to brag about. Your just not wanting to see my point of view. They are different platforms I understand but had similar power to weight ratios. And same cubic in power plants. I'm just going to drop it. But you should study up on vehicles before you make comments. I can't take someone serious who doesn't know that a turbo 350 is a transmission.

Keep trying to convince yourself you had a car that was like a vette. In all reality, you had a hideous Sebring look alike.

Users who are viewing this thread