Modding of my 04 Cobra

SicOne

Established Member
MT Drag radials, look badass and perform just as well, They even wrinkle!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
have you already upgraded your suspension? i.e. FLSFCs? bushings? that kind of thing? you will not be happy if you do your other mods and don't do the suspension upgrades to go with it.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
have you already upgraded your suspension? i.e. FLSFCs? bushings? that kind of thing? you will not be happy if you do your other mods and don't do the suspension upgrades to go with it.

I haven't done the suspension upgrade yet... Any good suggestions? Trying to come up with good ideas and gain good ideas from members like yourself. Thanks for the help

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
MT Drag radials, look badass and perform just as well, They even wrinkle!

Yeah been hearing the MT drags are sick. Think I will go with that setup. Just ready to get home to start all the modding. Bought a lot of parts already just waiting to arrive back stateside to begin all the installing.

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
I would beef up the rear end, don't want not wheel hop with 800 hp and the transmission. As for the intake i believe kb has a intake of their own.

photo_02.jpg

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
I would beef up the rear end, don't want not wheel hop with 800 hp and the transmission. As for the intake i believe kb has a intake of their own.

photo_02.jpg

Def did not know that kb had a inlet. thats B.A. Yeah I know what you mean about the suspension. Yeah my 04 Cobra I just bought not too long ago and the car only has 5k miles on it. The guy luckily held on to it for me while I was saving money. Got a great deal on it.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Also want some diff pistons just don't know what manufacturer to go to. Just so excited to begin all these mods. Wanna make my car a beast on the streets

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Full length Subframe connectors (Maximum Motorsports), lowering springs (I did Maximum Motorsports Coil Overs), caster/camber plates, you might want to check out the red or blue pill (do a search on here). I also added a matrix brace with jacking rails, and a strut tower brace to my 'vert. pics in my sig

ttk53

Established Member
1 I have never seen a TS car make 800
2 you say bassani o/r x then kooks LT's these will not work together.
3 You need to do a lot more reading.
4 Why 800 HP? have you even drivin a 500 hp cobra?

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member

Yes I've driven a 500hp car. Lol 1st 1 I ever drove was my buddies 03 Cobra which was pumping 675hp. He wanted to hear how his car sounded 4rm the outside in person so he let me drive it. This was a few years back. Not gonna lie can be hard to handle but not when you have some experience. O btw, check out on youtube and look up 800hp TS cobras and you will see. Good buddy of my in Kansas City Go MC RACING has being moddn muscle cars for quite some time and he is a go to guy when it comes to mustangs. Your question about 800hp: Well where I'm station at in Kansas there is a lot of competition. Doing the 800hp for a lot of races. Appreciate all the help but I left out a lot of mods that has been done already but hard to get all in to details when I'm here in Iraq

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Full length Subframe connectors (Maximum Motorsports), lowering springs (I did Maximum Motorsports Coil Overs), caster/camber plates, you might want to check out the red or blue pill (do a search on here). I also added a matrix brace with jacking rails, and a strut tower brace to my 'vert. pics in my sig

Appreciate all the advice. A lot of it I know what I need to do to reach my goal but I like hearing about other people pros and cons about certain set-ups that they go with. Had a good friend of mine who neglected to gain knowledge of his 03 Cobra and totaled his terminator once he tuned it up to 700hp. Not trying to be that guy you know

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Well I'm currently deployed in Iraq and racking good amounts of money throughout this deployment. Decided that once I get back stateside that I'll be doing a massive project on my 04 Cobra. Planning on installing 2.8H mammoth KB S/C, Bassani o/r x-pipe, borla stinger catback, Kooks L/T headers, drag radials, and CAI. Need help on deciding on what CAI setup to go with and drag radial manufacturer. Also need help on choosing nice black rims. Ne1 have suggestions? Upgrading spline too... Want to push over 800hp

tax-free income isn't too bad huh? i am planning to save all my loot... nothing major for any of my rides except for the here-&-there mods. keep us updated and don't forget the pics! :rockon:

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member

I also know you got to do alot of mods when asking to push that much hp. Doing fuel upgrades, etc... Just didn't want to do a whole mod list of what I wanna do b/c that can get overwhelming. Not stirring up anything just wanted to hear people point of views. Thanks though for the response. I don't mind taking criticism

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
tax-free income isn't too bad huh? i am planning to save all my loot... nothing major for any of my rides except for the here-&-there mods. keep us updated and don't forget the pics! :rockon:

Yeah I thought before I marry I would do as much mods as possible. Yeah the tax free money is great. Had a lot of money saved prior to deploying but I decided I just want to use my deployment money for moddin my Cobra. I will def keep every1 posted on pics and vids. Yeah o btw, my car in the avatar is mines. Car is bone stock. Going to black out the entire car. Rims, windows, headlight, tail, etc...

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Appreciate all the advice. A lot of it I know what I need to do to reach my goal but I like hearing about other people pros and cons about certain set-ups that they go with. Had a good friend of mine who neglected to gain knowledge of his 03 Cobra and totaled his terminator once he tuned it up to 700hp. Not trying to be that guy you know

My advice is to do your suspension first. adding all that HP with no suspension mods you are going to waste a ton of your gains. HP is worthless unless you can put it to the ground in a meaningful way.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Question for you ~Fire 4 Effect~ are you currently deployed? Though I'm currently deployed right now, my unit already have orders for Afghanistan once back stateside for a lil while which I won't say what time frame due to OPSEC

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
My advice is to do your suspension first. adding all that HP with no suspension mods you are going to waste a ton of your gains. HP is worthless unless you can put it to the ground in a meaningful way.

O yea definitely, that was going to be like 1 of the 1st things I do. Keywords you said PUT IT TO THE GROUND. Thanks. O btw, RDJ your smackdown on that muscle dude and his crying ass ways had me ***n laughing. That was funny as shit. You a funny guy man

Tractionless1

Established Member
Let me be the 1st to say........Thanks For Your Service!!!!

Don't forget fuel system. Triple GT pump, return fore hat, upgraded FPDM bad boy drivers, LPW diff. cover all from Lethal. I'm sure those guys will help you out immensly on prices should you purchase that many parts at once. For wheels get something from Steve at True Forged, they have a beautiful selection with all sorts of colors.

Users who are viewing this thread