Modified stock hood vents. (cooling)Tell me what you think.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I was wanting the Fore vents but hell I just may do this instead. That looks pretty damn good

Good job man!

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
Just an idea...could you heat the Xacto blade to make it cut easier and limit your sanding? (Thinking like model airplanes)

Nice job to the Op for being creative and sharing with the group.:beer:

Black Sex

Established Member
Thanks everyone :beer: Glad you like them. I dont even think the average person would notice.

Just an idea...could you heat the Xacto blade to make it cut easier and limit your sanding? (Thinking like model airplanes)

Nice job to the Op for being creative and sharing with the group.:beer:

I thought about heating up the blade. It shaped like a hook or half moon (sharp on the inside radius) and I didn't know if the heat would warp the blade and make it not streight anymore. After cutting the louvers off with the side cutters I used the xacto knife to cut the left over "nubbs" off. I wasn't real concerned with cutting it down totally flat, I just didn't want to cut into the vent frame. I started with 60 grit which leveled out bumps fast, but I think it was too aggressive. Then I used 180 grit then 220. Im thinking of going back over them with 400 grit and re spraying them. Im alittle picky/anal

Last edited:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Kind of creeps me out because i was looking at my vents this weekend and was wondering what they would look like if i did that too them and then u made this thread hahah LOOKS AMAZING MAN!! great job

AssassinoGrigio

Established Member
Look what you made me start doing at work.... just started a min ago...

vents.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread