modular depot fuel upgrade rip-off

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
ordered complete fuel line upgrade from modular depot, paid june 15, 2006
$884.00 have received nothing to date, have gotten the run around from them since the beginning. they seem to have an excuse for everything. they have been paid thru pay-pal. i finally received an e-mail today stating they have no recollection of my order. this one tops it all, and i was told to go ahead and re-order, i do not wish to pay again. anyone in the neighborhood of this false company and know anything more about them than the bullshit i only know about them? they really look as just another scam company advertising on the net to gather money and supply no services, they suck, but they got my money, so there not complete idiots. first it was they said they had a fuel rail problem, then it was stated they had a fuel fitting problem, then to the final act, they seem to have a fuel line problem, the best answer is today that they have no recollection of me and my order. they must think they are just the coolest and good at screw'n people out of there money. who ever these maggots are i would really like to have one in front of my face today

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
do you still have the paypal documents showing the transaction? you sending the money to them and them accepting it? that should be enough to grab them by the balls. why have you waited for so long to bring it up? i have seen a few issues that were compareable and resolved quick when brought to the forums. good luck and i hope you get your money back.

i would demand for the money back and not the product. give the money to another company that will work for you instead of against you.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
I'm local, had work done in the shop.... not very happy either, but not as big an issue as yours....

And here's part of the problem
http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=60
By: Ken Bjonnes
Published: 10.22.2006

Champion Motorsports operations director Rick Reynolds and MD Motorsports founders Ken Bjonnes and Brandon Alsept are pleased to announce the acquisition of ModularDepot.com as well as the assets and staff of MD Motorsports.
This merger will relocate the operations of Modular Depot to the 15,000 Sq. Ft. facility currently used as a bodyshop by Champion Dealer Group at 2350 Alexandria Pike Southgate, Kentucky.

It seems you bought parts from a company that no longer exists. The name is the same, (Modular Depot) but MD Motorsports who was the company behind the website got bought a month ago.

I would get on the ball with PayPal records, emails and get in touch with Rick Reynolds at:
Champion Motorsports
2350 Alexandria Pike
Southgate, KY 41071
(859) 442-5300
[email protected]

Last edited:

Quick Strike

Established Member
You will have a record of the transaction in your Paypal history. You may want to look it up and let them know you have a transaction record. That should do it for you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Assuming you have documentation that the funds were drawn from your PayPal account, first follow Yellow2003's advice and call Champion Motorsports. If that doesn't help, then call PayPal and file a complaint. Unfortunately a lot of time (5 months) has passed so getting help from PayPal might be iffy. Best of luck. Hopefully your providing Champion with proof you paid through PayPal will be sufficient.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
surprize

just got home from work, holy hell, what a surprize, you guys are great, my spirits are lifted on this issue. i have all records to this transaction and this is why i used pay-pal. i have sent them e-mail after e-mail and will continue to fill they're e-mails with me. i will await they're reply and to call them next week. they said in an e-mail from yesterday stating they have no record of me and they will not be answering the phone till next week because they are moving, they asked for me to re-order and they would put me on priority. i will talk to a real person there before i take legal action. beleive me i will take legal action regardless who bought someone else's headache. thanks for all the responses to my problem,live and learn then take the cobra and haul ass, i cant help but to hold back and let everybody who's gotta speed and that just must get by me and in one instant step on the pedal and pass all at once in only seconds. some later pull up aside and give grampa here the finger.:rockon:

vr4

Established Member
hey mister hawaiiancobra......i got a little V6 here that might give ya a run

:D

oh and best of luck getting that worked out. i hate it when crap like that happens. it seems like they pushed you off till they sold so you would be out of their hair.

oldmodman

Established Member
I hope that you have your Paypal account linked to your credit card. If you do call your credit card company and tell them that you have been defrauded and want the charge reversed. Send them the email from Modular depot confirming that they can't find your order and the merchandise was never shipped.

On the other hand if you linked to a bank account you are probably screwed. Paypal is terrible about actually doing anything to help out anyone.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
thanks, i am linked to pay-pal through my credit card. i wish first for modular depot to step up to the plate and make it right before i take further action. i dont have a weak backbone. i told them long ago i only at least wanted the kit before christmas for my install is scheduled for my holiday off, i'm not sure i told them christmas 2006?:shrug:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
looks like sometimes you just have to speak out on these forums, ken, of modular depot will ship my kit monday, called me first thing this morning, thats service. employee problems, internal issues solved. modular will see more business from me as soon as i receive my kit. i will support someone who steps up to the plate and makes right, i have to daily as i'm sure ken does. i will report here in the future on future purchases and service from them:bash: no more mud slinging for now. thanks for all the replies i received, i was quite overwhelmed with everybodies response to my issue. thank you:coolman:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
it is funny how these forums can get things done. if not for just the good info from others but also the vendors can live and die by these reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread