Money hungry ****s! Sandy Hook Families sue

Ponyracer1

Established Member
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sa...ewtown-schools-citing-lax-security/ar-AA864Wt

Seriously? Why can't people nowadays just admit that sometimes bad things happen to good people and move on? Why does it always come down to profiting off tragedy? Neither of my kids schools have heavily armed rent-a-cops in the parking lot or bulletproof glass in the front. REALLY????? Bulletproof glass? On the entrance of a ELEMENTARY SCHOOL??? Am I the only one that sees this as a ridiculous thing to sue over?

"The lawsuit also alleges the town was negligent in not having a more secure entrance way to the school because it did not have bulletproof glass on the front windows and for having doors that couldn't be locked from the inside."

"The lawsuit also questions the lack of security in the parking lot area"

"The lawsuit is the second one filed since the shooting. The first one against the gun manufacturer, filed at Superior Court in Bridgeport, claims that the Bushmaster AR-15 used by Lanza in the shooting should not be sold to the public because it is a military assault weapon designed for war."

ThomasL

Established Member
I tend not to judge the actions of parents whose ~6 year old child was gunned down at school by a psycho.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If my kid got slaughtered, I wouldn't be to civil, friendly or forgiving to anyone.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
No need to go after anyone other than the Lanza family. They are the ones who didnt seek proper medical attention for this kids sick, twisted, ****ed up mind. He should have been committed.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
No need to go after anyone other than the Lanza family. They are the ones who didnt seek proper medical attention for this kids sick, twisted, ****ed up mind. He should have been committed.

Have you forgotten? The mom was killed by him as well. They have nobody that can provide them recompense and are trying to pull at every straw they can get their hands on. I don't blame them, but I also think they are doing the wrong thing. It is a complete tragedy, like those that are trying to sue the airlines for 9/11. Best to just move on with your life in that case and pay remembrances to the dead.

Also, it's so easy to judge how ****ed up somebody is after the fact, but until they have committed a crime or have harmed somebody seriously, how do you justify institutionalizing them? What if they did it to you because of something dumb you said that one time on that one website, even though you are innocent. What of those that have sound, intelligent minds that show no signs of maliciousness but end up being Ted Bundy?

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you forgotten? The mom was killed by him as well. They have nobody that can provide them recompense and are trying to pull at every straw they can get their hands on. I don't blame them, but I also think they are doing the wrong thing. It is a complete tragedy, like those that are trying to sue the airlines for 9/11. Best to just move on with your life in that case and pay remembrances to the dead.

The father is still alive.

Oh and i will say, i am with you. I am just stating that if my 6 year old was killed the only person who would feel my wraith would be whoever is left from the Lanza family.

Last edited:

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
The father is still alive.

Oh and i will say, i am with you. I am just stating that if my 6 year old was killed the only person who would feel my wraith would be whoever is left from the Lanza family.

I concur, and such is a custom that has been around for a millennia or more, seeking reparation for damages from the family of the perpetrator if said perp is dead. But, you can't throw dad in prison if he had nothing to do with them, nor did he commit a crime of negligence and I sincerely doubt he has the millions of dollars these people are asking for.

My wife is a kindergarten teacher, and I am soon to have a little girl, and if both of them were taken because of some random act of violence, and the person responsible was taken out along with immediate family, I would have no avenue for recompense. Life insurance to some extent, but there will be no vengeance.

chao5.0

Established Member
whats dumb is if the bullet proof glass was in place before the shooting the families would've probably complained about why it was needed to begin with. while I agree not to judge the families who lost their kids but this sounds to me like some blood thirsty lawyers put them up to this, if I lost my kids I wouldn't be thinking about stuff like this, nor would money compensate me the lost for my kids. however, blood from the shooter or shooters family will help me sleep just a little better at night.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Well yea, I'm sure the lawyers are pushing/influencing the parents to go after money.

While the money can't bring back their kid, I don't have any ill will for the parents who join the lawsuit.

And hopefully other schools will see what happened there, and try to find cost effective ways of upping security at schools.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
And hopefully other schools will see what happened there, and try to find cost effective ways of upping security at schools.

We seriously need up-armored schools now? The states already have a hard enough time budgeting money to keep paying teachers (who are already seriously underpaid) and keeping schools from falling apart, now you want to add insanely expensive bulletproofing to protect from something that might happen to one school in the country, once a year.

Guess the kids won't be going out for recess anymore either, huh? Too vulnerable there.

Sorry, but it's not a feasible solution. If you're scared to send your kid to school, just home school them and you can armor your house all you want.

LS2GTO

Established Member
If my kid got slaughtered, I wouldn't be to civil, friendly or forgiving to anyone.

Even people that had nothing to do with it? Are you going to yell and berate your mailman for no reason at all?

Look I can't imagine the pain and suffering that these parents are experiencing right now, and I pray to god everyday I never find out myself with my own kids, but damn this is getting ridiculous.

You acting like this to people and things that have nothing to do with what happened just show the type of person you are, regardless of what happened.

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
We seriously need up-armored schools now? The states already have a hard enough time budgeting money to keep paying teachers (who are already seriously underpaid) and keeping schools from falling apart, now you want to add insanely expensive bulletproofing to protect from something that might happen to one school in the country, once a year.

Guess the kids won't be going out for recess anymore either, huh? Too vulnerable there.

Sorry, but it's not a feasible solution. If you're scared to send your kid to school, just home school them and you can armor your house all you want.

all banks have security guards. We can have armed guards "protect" our money but not children?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
None of my local banks have armed guards...maybe the bigger banks do, but I think the reason banks have so much protection is this.

When the vast majority of people see a dollar bill lying on the ground in the street, we pick it up and put it in our wallet and careless who it might belong to.

When the vast (and I mean vast) majority of people see an innocent kid lying in the street, we do everything we can to protect it.

Sure, the idea of our kids being far more important than money is both true and noble, but the fact of the matter is, I think banks are at a far higher likelihood of being robbed and necessitate caution over a school. Thankfully, overall we live in a safe society, but when it comes down to it, most illegal activities involve money or the desire for money, not hurting children.

I'm sure that probably makes it sound like I think money is more important, which isn't true, I just think the concept of turning schools into armored bunkers isn't necessarily going to guarantee something bad won't happen, especially when the chances are few and far between anyways. What happens when the armed guard goes "postal" because of wage issues or something...you might say that's unlikely, but so to are so many terrible things.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

Never said armor up the schools. I posted "cost effective ways of upping security". Is it wrong to make our schools safer? God forbid there's more planning/awareness in making places like schools safer.

Ponyracer1

Established Member

^This. God forbid this happens to anyone elses kid but if I was involved I'd be more concerned about pushing for a fed/state law that mandates a certain % of teachers have a CCW and actively carry. There is no way these small town schools can afford prison walls and bulletproof glass but they CAN afford to hire teachers willing to defend themselves and their workplace/pupils. Pretty ridiculous that we even need to worry about this shit but since we do that's the best/most cost effective solution that I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread